Home Community Non-Football The Masters 2019

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    nine nine nine

What a week of Sport with the Masters starting on Thursday.

Love the Masters and I will watch as much as I can.

Can Rory or Justin or even Tommy pull off a win?

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Mikus LFC
      Participant

Agree Nine, it’s great TV to unwind to when coming in from work. Rory been getting close in recent years, he’s due one at some point.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        nine nine nine

Keeping my fingers crossed Mikus for Rory to complete the Grand Slam. An unfulfilled ambition of mine to go to Augusta for a Master’s such a wonderful course.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Brian blue
          Participant

Wonderful event and location to start the season, Pick any out of 40 or so. I will be trying to stay awake and watch as much as possible. My golfing days ended about 10 yrs ago, I do miss playing competitions, I was never any good but lets say enthusiastic

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            nine nine nine

“I was never any good but lets say enthusiastic ”

About my level then Brian.?

But I’ve been lucky enough to play some wonderful Courses and hit the occasional good shot which kept me interested until my back finally gave way. Cheers 999

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Brian blue
              Participant

Nine…I did my back twice, slipped disc, the Doctor said “no more golf” 2 months later I asked my Club Pro if he could help, I was not ready to give up yet, He asked me about the pain and where it affected me most, then said, why do you not try playing right handed, I was a left handed golfer of course,. He took me out for a few holes and I was surprised I could actually hit the ball, I graduaated to a half set of right and a half set of left clubs for a time before switching completely to right
                My driving became better right handed but I never could get the short game to same standard and relied on my putter to get me out of trouble. I also worked for the Company that owned McGregor golf, I was not interested in golf at the time, and they had Nicklause, Miller, Weiskopp and others on the staff at the time, eventually they sold the Company to Nicklaus… I do have some good experiences and memory’s of the time though, particularly trying to get American golfers to understand cricket

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                nine nine nine

Brian, yes me too did it playing squash and had the disc removed though my back has always been a problem since then.

Amazing you went from being a left handed golfer to a right handed one that was some achievement. I remember MacGregor well and all those players and MacGregor are still going strong.

What was you biggest challenge the Golf or explaining Cricket to the Americans??

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Brian blue
                  Participant

Well, I guess it was trying to explain cricket, I could not get past the laughing at Silly point, Long leg etc, etc They did wince when I explained about a ball fizzing off a wicket at an angle and going at speed
                    I still have my old Tourney irons at the back of the garage, somewhere!!!!! I only had a few putters, usually stayed with one, Ping, and my back up was a Bob Toski which came with the Tourney set.. I also have < Boxed< never used a QE2 Putter made from one of its propellors, plus a full set of irons, boxed, never used

Would have loved to have played Augusta, may have taken me a week though!!!!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Brian blue
                    Participant

PS going from left to right was not as hard as I thought, as they say, its all in the mind!!!

I played table tennis Left/right, also I could manage tennis. Cricket I could bat left or right my right hand bowling not so good Football, a left footer

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      nine nine nine

Brian, I was never a great golfer but I enjoyed it. Used to take one our VIP customers every year in September to play the Open Course of that year ridiculous really because the Courses were still pretty much as they were for the Open with ridiculous rough.

One year we played Muirfield wonderful Course we had Caddies which was also ridiculous really but they were all great Golfers and knew the Course but of course the very good advice they offered was predominantly too much for us.

However as you will know just as Golf humbles occasionally it provides you with a momentous moment and so it was for me after a pretty dreadful round I managed to par the 18th at Muirfield and I was walking on air.

Molinari is showing them all the way home currently still all to play for though with so many up there with few shots between them all.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Mikus LFC
                        Participant

Looks like Molinari has had a bit of a mare whilst the footy was on. Shame.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          nine nine nine

From where Tiger was with his back to winning the Masters again what a comeback!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Mikus LFC
                            Participant

Woods unsurprisingly gets all the headlines the real story of the tournament was more that Molinari floundered as opposed to Woods being particularly great.

• This reply was modified 5 years ago by Mikus LFC.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              nine nine nine

Mikus, look where Tiger has come from with his injuries mate. To overcome them would have been an achievement to come back and win the Masters is remarkable imo albeit that Molanari floundered.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Chucky McChuckface
                                Participant

Last time Tiger Woods won a major? 2008.

Last time Spurs won a trophy? 2008.

Last time Watforjd made the FA Cup Final? 1984.

Last time Tottenham won a European Cup? 1984.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Mikus LFC
                                  Participant

Nine, it was a great achievement by Woods psychologically speaking in terms of where he’s been at. I just think sometimes the real story of the actual tournament itself gets lost in the headlines as though Woods tore up the course to win by 12 shots like he did in 1997.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    nine nine nine

He’s 43 now mate and probably won’t hit those heights again but he still took on a magnificent field and won it and few would have given him a chance of doing that a couple of years ago.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.