Home Community General Football Unpopular Opinions thread

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 220 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

How’s this for an idea? a kinda rolling thread where we post opinions that go against the general accepted opinions out there.

I’ll start this and say that I think van Dijk was excellent last night. It seems to be generally accepted that he was at fault for 1-2 goals. Barca’s first was just of the highest quality. i think the 2nd one was luck of the bounce. I haven’t gone back and rewatched the highlights, so I had my stress induced mind to go on only. I could be wrong but there were so many things that van Dijk did that were perfect, for me.

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Nike19
      Participant

I’m firmly against Spanish Teams and so-called Elite European Clubs in General for reasons, tired of the same PL Teams dominating a decade of our Football, and outside in the real world in spite of what is projected, there’s actually non-Liverpool fans that want Liverpool to win something.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        nine nine nine

You must be sick and tired of the 70’s and 80’s Liverpool teams that Liverpool’s history is built on then Nil. Either that or ………?!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Anonymous

I dunno Nil. That would mean that you’d be in favour of us going mid-table, to give Wolves a shot at the title. We are where we are on merit and I’d even argue that city are too, to a much larger degree than we’re willing to give them credit for. Barca are an old giant with rich history. I have no desire to have some mechanism in place like they do in America, so that “everyone gets a shot”. F*** that s***.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            maverick1973
            Participant

Nil wasnt born in the 70s,lol

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Nike19
              Participant

? So we need another thread for the unpopular thread ??☕

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                maverick1973
                Participant

So,who is more popular,Chucky or Banjo?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  Chucky McChuckface
                  Participant

Have I died on gone to heaven?? Where do I start???

1) Steven Gerrard, so overrated it’s unbelievable. Sure, one man team, great, scored some worldie’s, great, got the world to swallow the hype!! Won a couple of cups, including the 2nd most freaky CL final ever… am I the only one who remembers the six billion shots in Row Z? Give a monkey a 7 iron and unlimited golf balls, he’ll get a hole in one eventually. Don’t make him a golfer, does it????

2) Arsene Wenger, really? Sure, he stayed at the Goonies for ages, brilliant. Won some pots with GG’s defence, and then managed to hide behind the “got to pay for a stadium so Top4 is the requirement” excuse to cover up that fact once GG’s defence retired, the Goonies won nothing. The French Tank Division has a better defence than the Goonies. Oh, and he banned ketchup from the canteen…whooaoaaaooo.. groundbreaking!

3) Dele Ali…. answers on a postcard…. please?!?!?!?!?!?

4) “Friends” is the most overrated TV show ever…

5) Scrap FFP rules completely. The billionaires will soon get bored when they realize somebody else will always outbid them. 50% of the idea is to stop “small” clubs from joining the party, but the other 50% is they don’t want to waste more money on the likes of Sanchez contracts… scrap all rules and I do genuinely reckon clubs will naturally revert to a spend what you’ve got policy. Take PSG, they’re never going to win the CL, and even that moneybag owner will get bored pumping hundreds of millions to win a one club league.

6) The Beatles…. just don’t get it (or Oasis for that matter!)

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    Chucky McChuckface
                    Participant

Oh, and Silly-Willy-Nilly wasn’t born in the 70’s, he was born in 2001, 28th July to be precise!! Why do you think he kept writing 28-7-1 on all his posts? He wants us to remember his Birthday!! I’m on to you, NIL!!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      nine nine nine

Mav, “Nil wasnt born in the 70s,lol” Yet Nil constantly reminds us of Liverpool’s 18 titles etc etc etc but he doesn’t like the same teams winning trophies all the time!?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        Nike19
                        Participant

28-7-Lost 1 😉

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          Nike19
                          Participant

Factually, Liverpool never won it throughout the entire decade. There was Arsenal and Everton mixed in.

It was the Man United league for 20 years from the 90s until with Chelsea and Man City. Arsenal to one side, only Leicester and Blackburn have been the outsiders.

You’d think though, any half-decent person wouldn’t care if their rival team won it just for once after a 29 year wait.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            Nike19
                            Participant

Lol, Gerrard overrated; do me a favour 😛

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              Nike19
                              Participant

Friends was definitely overrated; a joke delivered every other minute with background laughter – never made me laugh and the annoying endless re-runs!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                Chucky McChuckface
                                Participant

You don’t have to agree with ’em, pal, and I didn’t start the thread… 🙂

He was decent player, don’t get me wrong, but THAT great? He ran around like a headless chicken taking 42 potshots a game…

Do me a favour… 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  Chucky McChuckface
                                  Participant

Now, Lost was also overrated, even if it did have Evengleineiaiainniineena Lilly in it…

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                    Nike19
                                    Participant

I think they call it a ripple effect, Chucks 🙂 Another unpopular thread to counter this.

Cool mate, was just fooling around; We agreed on something though re Friends.

I didn’t know you stuck it out in the UK that long.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                      nine nine nine

Chucky, that’s heresy re the Beatles mate.?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                        Chucky McChuckface
                                        Participant

Silly-Willy-Nilly, had a misses who loved it, was force-fed it until my eyes started bleeding…

27, there you go, don’t own a Beatles record (loved the car mind you!), never owned one, got over 12,000 songs on my iTunes, and not a single Beatle track at all… just don’t get it…

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Nike19
                                          Participant

Can’t speak for the Beatles; must be a thing in the 60s but having done some research, I probably would liked to have spent some time there if I had a Time Machine.

Oasis I pray that would reform everyday. I always liked them, never really paid any attention till Liam Sang a Solo a couple of years or so ago when Manchester held a tribute concert for all those lives tragically lost in the bombing.

I was delighted a couple of weeks ago to get hold of 2 brand new copies of Definitely Maybe and What’s The Story Morning Glory, Remastered on CD all for a Tenner 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 220 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.