Home Community General Football The Quadruple – Can it be done?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Pagan
    Participant

Weโ€™re now in the business end of the season and the trophies are polished and waiting to be won.

Ones done and dusted but the other three are up for grabs, The Champions League could be tricky with neutral grounds being used, the FA Cup, well we all know how that throws up upsets, and with one big game in the league that will probably be the decider, itโ€™s a big few weeks for the Chelsea Ladies…..Pagan

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Brian blue
      Participant

I suppose it could be said that “anything is possible”. In my view, it will not happen this season or maybe in future seasons for any team. The whole structure of fixtures, domestic and International are too demanding for players, some will cling on to they want a CL medal, others there domestic titles or Cups but realistically to get them all in one season would be some feat for whatever team. City have a good team, strong squad and playing well but still a big ask and I think they will fall just short, however, we have won nothing yet and I respect the teams we have to play because they want to win it as well. For me, I would be more than happy with EPL and FA Cup. Jose can have Caraboo Cup but I think Pep would tell me off for saying that!!!!

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
        gjblues
        Participant

I assume Pagan your question is can City do the Q?
          In a word, “no”. There are far too many circumstantial factors that can upset any quest for a Q; injuries, marginal refereeing decisions (even with VAR), loss of form, COVID outbreak in a squad, etc, etc, etc.
          I think the question is somewhat premature, as we haven’t won anything yet. If, at the end of April and we had secured the PL, won the LC, reached the FAC Final and semi final of the CL, then that is the time we can seriously think it maybe on. Hell of a lot of water to flow under the proverbial bridge before then.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Mikus LFC
          Participant

I think Pep overthinks CL games. If he stops that, then yes. Though Jose will do everything he can in the LC to bring Spurs a trophy whilst heโ€™s there.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Nike19
            Participant

Pep is taking this all in his stride. His team are playing very very well at the moment. I know there are high expectations set, but just winning one trophy each season is an achievement in itself.

It most definitely isn’t a failure if he doesn’t so I hope neither they are too hard on themselves and the media doesn’t start a negative narrative toward them.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
              nine nine nine

Pagan will be enjoying this the clue was in the last line guys. ๐Ÿ˜Š

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Pagan
                Participant

A father and son are in a horrible car crash that kills the dad. The son is rushed to the hospital; just as heโ€™s about to go under the knife, the surgeon says, โ€œI canโ€™t operateโ€”that boy is my son!โ€ Explain.

……..Pagan

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  nine nine nine

If this thread really was about City and not the Chelsea Ladies team I think the Quadruple is still a very big ask no matter how well City are currently playing.

Also from an English football pov I wouldn’t want to see one team totally sweep the board I don’t think it reflects well on the rest of the PL but if any team could do it City could.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    nine nine nine

Pagan, the surgeon is his Mother.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Pagan
                      Participant

9, nearly 80% of people when asked canโ€™t answer it, itโ€™s called gender Schemas, itโ€™s a unconscious gender bias, a bit like assuming Man City men are the only ones going for a quadruple…..Pagan

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Nike19
                        Participant

Slow on the uptake with it being a Monday lol ๐Ÿ˜€ I rushed straight in once I saw the headline and alluding to a certain team in Sky Blue ๐Ÿ™‚

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Anonymous

It’s now or never, my Dad loved Elvis but Cliff more

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Pagan
                            Participant

Man of La Mancha…..Pagan

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              nine nine nine

The details have been confirmed for Chelsea FC Womenโ€™s semi-final CL tie
                                against FC Bayern Munich.t
                                The Blues will travel to FC Bayern Campus, Munich to play Bayern Munich on Sunday 25 April at 4pm UK time (5pm CET).

Emma Hayes’s side will then return back to Kingsmeadow a week later for our second leg tie on Sunday 2 May. The match will kick-off at 12:30pm UK time (1:30pm CET).

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Brian blue
                                Participant

Good luck to the Chelsea ladies.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Nike19
                                  Participant

This Event should allow Supporters back into the Grounds.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    steveosnakeeye
                                    Participant

Of course it can be done
                                      Itโ€™s already been done by the Arsenal ladies

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Pagan
                                      Participant

Snakes, yes I was aware that Arsenal Ladies had done it, but as 9 mentioned this post was for my amusement to see whoโ€™d jump on the menโ€™s bandwagon.

Going back to the Arsenal Quadruple, it was easier for them to win domestic titles then compared to now as the Womenโ€™s game in this country was no where near as competitive then, however we were at the time miles behind Europe and for Arsenal Ladies to win the European competition was an absolutely fantastic achievement for them and helped to kickstart the growth of the ladies game in this country…..Pagan

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.