Home Community General Football The Internationals.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 147 total)
  • Author
    nine nine nine

Mount to get first England start? Well deserved based on his early season performances imo.

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Chelsea.man
      Participant

I would interested to see England play this term. i normally don’t look forward to their games as they had no Chelsea players. but this time it’s different. there are a contingent of Chelsea players. with Mount on as the pride. i would also like to see Abraham get some minutes to boost his confidence as well Tomori to get.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Anonymous

I love Mount but to be honest he seems to start a game on fire and then gradually fade despite maybe nabbing a goal. That’s coaching to sort out. You have to play with same involvement and intensity throughout the game or be replaced.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Chelsea.man
          Participant

What you need to realise is that Mount is only 20 years old kid who have never experienced the tough physical demands of the premier league. and the fact that he has taken from Hazard as our top dog, opposing teams target him with rough treatment. so until he plays 1-2 seasons at this level consistently, he cannot he expected come out of the block every time. he needs time, he has a big responsibility in his shoulders at that young age. and Frank is the right coach to develop him.

Personally, i’m delighted with his progress so far. the only one i’m worried now is Ross Barkley. he seems to be going backwrds. Frank/Southgate needs to have a word with.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            nine nine nine

Taking over from Hazard is a massive ask only because Hazard is virtually irreplacable.

At the weekend we saw where Mount’s position medium to long term is likely to be and imo its probably not going to be as a regular wide player but never say never. There’s no better teacher though than Frank if it’s to be a goal scoring midfield player.

Mount has come through very quickly and at his age as Chelseaman said we shouldn’t expect too much from him too soon. But he’s got a great attitude to go with his undoubted abilities.

Good luck to Mason if he starts tonight allegedly Tomori may start too and best of luck to him too if that’s the case.

Let’s hope for an England win no matter who plays.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Chelsea.man
              Participant

Nine

Yes, you could say it’s difficult to replace Hazard. but if you are Steve Bruce and your next fixture is at Chelsea, which player would your like to take out of the game? it’s clear that is Mount at this very minute. and the longer this stays the same, the more rough treatment he may receive from the opposing defence. i have not said he has replaced Hazard completely, but he has taken over from the most targeted Chelsea player by the opposing defence. even coaches speak about him in the pre match press conference before they play Chelsea.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Chucky McChuckface
                Participant

The only good thing I can say about the international break is that I don’t have to suffer watching Spuds play… 🙁

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  nine nine nine

Chelseaman, I’m conscious we might be drifting a tad away from the thread but maybe the benefit of Chelsea today is that there is no single one outstanding player like Hazard.

If I was Steve Bruce there are several Chelsea players I would be worried about maybe more than just one.

Back on thread latest news suggest just Mount from Chelsea will start.

Apart from an England victory what we all have to hope for no matter who we support is that all of our players return uninjured from the internationals.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    nine nine nine

Good to see you back Chucky. Missed your humour.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      Chelsea.man
                      Participant

Well, expect Spurs to come out of the block after the International break.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        Nike19
                        Participant

This is an important qualifier for us, and looking forward to it on paper, but knowing what we’re like, we’ll start the game off dullish and I’ll be bored within the first 5 minutes lol.

Maybe, I’ll dip in and out of it, but has to be better than EastEnders! 😛

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          Anonymous

999… We’ve simply not missed Hazard in any way shape or form and have improved collectively and individually going forward rather than relying on a talent he switched on and off when it suited him. He was also on record saying he only played for himself. Id argue Hazard was holding the club back given the evidence. Liverpool got rid of Coutinho and improved the squad and won the Champions League etc, long way to go but they’re top of the ladder and look menacing enough to probably stay there over the season.. That in itself shows Liverpool made the correct decision and CFC is also currently vindicating its decision to let him go try be a fat galactico.
                            Fatty boom boom
                            Great players the pair of them, but the clubs haven’t looked back since they’ve left.

Stamford bridge is no longer the Garden of Eden, its better with less weeds in it spoiling the emerging bloom. (what an unbelievably horrid analogy, so bad, im banning myself from this board until Monday and giving myself 100 lines and an hours detention.)

Fookin hate internationals, best of luck three lions… blah blah blah… Southgates next club is United. 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            Chucky McChuckface
                            Participant

Never went away Puppy, just had nothing nice to say (unlike others!!! 🙂 )

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              Anonymous

We’ve simply not missed Hazard in any way shape or form and have improved collectively and individually going forward rather than relying on a talent he switched on and off when it suited him. He was also on record saying he only played for himself. Id argue Hazard was holding the club back given the evidence. Liverpool got rid of Coutinho and improved the squad and won the Champions League etc, long way to go but they’re top of the ladder and look menacing enough to probably stay there over the season.. That in itself shows Liverpool made the correct decision and CFC is also currently vindicating its decision to let him go try be a fat galactico.
                                Fatty boom boom
                                Great players the pair of them, but the clubs haven’t looked back since they’ve left.

Stamford bridge is no longer the Garden of Eden, its better with less weeds in it spoiling the emerging bloom. (what an unbelievably horrid analogy, so bad, im banning myself from this board until Monday and giving myself 100 lines and an hours detention.)

Fookin hate internationals, best of luck three lions… blah blah blah… Southgates next club is United. 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                Anonymous

999… We’ve simply not missed Hazard in any way shape or form and have improved collectively and individually going forward rather than relying on a talent he switched on and off when it suited him. He was also on record saying he only played for himself. Id argue Hazard was holding the club back given the evidence. Liverpool got rid of Coutinho and improved the squad and won the Champions League etc, long way to go but they’re top of the ladder and look menacing enough to probably stay there over the season.. That in itself shows Liverpool made the correct decision and CFC is also currently vindicating its decision to let him go try be a fat galactico.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  sean the sailor
                                  Participant

?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                    nine nine nine

Chucky of course. ?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                      Brian blue
                                      Participant

Nil listening to the weather forecast has to be better than watching Eastenders…..how much have they spent on the new set??? What a waste for something that is filmed in a bedroom or pub!!!!!!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                        Nike19
                                        Participant

Brian, haha that is true and you are right Sir 🙂

Many years ago being a Coronation Street fan, I had the pleasure of visiting Granada Studios (the Original Set). The ‘make belief’ set all on one floor and such an eye-opener. The Rovers Return Pub was surprisingly small compared to the projection on TV.

I’m hoping ITV have scheduled tonight’s Emmerdale just before the game 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Nike19
                                          Participant

Penalty! 😀

Sterly 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 147 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.