Home Community General Football Tommy Lawrence RIP

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Big Jim
    Participant

Surely this brought a smile to everyone a couple of years back. Nice moment.

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Brian blue
      Participant

I watched this a couple of days ago and thought it was like yesterday when I watched him in goal against City. A good keeper, probably better than they have now part of a strongLiverpoolteam of that era

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        nine nine nine

If only Tommy was in goal for Liverpool now. Rest in peace big man.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Hightown hope

And he was a big man! I saw that clip a few days ago, and it struck me just how chuffed and proud he was to have played for Liverpool. He wasn’t upset that he hadn’t been recognised, he just loved talking about that game, even thouggh Liverpool were beaten that day!

I never saw him play, as my first game was just a few games after Ray Clemence had taken over, though I had to check! But a true Liverpool and Shankly legend, and certainly better than whoever will be appearing between the sticks tomorrow!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Big Jim
            Participant

Spot on Hightown and great to hear your views Brian. He just appeared pleased to talk about the game. Definitely a modest man from a different era than today’s prima donnas. No doubt all teams were filled with players like that. Down to earth, someone that the everyday working bloke could and did relate to. He reminded me very much of my Dad, he was never famous but he was was a hero to me in so many ways. Tommy Lawrence’s interview just made me smile.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              whoisbeni
              Participant

Loved that when I saw it on TV, a lovely man. His pride in playing for the club shone through – wish I could see more of it these days.

The Flying Pig was his nickname as he threw himself all over the place and was a bit of a chubby chap in his playing days.

Come on you reds!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.