Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 113 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

Just thinking in light of it’s sanction to be implemented.

I’ve been a football fan for a fair bit of a lifetime, but honestly against the Television Cameras that have been accessible for decades, why it has taken this long?

It still feels too in sketches rather than a Marker in which everybody can get behind with confidence.

I love Diego, but makes me wonder even back then whether something could have been in place to rule out his 1st.

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Anonymous

Pluses and minuses for me. Overall we just need consistency and that shouldn’t be beyond VAR but the experiment didn’t work imo. They went beyond the remit of clear and obvious mistakes and that set the whole thing back.

If the VAR ref gets over his ego it would be a massive advantage but the sad thing is that it is not guaranteed they can do that.

Would love to see it come in and work though.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Brian blue
        Participant

Would tend to agree with that Alfie, VAR is not and may not be perfect but it is better than nothing in my view. My concern is takeing too much away from the REF and many will take it as a soft option, the only answer to that is for Ref to have higher standards. I would not like to see the game de generate into players running around after the Ref trying to imitate a TV screen for every incident…because they will if they can get away with it. No approaches to the Ref should be made except for a Captain, the rest….keep away. I have no doubt VAR will improve as time goes on and we may have to accept some of the decisions

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Anonymous

Nil, I wrote this elsewhere regarding offsides, and looking at the spurs match today i’ll expand in it:

The offside frames really wind me up though as they are so inaccurate they should come with a warning. Anyone who watches cricket and sees the super slow mo in action when deciding if a catch was made will tell you that the frame rate required for football is much higher than what is actually used and therefore the football offside replays are not fit for purpose.

If you look at the penalty, given by VAR, they first analyse the offside. They draw a line roughly where the Chelsea rightback’s foot is – I say roughly as even on my HD tv you could be near his toe or near his heal – it really is that inaccurate. Because this line is nearer the goal than Kane’s foot is they say he is inside. This ignores the actual offside rule though – somewhat strange for VAR.

The offside rule is any part of the atta lees body which he can score with.

Kane is leaning forward so they should use the further most part of his body, excluding his arm or hand. Clearly his knee is nearer goal and his head is too, so is his shoulder and right torso. Why they don’t use that to determine offside is why this is bollocks.

It might as well be some kid with a crayon.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Nike19
            Participant

Thanks Alfie.

Fully get you mate. We’ve been calling for VT for years, but then I’d worry about the inaccuracies. Wonder too what that linesman was thinking and Michael Oliver. These guys have to co-operate and be accommodating to the possibility that their call may be overruled.

It’s this soon becomes a common occurrence, then they’ll no doubt be question marks.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by Nike19.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Nike19
              Participant

My thoughts would be to judge each footage from at least 5 different Cameras and tot up the consistencies.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Anonymous

I think the linesman now won’t call close offsides (if VAR is in use). They allow play to continue and then, if a goal is scored, let VAR sort it out.

Which I think is fair enough.

If they can use Hawkeye for goal technology then it shouldn’t be too difficult to use it for offsides as well. That should clear it up. But some bloke drawing a line in a semi random place on the pitch doesn’t cut it for me.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  nine nine nine

All good points Alfie and yesterday as per your example the upper part of Kane’s body looked offside from the VAR still frame to me and allegedly more so from Chelsea’s own still frame of the incident.

For the players the confusing thing is the action of the linesman who flags for offside which leads to players stopping.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    sean the sailor
                    Participant

Thought Kane was offside

No surprise to see him clatter into the keeper

A Kane special

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      sean the sailor
                      Participant

Lafs correct me if I’m wrong but in the wc I thought if linesman flagged the decision was final or was that just for pens?

Could be totally wrong here

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        Anonymous

The linesman didn’t raise his flag until Kane was through 1 on 1. The defenders stopped prematurely, that’s their issue being unprofessional.

People really love to hate Kane. Just because he continually proves everyone wrong. Even now people still have the audacity to question his ability despite him proving it 5 years in a row. To say Kane clattered in to the keeper just means you don’t deserve any respect as a poster.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          Chucky McChuckface
                          Participant

1) Yes, Kane clattered into the keeper, just as every single striker in the footballing universe would do in the exact same position. Part of the game now, suggest you all get used to it.
                            2) Play to the whistle, not the linesman’s flag. Doesn’t matter if it was off-side or not, that’s purely the defenders fault.
                            3) Don’t like VAR, never have, never will. Only going to make the ref’s job harder and give the pussies playing the game more to moan about during the game. Whatever version we end up with, I think it’s only going to stop/start the game and that’s annoying for us armchair warriors, I can’t imagine the frustration of peeps in the stadium.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            sean the sailor
                            Participant

Lol you see it works both ways Paxton lol

All you do on here is complain about people not posting about spurs, luveroool abd Chelsea fans

So I was just seeing if you would bite so stop being a hypocrite as you don’t deserve respect for the way you bang on especially about Chelsea fans when spurs have their own bad fans like every club

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              Chucky McChuckface
                              Participant

Come on Wasplicker, you’re better than that cyber chum!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                sean the sailor
                                Participant

Ha ha sorry mate I actually apologize but you two can dish the stick but can’t take it. So was just making a point lads

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  Chucky McChuckface
                                  Participant

🙂

I hate those sort of penalties, no effort from Kane (or anybody) to avoid the goalie and no chance of scoring as the ball was going out of play. A true definition of “winning” a penalty!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                    Anonymous

Sean – speaking of which, 3 Chelsea fans arrested for anti Semitic behaviour last night. Chelsea will be able to fill a private jet to Poland at this rate. And then all their racist fans can read their strongly worded letters from Bruce buck together and everyone will live happily ever after.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                      Anonymous

Chucky – or pure stupidity from the keeper coming flying out at his feet and getting nowhere near the ball. Amazing how the keeper hasn’t been criticised at all for his stupid decision.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                        Chucky McChuckface
                                        Participant

Can’t agree with that Paxo, me old cyber chum, think goalies should be allowed to go for the ball and if/when they realize they’re not going to get perfectly entitled to make themselves as small as possible without being deliberately clattered into by the attacker. Now we have a situation were the attacking player simply has to make sure the goalie doesn’t touch the ball and win themselves an easy penalty.

In my mind, penalties should simply be awarded for denying a goal scoring opportunity (and from anywhere on the pitch too, stop those cynical fouls from breakaways), not simply for a “foul” in the box. If the “foul” was in the box but not really denying a goal scoring opportunity, then it’s a direct freekick… this would put a stop to attackers turning into Bambi’s the minute they cross that white line!

Football is about scoring goals, not winning free-kicks…

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Chucky McChuckface
                                          Participant

I just noted with much amusement Sarri apparently walked into the press conference with his own video evidence about Sir Harry’s offside… and I bet he won’t be the last manager… I can see it in my crystal ball the first “appeal” backed up with video evidence concerning something that happened in a match 3 weeks ago… orders to replay the match… or perhaps all matches should be paused while the appeal is heard… and the appeal to the appeal… all players carrying microchips in their nipples connected to sensors in the ball to pinpoint to nearest millimeter who’s nipples were where when the ball was kicked… all pitches having cameras on tracks like the 100m finals… tuned in to the defenders nipples so tracks the last man like a fat kid tracks cake… lucky fans getting to control the star players with a playstation controller…

!!!GET RID OF VAR!!! IT’S GOING TO RUIN THE GAME !!!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 113 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.