Home Community General Football TV and Movies…

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    Chucky McChuckfaceChucky McChuckface
    Participant
    527 pts

As we have a seemingly dedicated music thread, I’m gonna start one for TV & Movies…

Now, we all know the classics, but anybody got anything slightly outside the box worth mentioning?

That “DARK” in Netflix (I think it was Goosey!) certainly fits the bill… up to Season 2 and I’m still not sure what is going on… but in a good way. 🙂

#91320 Score: 0
    sean the sailor
    Participant
    453 pts

Has anyone watched better called Saul? Is it any good?

Very rare I watch films these days. Did watch true romance a few weeks ago though. It was excellent.

Few good documentaries on Netflix. One about joe exotic at the minute who owns a load of tigers

Don’t fuck with cats is very good.

The pharmacist is mind blowing about prescription drugs.

Aaron Hernandez story is fascinating

Did people like the joker? I still haven’t watched it

#91379 Score: 0
    Brian blue
    Participant
    444 pts

I actually like watching old Black and white films, some make me laugh when I am not supposed to!!!! There are some good ones. I have a large library of CD and an Apple Library These are filled with a lot of action films, Westerns and crime thrillers. I don not go for box sets but receive them as presents, The last was Judge John Deed which I really like and the PACIFIC re WW2

#91380 Score: 0
    Brian blue
    Participant
    444 pts

PS…also have a big collection of musicals…..just for the music, which have brilliant orchestrations

#91381 Score: 0
    maverick1973maverick1973
    Participant
    615 pts

I really liked a documentary about Bill Gates,what a legend! Down to earth and on his hols he spends time reading,walking,and listening to music.

#91382 Score: 0
    Hightown hopeHightown hope
    Participant
    213 pts

I’ve just watched ‘Sunderland till I die’ available on Netflix. For anyone who needs their football fix, I can well recommend it. 10 episodes and it’s just a car crash and a perfect example of how not to run a football club. It’s brilliant…and I believe there is a 2nd series coming out in a week or two.

#91384 Score: 0
    maverick1973maverick1973
    Participant
    615 pts

Kylie-Remember Charmed?Started watching it again,absolutely adore the 3 sexy sisters even though they are witches.Especially love Shannen Doherty,what a babe!

#91385 Score: 0
    sean the sailor
    Participant
    453 pts

I saw it hightown . Good watch chum

#91387 Score: 1
    Participant
    213 pts

It’s good, isn’t it, Sean? I ended up respecting Chris Coleman and a couple of the players, but it was the fans and the club staff I really felt for. But it really is worth dedicatinfg a few hours of your life to watch. Not just for Sunderland fans

#91388 Score: 0
    Participant
    213 pts

Can I also put a shout in for Succession, an American TV series.

#91796 Score: 1
    Editor
    Keymaster
    481 pts

Sean, Better Call Saul is quite a poor series judged as a standalone TV series but I’ve quite enjoyed it as a continuation of the Breaking Bad world. Lots of subtle references to things from the main series and more and more character overlaps coming into it now. I’ll keep watching it but wouldn’t lose any sleep over missing it.

Keep meaning to watch Sunderland till I die.

#91876 Score: 0
    threepsthreeps
    Participant
    176 pts

Just finished The Caliphate on Netflix, thought it was one of the best series I’ve seen recently. Its setting alternates between Stockholm and the Syrian city of Raqqa. It’s a very hard hitting and highly believable story of western muslims and ISIS, with some young girls wanting to join and a woman wanting to escape.

Probably not to everyone’s taste and avoid if you want a feel good series!

#91962 Score: 0
    Brian blue
    Participant
    444 pts

threes…I had intended watching it but with all the doom and gloom around us at the moment wanted something I actually enjoyed for the acting and put a smile on my face…Last tango in Halifax…I know it is another dysfunctional family but with quiet Northern humour. I cannot see where the story line could go after two series though unfortunately

#92067 Score: 0
    We’reTheParkLane
    Participant
    45 pts

Sean, great shout with “Don’t fxxx with cats ” & Hightown ” Sunderland till I die” both well worth watching.
    ” Chernobyl” & “The Looming Tower” are musts to watch.
    Thanks for the heads up on “The Pharmacist” and “The Caliphate” their my next to watch .

#92068 Score: 0
    nine nine nine
    940 pts

Anyone with an interest in F1 Rush is on Netflix which covers the battle between Lauda and Hunt including the terrible accident to Lauda. Decent watch if you’re an F1 fan.

I recorded the Maradona film last week too.

#92074 Score: 0
    Brian blue
    Participant
    444 pts

Rush is a really good film

#92088 Score: 0
    steveosnakeeyesteveosnakeeye
    Participant
    262 pts

ive gone old school as i never got to finish off GoT so im re aquainting myself with Dragon Tits to finally finish it off (yes i know the ending will nager me!!)

#92093 Score: 0
    Participant
    527 pts

We all finished off to Dragontits…

#92094 Score: 0
    Participant
    527 pts

Just finished Sunderland Til I Do, enjoyed that a lot, when does Season 2 come out?

Oh, and what a bell-end Rodwell is… sitting out your contract is one thing, after all the club gave it to him and I can see his point in a roundabout way, but sitting out the matches as well???

#92099 Score: 0
    Brian blue
    Participant
    444 pts

Rodwell story is truly strange. When City bought him, I think it was his first game when he passed the ball to a opponent who went on and scored. I thought what have we bought? In fairness, he did show glimpses of a really good player but he was not going to get anywhere in the City team of that time, who were no great shakes, but useful Sometimes things do not work out as intended

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 58 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.