Home Community General Football Top 3 Teams of All Time: New Entry #3 Manchester City

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant

After the spanking giving to my Spuds yesterday, combined with the relative uselessness of the previous occupant of the #3 position, after much deliberation and consideration, I feel as though I have no choice but to replace the Goonies with ManCity in my Top 3 Teams I Like To Not Love…

The City-boys have had a good run, and it would be fair to say it’s mainly been the simple fact that YooUtd (current #1) must be sulking like Nil on a Friday about the rise to dominance of the noisy neighbors they’ve stayed out the Top3, but the 16 game win streak is now starting to get annoying….

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Big Jim
      Participant

Haha.

Nearly as annoying as Deli Alli’s twin brother playing for spurs this season and Poch not realising !

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Chucky McChuckface
        Participant

That’s a job for Moulder and Scully, figuring out where last season’s Dele has disappeared too… and I reckon last seasons Dembele was driving, wherever they went…

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Nike19
          Participant

Chucky, love you mate and I’ll make it my aim to try and get you on 100 karmas before Christmas haha 😀 🙂

You don’t have any Bus Parkers on you list mate lol 😉 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Chucky McChuckface
            Participant

Nil, me cyber chum, “bus-parking” is a perfectly legitimate tactic in the world of football. Not every team can go out and spend half a billion quid on players so the more unfortunate with the smaller cash-flows have to think of other ways of playing the check-book teams as going toe-to-toe isn’t going to work.

Anyway, it’s not “style” that earns a team a place on the prestigious “Banjo’s Chucky’s Teams He Likes Not To Love List”….

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              cm
              Participant

This city side are spectacular to watch, no other side with the exception of Liverpool in the 2nd half of the 14 season have come close imo. But I have reservations about them being a all time great team. With the exception of KDB and possibly Silva and Aguero, how many of these City players would get in to the great United team of 99/08, the Arsenal side of 98,02/04 and the Chelsea team of 04-06.

If I had a choice of picking players from the sides above and the players from this current City team, I would choose the following-

Schmeichel

G Neville Terry Vidic Cole

Vieira Scholes

Ronaldo Giggs/Pires

Henry Bergkamp/Rooney

All Pep is exposing how poor quality the PL is compared to previous seasons, with the exception of United, most of the other top 6 sides are worse off compared to last season. A brilliant team to watch, but a long way to go compared to other great sides IMO.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by cm.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Chucky McChuckface
                Participant

Did you even read the thread? 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  cm
                  Participant

Hahaha nope

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    maverick1973
                    Participant

Goonies going-up to 2nd???

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.