Home Community General Football The Internationals . Again!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 133 total)
  • Author
    nine nine nine

Everyone will have their fingers crossed that their players return from the latest international break without injury

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Brian blue
      Participant

Nothing should interrupt an EPL season in my opinion, unless it is a winter break. I just do not like Internationals anymore, too many , too frequent.
        I do not “buy” players want to put on there countries shirt as well, just another payday and possible trinket and collecting “appearances” another useless statistic. OK. I am on grumpy Monday pills to day!!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        nine nine nine

No World Cup Finals without these games Brian.😊

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Pagan
          Participant

Or FA cup for that matter………Pagan

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Chucky McChuckface
            Participant

I’m with Double B on this one, juices get flowing and then they stop again… get it over with, or at least make the qualifiers meaningful…

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              nine nine nine

You can’t do anything about World Cup and Euro qualifiers although we could take some of the cannon fodder like Andorra out of the equation in those qualifiers and we could reduce the number of dates for friendlies and get rid of the European Nation’s Cup. Not holding my breath though.😊

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                steveosnakeeye
                Participant

I hate internationals
                  Way to many way to often tho with Liverpool up next maybe not so bad πŸ€”πŸ€£

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Chucky McChuckface
                  Participant

The problem, as I see it, is there are simply too many dead rubbers in qualifying, too many “lop-sided” match ups. Sure, they might through up the occasional upset here and there, and once in a blue moon a team expected to qualify from their group might not.

As much as we all groaned when they “League of Nations” thing was started, but I do think to even have a chance of retianing some level of public interest, they quailifying should be based around that sort of system… teams of similair levels playing each other etc….

Engerland vs Luxemburg doesn’t do anything for anybody. Engerland aren’t going to learn anything new about theirs players, and Luxemburg aren’t really going to do anything other than set up with 10 men behind the ball and a hope of maybe sneaking a 1-0 win once every hundreds games, which will do nothing for their “development” and only highlight the gulf between the mismatch (and a nice day out at Wembly, which is great for the scrap book!)

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Nike19
                    Participant

Yeah, I’m counting down the next 10 days…………………………………………

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Anonymous

Ich wΓΌrde gerne sehen, dass alle Top 10 gesetzten Nationen automatisch durchkommen, es ist keine richtige Weltmeisterschaft ohne die Top 10 oder sogar die Top 20.?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        nine nine nine

Moos, post in English or don’t post at all.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Anonymous

So sorry forgot to translate from my German football forum

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Anonymous

I would like to see all the top 10 seeded nations to go through automatically, it’s not a proper world cup without the top 10 or even the top 20.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Pagan
                              Participant

The kind of post you’d expect from a glory hunter………Pagan

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Chucky McChuckface
                                Participant

I vote don’t post at all… πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  steveosnakeeye
                                  Participant

Attention seeking nobody
                                    Way to many feed the troll snd said troll tries way to hard and comes up short each and every time
                                    Still gives me something to laugh at … not with … at 😁

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Chucky McChuckface
                                    Participant

And I love you very, very much!! I thought you and my sister had something special going. I’m taking the toaster back to Argos.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Brian blue
                                      Participant

The real danger is getting club players injured. I know nothing will be changed by the “suits” but from a fan point of view it is all a waste of space and to me Nine…one game, the final, is not worth the risk of loosing domestic competitions. Just my view of course

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        threeps
                                        Participant

Does anyone here actually care for international football? Like go to the matches level of care. Don’t think I’ve never met a football fan that gives more than an “Well if it’s on i might as well watch it so long as none of my team gets injured” level of care.

Sadly I don’t hink there is a solution except reducing the games by excluding cannon fodder but there would be plenty of objection, not least the FAs who want the TV and gate money.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Nike19
                                          Participant

I did want England to win the Euros – we came close.

Qualifiers like it or not come part of the package and preparation, but there are excess games and meaningless ones. If the Manager doesn’t know his best team by now and second and third choices then god help me.

Last ‘Interruption’ I think till early next year. There’ll be the FA CUP to get our teeth into πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 133 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.