Home Community General Football Virgil van Dijk

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

not only is Virgil van Dijk proving to be one of the classiest defenders around but he is also an absolute gentleman. following his equaliser for holland the other night he took time after the game to speak with and console the referee who had very recently lost his mother and was struggling to hold back his emotions. in a time where footballers are seen as a bunch of selfish mercenaries its nice to see that there are players like VVD who are able to show compassion. granted he is not the only player to do this sort of thing but it was a very lovely and moving gesture.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46273301

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Mikus LFC
      Participant

He’s our new captain in waiting. Funny how these players always come up with the goods in the big moments with him getting the equaliser. I doubt Klopp will formalise the changeover this season though I expect he’ll increasingly be given the armband in Henderson’s absence. Top player, class act.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        nine nine nine

Brilliant player, what an impact he’s had at Liverpool, top bloke and certainly a future Liverpool Captain sooner rather than later too imo.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Anonymous

Now if only Liverpool can do something about their terribly weak midfield.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Anonymous

Fantastic gesture. Nice to see the human side in football.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Editor
              Keymaster

A strong contender to Juan Mata’s unofficial title of the nicest man in football. Been a very good buy for Liverpool

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                maverick1973
                Participant

The best defender in the world right now,imho,and a top bloke.What a bargain now it seems for Liverpool.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Anonymous

i wouldnt put him as the best defender in the world but he is definitely proving his class. i still watch players like varane and chiellini and am in awe seeing how good they are. i still personally think toby is the best centre back in the league (possibly biased) but VVD isnt far behind.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    maverick1973
                    Participant

Another great gesture by fellow footballers!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Anonymous

Ya, there has been quite the “discussion” on the other site about Van Dijks ‘impending’ or ‘never gonna happen’ captaincy of the club, amongst other things.. Look lads, this is a bloody no-brainer right?

Do ye non-Liverpool supporters think it’ll be any longer than the start of next season before he’s given the arm-band? Will be good to hear the unbiased views.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Anonymous

mak – i look at the liverpool team and VVD is the only natural leader i see in there. personally i think he should’ve been given the armband this season, especially as henderson isn’t a guaranteed starter but i suppose he needed to prove himself over a period of longer than 5 months.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Anonymous

Ya, I was calling for him to be given the armband this season. I agree with you also regards there not being any natural leader in the team. It’s a big problem to bring this up to some Liverpool fans but we’ve had 3 finals now under Klopp and we’ve looked void of inspiration and leadership in them all. Having said that, Van Dijk was on the pitch for one of them and you could make a reasonable argument that him having the armband that night might have made no difference at all. Henderson having it has done nothing for us though. You would think that pretty much all Liverpool fans would be wanting a more suitable captain, with Henderson taking over from Gerrard.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.