2nd May 2019 at 3:09 pm #39610
How’s this for an idea? a kinda rolling thread where we post opinions that go against the general accepted opinions out there.
I’ll start this and say that I think van Dijk was excellent last night. It seems to be generally accepted that he was at fault for 1-2 goals. Barca’s first was just of the highest quality. i think the 2nd one was luck of the bounce. I haven’t gone back and rewatched the highlights, so I had my stress induced mind to go on only. I could be wrong but there were so many things that van Dijk did that were perfect, for me.2nd May 2019 at 3:17 pm #39615
I’m firmly against Spanish Teams and so-called Elite European Clubs in General for reasons, tired of the same PL Teams dominating a decade of our Football, and outside in the real world in spite of what is projected, there’s actually non-Liverpool fans that want Liverpool to win something.2nd May 2019 at 3:26 pm #39619
nine nine nineModerator581 pts2nd May 2019 at 3:26 pm #39620
I dunno Nil. That would mean that you’d be in favour of us going mid-table, to give Wolves a shot at the title. We are where we are on merit and I’d even argue that city are too, to a much larger degree than we’re willing to give them credit for. Barca are an old giant with rich history. I have no desire to have some mechanism in place like they do in America, so that “everyone gets a shot”. F*** that s***.2nd May 2019 at 3:53 pm #39626
Nil wasnt born in the 70s,lol2nd May 2019 at 4:10 pm #39633
🤣 So we need another thread for the unpopular thread 😼🍰☕2nd May 2019 at 5:01 pm #39636
So,who is more popular,Chucky or Banjo?2nd May 2019 at 5:44 pm #39638
Have I died on gone to heaven?? Where do I start???
1) Steven Gerrard, so overrated it’s unbelievable. Sure, one man team, great, scored some worldie’s, great, got the world to swallow the hype!! Won a couple of cups, including the 2nd most freaky CL final ever… am I the only one who remembers the six billion shots in Row Z? Give a monkey a 7 iron and unlimited golf balls, he’ll get a hole in one eventually. Don’t make him a golfer, does it????
2) Arsene Wenger, really? Sure, he stayed at the Goonies for ages, brilliant. Won some pots with GG’s defence, and then managed to hide behind the “got to pay for a stadium so Top4 is the requirement” excuse to cover up that fact once GG’s defence retired, the Goonies won nothing. The French Tank Division has a better defence than the Goonies. Oh, and he banned ketchup from the canteen…whooaoaaaooo.. groundbreaking!
3) Dele Ali…. answers on a postcard…. please?!?!?!?!?!?
4) “Friends” is the most overrated TV show ever…
5) Scrap FFP rules completely. The billionaires will soon get bored when they realize somebody else will always outbid them. 50% of the idea is to stop “small” clubs from joining the party, but the other 50% is they don’t want to waste more money on the likes of Sanchez contracts… scrap all rules and I do genuinely reckon clubs will naturally revert to a spend what you’ve got policy. Take PSG, they’re never going to win the CL, and even that moneybag owner will get bored pumping hundreds of millions to win a one club league.
6) The Beatles…. just don’t get it (or Oasis for that matter!)2nd May 2019 at 5:46 pm #396392nd May 2019 at 5:50 pm #39640
nine nine nineModerator581 pts
Mav, “Nil wasnt born in the 70s,lol” Yet Nil constantly reminds us of Liverpool’s 18 titles etc etc etc but he doesn’t like the same teams winning trophies all the time!😊2nd May 2019 at 6:15 pm #39647
28-7-Lost 1 😉2nd May 2019 at 6:20 pm #39649
Factually, Liverpool never won it throughout the entire decade. There was Arsenal and Everton mixed in.
It was the Man United league for 20 years from the 90s until with Chelsea and Man City. Arsenal to one side, only Leicester and Blackburn have been the outsiders.
You’d think though, any half-decent person wouldn’t care if their rival team won it just for once after a 29 year wait.2nd May 2019 at 6:21 pm #39650
Lol, Gerrard overrated; do me a favour 😛2nd May 2019 at 6:22 pm #39651
Friends was definitely overrated; a joke delivered every other minute with background laughter – never made me laugh and the annoying endless re-runs!2nd May 2019 at 6:25 pm #39652
You don’t have to agree with ’em, pal, and I didn’t start the thread… 🙂
He was decent player, don’t get me wrong, but THAT great? He ran around like a headless chicken taking 42 potshots a game…
Do me a favour… 🙂
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.