Home Community General Football TV and Movies…

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant

As we have a seemingly dedicated music thread, I’m gonna start one for TV & Movies…

Now, we all know the classics, but anybody got anything slightly outside the box worth mentioning?

That “DARK” in Netflix (I think it was Goosey!) certainly fits the bill… up to Season 2 and I’m still not sure what is going on… but in a good way. πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      sean the sailor
      Participant

Has anyone watched better called Saul? Is it any good?

Very rare I watch films these days. Did watch true romance a few weeks ago though. It was excellent.

Few good documentaries on Netflix. One about joe exotic at the minute who owns a load of tigers

Don’t fuck with cats is very good.

The pharmacist is mind blowing about prescription drugs.

Aaron Hernandez story is fascinating

Did people like the joker? I still haven’t watched it

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Brian blue
        Participant

I actually like watching old Black and white films, some make me laugh when I am not supposed to!!!! There are some good ones. I have a large library of CD and an Apple Library These are filled with a lot of action films, Westerns and crime thrillers. I don not go for box sets but receive them as presents, The last was Judge John Deed which I really like and the PACIFIC re WW2

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Brian blue
          Participant

PS…also have a big collection of musicals…..just for the music, which have brilliant orchestrations

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            maverick1973
            Participant

I really liked a documentary about Bill Gates,what a legend! Down to earth and on his hols he spends time reading,walking,and listening to music.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Hightown hope

I’ve just watched ‘Sunderland till I die’ available on Netflix. For anyone who needs their football fix, I can well recommend it. 10 episodes and it’s just a car crash and a perfect example of how not to run a football club. It’s brilliant…and I believe there is a 2nd series coming out in a week or two.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                maverick1973
                Participant

Kylie-Remember Charmed?Started watching it again,absolutely adore the 3 sexy sisters even though they are witches.Especially love Shannen Doherty,what a babe!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  sean the sailor
                  Participant

I saw it hightown . Good watch chum

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Hightown hope

It’s good, isn’t it, Sean? I ended up respecting Chris Coleman and a couple of the players, but it was the fans and the club staff I really felt for. But it really is worth dedicatinfg a few hours of your life to watch. Not just for Sunderland fans

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Hightown hope

Can I also put a shout in for Succession, an American TV series.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Editor
                        Keymaster

Sean, Better Call Saul is quite a poor series judged as a standalone TV series but I’ve quite enjoyed it as a continuation of the Breaking Bad world. Lots of subtle references to things from the main series and more and more character overlaps coming into it now. I’ll keep watching it but wouldn’t lose any sleep over missing it.

Keep meaning to watch Sunderland till I die.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          threeps
                          Participant

Just finished The Caliphate on Netflix, thought it was one of the best series I’ve seen recently. Its setting alternates between Stockholm and the Syrian city of Raqqa. It’s a very hard hitting and highly believable story of western muslims and ISIS, with some young girls wanting to join and a woman wanting to escape.

Probably not to everyone’s taste and avoid if you want a feel good series!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Brian blue
                            Participant

threes…I had intended watching it but with all the doom and gloom around us at the moment wanted something I actually enjoyed for the acting and put a smile on my face…Last tango in Halifax…I know it is another dysfunctional family but with quiet Northern humour. I cannot see where the story line could go after two series though unfortunately

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Shiney
                              Participant

Sean, great shout with “Don’t fxxx with cats ” & Hightown ” Sunderland till I die” both well worth watching.
                                ” Chernobyl” & “The Looming Tower” are musts to watch.
                                Thanks for the heads up on “The Pharmacist” and “The Caliphate” their my next to watch .

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                nine nine nine

Anyone with an interest in F1 Rush is on Netflix which covers the battle between Lauda and Hunt including the terrible accident to Lauda. Decent watch if you’re an F1 fan.

I recorded the Maradona film last week too.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Brian blue
                                  Participant

Rush is a really good film

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    steveosnakeeye
                                    Participant

ive gone old school as i never got to finish off GoT so im re aquainting myself with Dragon Tits to finally finish it off (yes i know the ending will nager me!!)

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Chucky McChuckface
                                      Participant

We all finished off to Dragontits…

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Chucky McChuckface
                                        Participant

Just finished Sunderland Til I Do, enjoyed that a lot, when does Season 2 come out?

Oh, and what a bell-end Rodwell is… sitting out your contract is one thing, after all the club gave it to him and I can see his point in a roundabout way, but sitting out the matches as well???

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Brian blue
                                          Participant

Rodwell story is truly strange. When City bought him, I think it was his first game when he passed the ball to a opponent who went on and scored. I thought what have we bought? In fairness, he did show glimpses of a really good player but he was not going to get anywhere in the City team of that time, who were no great shakes, but useful Sometimes things do not work out as intended

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 58 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.