Home Community General Football Week 13: Proper Footy

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 129 total)
  • Author
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Anonymous

Pep the greatest of All time

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Oz Yob
        Participant

Onto the weekend & I’ve got a feeling Liverpool will drop points again. We have been far from convincing, esp in away games & if we don’t start finding some form soon we will be in a right battle just to stay top 4.
          This is a tough away fixture & I don’t think we will win the way we have been playin. 1-2 or 2-2 is my prediction.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          nine nine nine

Liverpool to sneak a 1-2 win for me Oz the big game is Spurs v Chelsea tough one for Chelsea but but I will be disappointed if we don’t come away with a point. Wins for both the Manchester Club’s imo, tricky game for Arsenal. Good to see the PL back.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Anonymous

United. Liverpool and Spurs have been extremely lucky so far this season.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Chucky McChuckface
              Participant

Us Spuds have been more than lucky this season, I think our total pts thus far aren’t really a true indicator of how ‘good’ we’ve been so far this season. Having said that, the last couple of games we’ve been showing signs of previous (about last February’s!) form and we should have a stronger squad to choice from than we’ve had for a month or so, with both Ali and Wee Viking back in contention. Hopefully Sanchez will be back too to help with the back four… tough one to call but I think I’d take a draw now if it was offered to me!

Both Pool & Goonies will need their “A” game for sure, potential banana skins there for both, but both Manc clubs should be good for 3 I reckon.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Anonymous

Ya, I’m not taking this Watford for granted at all. I’ve predicted 2-1 to us and we’ll have to play well to get it.

I think the time has come to drop Firmino. I don’t rate Origi at all so I’m sticking to my guns in wanting to see Solanke given a start. I don’t expect it but it’s what I would do.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Hightown hope

Big risk that, Mak

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    nine nine nine

Klopps problem for this game is getting his team selection right with the game v PSG on Wednesday in mind.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Anonymous

It might sound like it is Hightown but we’re taking a player who isn’t scoring, out. Firmino needs to know that his place in the team is only safe as long as he’s pushing himself to the very limit. it’s not just that though, the risk element is there but there is also the potential.

I’ll use a fairly fresh example. Gomez has built his entire reputation as a top quality CB this season. If he weren’t given the chance when Lovren were injured, we’d still be talking about who’s better Lovren or Matip. Gomez was given spells in the side before this (mostly out of position) and he never really impressed anyone, I mean, not to the effect he has since he’s been starting at CB for us a few games in a row.

I don’t want to over-state it but I am convinced that Solanke is the real deal. I think he needs an extended spell in the side but when can you afford to do such a thing? I think now is the time for at least one game anyway and after that, we can see.

I really doubt Klopp will start anyone but Firmino. TBH if he goes with someone else, you know it’ll be Sturridge but after his last few attempts I don’t think I want to see him start for us again. Give the kid a chance! He has impressed massively for the U23s. One might say that isn’t much but that’s all he can do until he gets chances at the top level.

Please Klopp! haha

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Hightown hope

I would prefer to see Solanke get some game time only when we are winning. By all means bring him on if we’re winning with 15 to go, but I just don’t fancy him from the start. I can’t argue with your Gomez analogy, but as I said on an earlier post the position of striker, particularly a No 9 who offers far less all round than Bobby, is absolutely crucial.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Anonymous

Ya, I mean I am not expecting most fans to agree with me on this one. I too would like to have seen him coming on here and there before casting him in but I feel that we’re in a “needs must” situation, almost. maybe that’s a bit further than I really want to go on it but I do think that even with the work he is doing, 2 goals from 12 is just not good enough. I’d say that his all round play isn’t as good as last season also though. He loses possession a lot more… Well, he certainly seems to.

He’s had a bit of criticism lately though, with the media discussing his poor form. Maybe that will be enough to shake him up a bit.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            nine nine nine

Two bits of positive news ahead of the Spurs game for Chelsea. Kante signs a new 5 year contract and Kovacic trained fully yesterday so it looks like Sarri will have a full squad to pick from. Tough game so every little plus helps.?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Anonymous

999 – and spurs still plagued with injuries. trippier, rose, sanchez, dembele, wanyama all still out and vertoghen only returned to first team training yesterday. hopefully eriksen is fit enough to start.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                nine nine nine

True enough Paxton and I made that point on the Chelsea site Chelsea are definitely in a stronger position injury wise than Spurs but Spurs will still put out a strong team and it will be a tough game for Chelsea.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Hightown hope

Hoping for a draw between Spurs and Chelsea and maybe Arsenal dropping points at Bournemouth, and we sneak a narrow win at Watford. That would just give us a bit of breathing space behind us. City will win comfortably as usual!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Hightown hope

2 big league games on the bounce for Spurs, and with their injuries they’ll do very well to not lose ground on those above them

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Chucky McChuckface
                                      Participant

Simply comes down to the fact we’re likely to have a CM pairing of Dier with Winks/Disco Sososossiikko (with Ali or We Viking Fella dropping back to help), and I don’t think they’ll be able to take the game by the scruff of the neck. Hopefully, the Van The Man/Toby partnership (please!) at CB should keep Morata quiet enough…

Can’t see it being a classic, not on that pitch, a scrappy 1-0 win is on the cards, but both teams have that little bit of quality up front to get the single goal…

Alonso vs Weridy Beardy could be an interesting match-up (at least for the neutral, us Spuds will be having kittens!).

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        sean the sailor
                                        Participant

Spurs are still doing really well with all the injuries. They have some fine backup players

Vertighon has not been missed and I rate him very highly.

I love Bobby and I think one reason people are wuestothe front 3 is because our quick on the break attacks are breaking down because of his tough and final ball. Loads of times we have been in great situations on the break but the final ball has let us down

Solanke would not stary for me. Bobby all day long as sturridge badly let him self down in Belgrade. Huge chance for him to stake a claim and he fracked it up

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          nine nine nine

Spurs going with Vertongen to start would be a risk given he’s been injured since the end of September but Poch might think it’s a risk worth taking especially as Morata can be leathal.?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 129 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.