Home Community General Football We Need To Talk About Micheal…

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant

Micky O. is coming across a bit of a prat in my opinion with all the details of his book being published on the interweb. Not sure if he’s said a good word about anybody so far, I’ve certainly not heard anything nice. He’s even had a pop at “Golden Balls” himself!!! The cheek of the fella!!

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Luckydestiny
      Participant

I’ll check it out

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
        steveosnakeeye
        Participant

he is just trying to sell books but is coming off a bit of a tool

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Mikus LFC
          Participant

Whilst Owen certainly isnโ€™t immune from criticism in all this, one does wonder again how much a lot of his big decisions were down to his agent? They really are Lady Macbeth type characters who claim to hold their clients โ€œbest interestsโ€ at heart when we know theyโ€™re ultimately looking for a big pay day by manipulating their players into a move. And then, after their careers, they look back, as Owen is now, with bitterness the way it all went.

We still see this today. Look at Neymar – again not saying he isnโ€™t personally immune to criticism, but the amount of people around him that must have been looking to make a buck out of him must be quite a few. Similar perhaps with Pogba too, maybe even Mbappe – all these players currently look unhappy at their clubs because it wouldnโ€™t surprise me if theyโ€™ve ultimately been manipulated into moving so others can make big bucks out of them. Weโ€™ve got to look at some serious agent regulation at some point.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Chucky McChuckface
            Participant

Couldn’t agree more Micky. Makes you wonder how much of the 300,000 a week certain players get actually goes to the players pocket, by the time they’ve paid taxes, agents, lawyers, accountants, social media managers, and the like.

Not that I have much sympathy for them, hard to cry for a multi-millionaire who kicks a sodding football about all day! ๐Ÿ™‚

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Luckydestiny
              Participant

I do find it weird that he talks about the “delusions” of newcastle fans when he himself was deluded in to thinking he was good enough to play for a better team at that time, no one else came in for him so he should be grateful to Newcastle really.

Shame how is career went he was phenomenal for a few years as a youngster.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Brian blue
                Participant

For me… he was a good player but a little overrated. A good point was made…few teams did not offer him a chance to join them
                  Do not like it when the mud slinging starts but again, as mentioned….helps books sales…but not with me. I never bought SAFs books when I heard about all the inaccuracies or it would have been an interesting read

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Chucky McChuckface
                  Participant

Never buy those sort of books full stop… just ego’s cashing in…

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Pagan
                    Participant

Chuckles, I really think you need to read a few of them, theyโ€™re a great insight into the hardships these players have to put up with, the difficult decisions they take in deciding which extortionate signing on fee to take, the Stress involved in choosing which one of their exotic sports cars they should go to work in, the constant pressure theyโ€™re under to be seen in all the right places, things us mere mortals would buckle under the strain with. I suggest you read a few and empathise with them….Pagan

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Hightown hope

Owen is a tool and has been for a long time. Good, if not great, finisher but relied alot on his speed which after being overplayed by Liverpool when arguably not fully fit he lost pretty quick. By 2003 he was pretty much past his best.

…and probably the worst pundit on TV.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Chucky McChuckface
                        Participant

Peggy… I remember reading (or trying to!) Gary Mabbutt’s books, as there was the whole diabetic thing, mixing footy with a serious illness, but about 80% of what I read was pretty damn boring… and this was a player I genuinely liked. Seems like a top bloke. But just about anybody else over the last 30 years? Couldn’t really give a rats arse… I know your post is somewhat tongue in cheek, but it’s exactly that, what amazing insight to life could a professional football give me? I work for a living…

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Nike19
                          Participant

Who is Michael O?

What’s with the “We Need To Talk About” style of Thread Openings?

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Pagan
                            Participant

Mr. Balance, We Need To Talk About Kevin, is a book and a film, so I presume it was just a play on that.

Chuckles, yep totally tongue in cheek, like you, I have absolutely no interest in reading a book about someone who thinks he is somehow entitled to be worshipped due to his ability to chase a bag of wind round a field…..Pagan

• This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by Pagan.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Chucky McChuckface
                              Participant

That Peggy is a smart bananana… right on both counts!!!

And Silly-Willy-Nilly needs to ask who Micheal O. is?? Call yourself a Liberoools fan??? ๐Ÿ™‚

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Luckydestiny
                                Participant

For my own mental health banjo I just assumed nil knew it was owen and was simply turning his nose up at a traitor by pretending not to know who he was.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Chucky McChuckface
                                  Participant

Never assume anything when Silly-Willy-Nilly is involved, Goosey Lucy thinks he’s Batman…

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Anonymous

Michael Owen saying Liverpool wanted rid of Gerrard 2 years earlier… WHAT A LOAD OF SHITE.
                                      It’s true that Gerrard’s last season wasn’t his best. he was past it then but still had fair ability. The season before that though he was still playing to a very high standard. A higher standard than Owen was at when he was 26.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Brian blue
                                      Participant

Something I am curious about, Emlyn H or Steven G who was the best. I ask this to Liverpool supporters who saw them more tan I did. From what I experienced seeing them live as against TV I thought Emlyn was a little better but I would not like to live on the difference between them. Thought they both did there job well

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Brian blue
                                        Participant

Chuky..I only buy such books when they are down to ยฃ1 in a charity shop, not bought many though

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          sean the sailor
                                          Participant

Brian, Gerrard never played in great tens like Hughes. Gerrard just carried us constantly. Immense player for us.

Our best ever player , well between him
                                            And Kenny mate

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.