Home Community General Football Week 13: Proper Footy

This topic contains 128 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by Makaveli Makaveli 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 129 total)
  • Author
    Chucky McChuckface
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant
    227 pts

#28318 Score: 0
    Moos
    Moos
    Participant
    7 pts

Pep the greatest of All time

#28320 Score: 0

Oz Yob
    Participant
    14 pts

Onto the weekend & I’ve got a feeling Liverpool will drop points again. We have been far from convincing, esp in away games & if we don’t start finding some form soon we will be in a right battle just to stay top 4.
    This is a tough away fixture & I don’t think we will win the way we have been playin. 1-2 or 2-2 is my prediction.

#28321 Score: 0

nine nine nine
    321 pts

Liverpool to sneak a 1-2 win for me Oz the big game is Spurs v Chelsea tough one for Chelsea but but I will be disappointed if we don’t come away with a point. Wins for both the Manchester Club’s imo, tricky game for Arsenal. Good to see the PL back.

#28323 Score: 0
    Moos
    Moos
    Participant
    7 pts

United. Liverpool and Spurs have been extremely lucky so far this season.

#28324 Score: 0
    Chucky McChuckface
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant
    227 pts

Us Spuds have been more than lucky this season, I think our total pts thus far aren’t really a true indicator of how ‘good’ we’ve been so far this season. Having said that, the last couple of games we’ve been showing signs of previous (about last February’s!) form and we should have a stronger squad to choice from than we’ve had for a month or so, with both Ali and Wee Viking back in contention. Hopefully Sanchez will be back too to help with the back four… tough one to call but I think I’d take a draw now if it was offered to me!

Both Pool & Goonies will need their “A” game for sure, potential banana skins there for both, but both Manc clubs should be good for 3 I reckon.

#28325 Score: 0
    Makaveli
    Makaveli
    Participant
    49 pts

Ya, I’m not taking this Watford for granted at all. I’ve predicted 2-1 to us and we’ll have to play well to get it.

I think the time has come to drop Firmino. I don’t rate Origi at all so I’m sticking to my guns in wanting to see Solanke given a start. I don’t expect it but it’s what I would do.

#28329 Score: 0
    Hightown hope
    Hightown hope
    Participant
    78 pts

Big risk that, Mak

#28330 Score: 0

nine nine nine
    321 pts

Klopps problem for this game is getting his team selection right with the game v PSG on Wednesday in mind.

#28331 Score: 0
    Makaveli
    Makaveli
    Participant
    49 pts

It might sound like it is Hightown but we’re taking a player who isn’t scoring, out. Firmino needs to know that his place in the team is only safe as long as he’s pushing himself to the very limit. it’s not just that though, the risk element is there but there is also the potential.

I’ll use a fairly fresh example. Gomez has built his entire reputation as a top quality CB this season. If he weren’t given the chance when Lovren were injured, we’d still be talking about who’s better Lovren or Matip. Gomez was given spells in the side before this (mostly out of position) and he never really impressed anyone, I mean, not to the effect he has since he’s been starting at CB for us a few games in a row.

I don’t want to over-state it but I am convinced that Solanke is the real deal. I think he needs an extended spell in the side but when can you afford to do such a thing? I think now is the time for at least one game anyway and after that, we can see.

I really doubt Klopp will start anyone but Firmino. TBH if he goes with someone else, you know it’ll be Sturridge but after his last few attempts I don’t think I want to see him start for us again. Give the kid a chance! He has impressed massively for the U23s. One might say that isn’t much but that’s all he can do until he gets chances at the top level.

Please Klopp! haha

#28332 Score: 0
    Hightown hope
    Hightown hope
    Participant
    78 pts

I would prefer to see Solanke get some game time only when we are winning. By all means bring him on if we’re winning with 15 to go, but I just don’t fancy him from the start. I can’t argue with your Gomez analogy, but as I said on an earlier post the position of striker, particularly a No 9 who offers far less all round than Bobby, is absolutely crucial.

#28333 Score: 0
    Makaveli
    Makaveli
    Participant
    49 pts

Ya, I mean I am not expecting most fans to agree with me on this one. I too would like to have seen him coming on here and there before casting him in but I feel that we’re in a “needs must” situation, almost. maybe that’s a bit further than I really want to go on it but I do think that even with the work he is doing, 2 goals from 12 is just not good enough. I’d say that his all round play isn’t as good as last season also though. He loses possession a lot more… Well, he certainly seems to.

He’s had a bit of criticism lately though, with the media discussing his poor form. Maybe that will be enough to shake him up a bit.

#28340 Score: 0

nine nine nine
    321 pts

Two bits of positive news ahead of the Spurs game for Chelsea. Kante signs a new 5 year contract and Kovacic trained fully yesterday so it looks like Sarri will have a full squad to pick from. Tough game so every little plus helps.😊

#28341 Score: 0
    Paxton
    Paxton
    Participant
    67 pts

999 – and spurs still plagued with injuries. trippier, rose, sanchez, dembele, wanyama all still out and vertoghen only returned to first team training yesterday. hopefully eriksen is fit enough to start.

#28342 Score: 0

nine nine nine
    321 pts

True enough Paxton and I made that point on the Chelsea site Chelsea are definitely in a stronger position injury wise than Spurs but Spurs will still put out a strong team and it will be a tough game for Chelsea.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 129 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.