Home Community General Football The Real Job?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    nine nine nine

SkyBet latest odds.

Maurcio Pochettino
      6/4
      Santiago Solari
      2/1
      Antonio Conte
      5/1
      Roberto Martinez
      5/1
      Arsene Wenger
      7/1
      Guti
      28/1
      Jose Mourinho
      28/1
      Albert Celades
      33/1
      Fernando Hierro
      33/1
      Joachim Low
      33/1
      Laurent Blanc
      33/1
      Rafa Benitez
      33/1
      Carlo Ancelotti
      40/1
      Didier Deschamps
      40/1
      Jurgen Klopp
      40/1

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Chelsea.man
      Participant

I can’t see them getting Pochettino and Klopp. Both Mourinho and Conte are similar coaches both in tactics and character. Which begs the question why would they go for Mourinho in which case United will demand compensation. And Conte is free to join them. Joachim Low is a big risk based on his performances in Germany recently. Can’t see them going for Benitez on current form. And they had Carlo Ancelotti before and he seems to be happy at Napoli as he is trying to rebuild his reputation. The only viable option for me is Didier Deschamps or Laurent Blanc. And
        Laurent Blanc in particular as he has done it with PSG. I’m glad Nine That Sarri isn’t included in to that list?.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Mikus LFC
        Participant

You need someone in that dressing room who is hugely respected – that’s a big reason why Zidane had the success he did. He had the dressing room with him, understood the club having played there, galvanized the spirit and was quite astute tactically. So I’d personally look at someone who ticks those boxes if they’re looking at something a bit more sustainable, e.g. a former player. Or else throw in someone like Conte, who may be successful early on, but will probably end up ruffling too many feathers in the dressing room and will inevitably be chucked out. I don’t suppose Madrid care whichever they go.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          nine nine nine

Chelseaman, the long odds options are the most unlikely ones imo.

I think Conte was Perez choice but the Real players reacted to Conte negatively and I’m not sure he would suit Real anyway.

I think Real would like Pochettino but given he’s just signed a new 5 year contract at Spurs it will cost them circa Β£30m plus to get him and Levy is a notoriously difficult person to negotiate with having said that Poch’s comments over the last couple of days were weird.

I think the most likely outcome if they can’t make the appointment they want now is that Santiago Solari will take it until the end of the season and Real will evaluate it all then if Solari goes on a good run you wouldn’t rule him out long term and he knows Real.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Anonymous

If poch were to go I wouldn’t blame him at all. He hasn’t been backed in the slightest, the management of the club is poor. He will never win trophies with spurs. There is not one positive of managing spurs over Madrid. Maybe there’s less pressure to win at spurs but that’s because we never win anything. If poch goes its 100% down to levy.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Editor
              Keymaster

If Martinez gets the Real job as well as having managed that great Belgium team, he must be laughing all the way to the bank. What on earth has he done to deserve getting those jobs? Would be a bizarre appointment

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Chelsea.man
                Participant

Ed, i can’t see Real Madrid getting that stupid and appointing Martinez. Remember Lopetegui was the manager if the wonderful Spanish team. But when he went to Real Madrid we have seen the true version of him.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  nine nine nine

I see Conte’s ruled himself out for the Real job saying the roles not right for him, he’s probably right definitely not right for Martinez either that appointment should if happen would be a major mistake imo.

I don’t think Real will get Pochettino Levy will play hard ball and it would cost them circa
                    Β£30 m too. Be a massive step up for Pochettino imo and I’m not sure he’s ready for it yet or has the gravitas to manage a dressing room like Real’s who have won everything.

Very difficult situation for Real now and I can see them going with Solari until the end of the season or appointing someone like Blanc. All very interesting though and the internet doesn’t he with the appointment.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    maverick1973
                    Participant

Please take Jose Mourinho- NOW!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      nine nine nine

Mav, amazingly that’s not out of the question but I doubt until the Summer should it happen.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        maverick1973
                        Participant

27-Jose is couple of games away from the sack,surely?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Mikus LFC
                          Participant

A few of the favourites are ruling themselves out. Might be worth a punt on some of the names further down the list. Guti certainly worth a punt at 28/1.

*Edit – indeed Guti’s odds already halved to 14/1. Still worth a punt.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by Mikus LFC.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            nine nine nine

Mav, don’t think so mate if he was go to be going it would have happened in the last international break. Still think he will go the season at least now without things really go belly up.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.