Home Community General Football The Internationals.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    nine nine nine

I thought the Internationals including the Under 21 Euros deserved a thread of their own.

Not a great start for the Under 21’s or a great performance uphill task to qualify now.

In terms of the full England team 3 Chelsea players start two of them Academy players from the age of 8 and two assists from Chilwell and Rhys James.

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Nike19
      Participant

Doesn’t feel like any incentive at all to watch England

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        sean the sailor
        Participant

Have to say it’s the most exciting team England has had in years. Some real quality in there. Some super young players

Poor be 1st choice keeper for me.

Grealish, mount, Maddison, rashford, sterling, sancho ,Kane etc. Wow

Just don’t think Southgate is the man. This is England’s strongest group for years.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          nine nine nine

Good result and good performance by England with some debuts and debut goals and it could have been a much bigger victory were it not for the San Marino Keeper who pulled of a number of very good saves, but San Marino are officially the worst team in international football who everyone will beat and much stiffer tests lie ahead for England.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Brian blue
            Participant

Do not usually watch international’s but just interested in how the city boys played. Thought Mount and Chilwell played well, Lingard as well but for chances created we should have scored more. Some good goal keeping though
              Training match status, lets see what they do against tougher opposition
              However, they did what they have to do so cannot be too critical

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              nine nine nine

Lovely goal from Ibrahimovich back in the Sweden team aged 39.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Editor
                Keymaster

Agreed, Sean. It has the makings of a very good squad. So many options in attacking positions. Calvert-Lewin, Greenwood, Foden all great options, too. Probably a bit too soon for Greenwood this summer, mind. Hudson-Odoi another one. Bellingham looks like he will be good.

Loads of options at fullback. Shaw and Chilwell at LB then at RB we’re spoilt for choice when the best attacking RB in the league (TAA) and arguably the best defensive RB in the league can’t get in the side (AWB). Likes of Max Aarons coming through now too.

It’s at CB we’re lacking depth. Maguire and Stones are ok. Beyond that, there isn’t much really.

Agree about Southgate too. I think he may go after this summer unless England somehow win the Euros.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Adlab
                  Participant

Watched the U21 yesterday. I thought they were dreadful . The only proper player was Hudson-Odoi. I think we had one decent attempt. Switzerland could have been out of sight if they had taken one or two very good chances,.

The San Marino game? Waste of time really against the lowest ranked team in the world. We couldn’t do much more. Some great saves by their keeper. These teams like San Marino should play each other first and only the top one or two go into a group. What is the point of them losing every game 5 or 6 or more. It makes a mockery of the competition.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    nine nine nine

100% agree with all that Adlab and why do we have a failed PL Manager managing the Under 21’s anyway ?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Pagan
                      Participant

Why do we have a failed prem manager in charge of the U21s, that’s so that they mirror the senior side……Pagan

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        nine nine nine

Sad but true Pagan. I agree with Sean we could waste a very strong crop of players.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Nike19
                          Participant

I am generally encouraged with the crop of players used yesterday such as the examples of Tyrone Mings, Ollie Watkins and Dominic Kalvert-Lewin.

I felt though in relation to last night, it was essentially dead rubber and those poor Souls of San Marino I’m led to believe have actual Professions.

This shouldn’t really have been a pairing, so in slight contradiction, what might have appeared pleasing on the eye remains to be seen when faced or matched with tough or opposition of equal measure.

I like Gareth Southgate a lot and have all the time in the World for him, but just feel it’s time for a change.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Anonymous

Gareth Southgate is not a very educated talker, some what embarrassing as the face of England’s national side.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              nine nine nine

Persona!my I think Southgate handles himself well in front of the media.

It’s a strong England line up and hopefully good enough to win the game as away to Poland will be a tougher challenge imo and I expect more England rotation.

Looking forward to seeing how young Broja can do when Albania get hold of the ball.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Nike19
                                Participant

Not sure what’s actually designed of intent here, but so far England are being forced back and are having to go around the houses. So many passes back to Maguire and Stones.

Albania by no means are here to make up the numbers.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  nine nine nine

I know I’m biased but that was a nice finish by Mount.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Blaze
                                    Blocked

Lot of sideways and backwards passing seems to be a trend nowadays. Once they stopped that and passed more forward it was much better. Think Reece should be starting maybe and Grealish when fit to make a very good and young national force.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Editor
                                      Keymaster

The U21s so poor again. Surely time to try a new, young manager in that role. Someone with fresh ideas. That Boothroyd is even still in a job after how bad we were in the same tournament 2 years ago is odd. Keeping him on after this is surely not going to happen, now.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Nike19
                                        Participant

Completely Agree Ed, a load of Tripe.

I feel the same with the seniors; so Bland, Empty and Painful to watch. The job gets don’t but aside the consistency of 2/3 players, there’s nothing else there.

I’m not interested in a ‘good speaker’. I want a Manager who can Inspire.

Just plain Boredom in Essence.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          nine nine nine

Ed, we can only hope that Boothroyd’s contract which runs out in the Summer is not renewed but I’m not holding my breath given its the FA.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 57 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.