Home Community Man City UEFA

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    bluejon
    Participant
    2 pts

So, Pep Guardiola receives a two-match ban for arguing with the ref and Liverpool FC receive a derisory, paltry and meaningless fine for their fans’ attack on the City team’s bus. While UEFA’s wholly inadequate response will be unsurprising to many, they have certainly set down a clear marker for others to follow – if you want to influence a game then don’t have your manager contest controversial refereeing decisions – have your fans attack and smash up the opposition team’s coach instead

#22628 Score: 0
    Big Jim
    Spectator
    183 pts

Not seen the details but think its one game ban one suspended. To be honest I didnt expect much else. UEFA sanctions have always been adhoc and random. Remember when City got a bigger fine for turning out a few seconds late after HT vs Sporting Lisbon than Porto got for blatant widespread crowd racism.

#22650 Score: 0
    gjblues
    Participant
    113 pts

Hi Jim, great to see you back.
    Bluejon, great point made (your last sentence). But as Jim mentioned, it’s what we’ve come to expect from the muppets at UEFA. They really need to grow a pair when making some decisions.
    I actually got ‘rinsed’ (only by a couple of the ‘Pool guys) for actually suggesting (somewhat ‘tongue in cheek’) that the first leg should have been replayed for the obvious effect it had on the City players performance.

#22652 Score: 0
    Brian blue
    Participant
    447 pts

UEFA are and always will be illogical. They are well paid self management cronies in charge of our game, The FA are no better and Fifa are worse, as a football fan the lot are so depressing bunch of scroungers

#22653 Score: 0
    sean the sailor
    Participant
    464 pts

Hi Jim great to see you back mate

Reakky don’t understand Uefa

Fines are a joke. We got away very lightly with this

#22731 Score: 0
    Big Jim
    Spectator
    183 pts

Thanks chaps for the welcome. I was out of order. It wont happen again.

#22856 Score: 0
    AdlabAdlab
    Participant
    297 pts

Just back from hols.
    Good to see you back Jim.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.