Home Community General Football The Final Day 23/05 !

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 101 total)
  • Author
    nine nine nine

All three games affecting the Club’s chasing the final two CL places are live on Sky simultaneously.

Both Liverpool and Chelsea are substantial odds on favourites for the final two places but this is football.?

Squeaky bum time. ๐Ÿ˜Š

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Luckydestiny
      Participant

Yeah hell of a nervy final day for all 3 chasing top 4, but this is why we didn’t want the ESL, it has to be earned and you can’t beat the drama and tension it brings

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by Luckydestiny.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
        sean the sailor
        Participant

All to play for lads. Be great with the fans. What an absolutely bizarre season

Crowds make it so much more enjoyable. Great atmosphere at the bridge the other night

Iโ€™ll be glad to see the back of it. Var and no fans have really made it difficult to watch at times

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Brian blue
          Participant

Steve….spot on, with you all the way on the ESL point, however it is worth remembering that even UEFA favour “historical club value” so I do not see that much difference. All clubs, every season should start from zero but they should end with whatever they achieve. You can bet they will also found a way to stop same country appearing in a Final!!!!!!

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Brian blue
            Participant

PS….I go back to an early topic of mine. Champions league should go to Champions only whoever that may be, it also takes care of the same country finals. If the want a “Euro league’ say of the 2/3/4 places…OK because that is what it is or if you like Champions league Div 2!!!!!! I know, I am being a little sarcastic but the Trade description act does not apply to UEFA apparently

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Brian blue
              Participant

Sorry Lucky,,, I do not know what is wrong with me, keep mixing you up with Steve. Apolgies to both, just have laugh and me just whittling on about Trade description Act….You cannot make it up!!!!

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Luckydestiny
                Participant

Lol Brian no worries mate

You are right champions league and majority of teams not champions its should have been called champs league back in the day and the European Cup now!

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Nike19
                  Participant

Gameweek 38 – Deadline Sunday 2:30 to get Teams in.

I can’t believe it’s finally going to be finished.

All emphasis on Top 4.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Brian blue
                    Participant

Never mind Final 4 Nil, I want City to give a strong performance, win, clean sheet against Everton and come through injury free. Last chance to show a match performance before next week.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      mancunian_mike
                      Participant

Agree with you Sean, as much as football on TV has helped get many of us through the lockdown, no crowds and VAR have made it very difficult to watch. I’ll be glad to be back at the game on Sunday but I recall VAR really affecting the enjoyment of being there and adding a negative atmosphere at the games before lockdown – I think the most sung song in the South Stand at the Etihad was ‘F— VAR’ ๐Ÿ˜‚

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        sean the sailor
                        Participant

What gets me Mike is, itโ€™s ruining the enjoyment for fans to celebrate goals

Thatโ€™s my main issue. I didnโ€™t budge for Alisons goal last week as I thought var would find something to rule it out. That was such a big moment and I should have been going through the roof for that

Bobbys goals againest utd aswell. I just sat there. Being a fan is about enjoying that moment. Itโ€™s difficult to do that anymore mate

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Mikus LFC
                          Participant

Take the ridiculous offside decision against Chelsea in the FA Cup final. Years ago, pundits wouldn’t have even questioned it – they would have said they were level. But some now say, “well it’s offside.” So all this is now in danger of being normalised. This is what happens. People just start accepting it. And years down the line, it becomes normal.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by Mikus LFC.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Nike19
                            Participant

Half of my celebration for Allison’s header was diluted with hesitancy. It’s because of what we’ve experienced, this is more of the way fans react.

In most cases instinctively I’ll cheer as normal ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜€โšฝ๏ธ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Luckydestiny
                              Participant

Mikus I am 37 and almost cried when that goal was disallowed!

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Mikus LFC
                                Participant

It’s just not right Lucky. But I have little faith in the authorities to put things right. And the danger now is that people are starting to accept it. And once that happens, it won’t be changed.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  nine nine nine

I’m not against VAR particularly for offsides but Chilwell’s goal being ruled out for offside in the Cup Final was particularly cruel.

VAR for offsides is very accurate imo but goals have to be ruled out for feet being in an offside position and not a portion of the hand.

It’s taking the fun out of football, football is all about the joy of scoring goals not trying to rule them out be ridiculous margins with just a small portion of the hand being offside.

Chelsea fans have had to swallow a number of poor decisions in the last week v Arsenal, v Leicester in the Cup Final and v Leicester again in the PL with a definite hand ball v Arsenal in the penalty area and no penalty being awarded and the obvious penalty in the first half v Leicester not being awarded for the foul on Werner but neither were the fault of the technology both were down to the inefficiencies of the officials. So really in that respect nothings changed!

I’m hoping this Summer common sense amends the current offside rules that saw Chilwell’s goal being ruled out in the Cup Final for a portion of his hand being in an offside position but I’m not holding my breath and it won’t change the outcome of the Cup Final.

But dangerously the fans have had enough of the inefficiencies and silly offside decisions as the Chelsea fans made plain on Tuesday night.

They say that these things even themselves out over a season but Chelsea have only got two games left to test that theory. I know such things effect everyone but nobody has had to suck on it in a Cup Final.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    mancunian_mike
                                    Participant

Agree with all those points folks, that’s the exact issue with VAR for me, it makes it pointless to go to the game if you are gonna remove the instant where fans celebrate goals. It happened so many times last season before lockdown that we just weren’t celebrating goals in the ground because you didn’t know if it would be ruled out or not. The typical scenario for me is this (sorry I’ll use City player names for ease)…Corner to the opposition…cross comes in, Diaz heads it out and its picked up on the edge of the box by Gundogan; he turns, beats a man, plays a through ball to the wing to the onrushing Foden; the crowd to a man glance at the linesman, he keeps his flag down as he tries to keep up…Foden races down the wing, cuts inside, plays a low ball straight across the box, the defender slides but can’t reach it…Mahrez arrives at the back post and smashes it past the helpless keeper; the crowd go wild…….oh wait…..VAR check…..possible offside in the build-up…..the crowd go silent and begin voicing there displeasure; both teams walk sullenly back to the centre circle whilst they await the outcome…some time goes by…it doesn’t really matter how much…and the referee confirms the VAR check is complete and its a goal…or its not a goal…who f@&$ing cares…certainly nobody in the stands. Scrap VAR now.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Notnice
                                      Participant

Anyone know if the England squad has been selected yet or is it only after Sundays games?

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Pagan
                                        Participant

Is VAR accurate enough for the offside decisions weโ€™ve seen all season, 9 thinks so but I donโ€™t. As Iโ€™ve said countless times, itโ€™s a best guess when the ball is played forward and itโ€™s up to the VAR where he decides to draw the lines from, both are subjective and as such can be tweaked to get the result you want.

As for itโ€™s where the feet are, the one major issue with that is if you have two players dead in line running in step, then the offensive player is onside, if theyโ€™re out of step then theyโ€™re offside 50% of the time, yet theyโ€™re still level.

VAR was sold on clear and obvious errors, not on forensic examination, get rid of the lines, use the technology to rotate the picture and then see if thereโ€™s a clear and obvious error.

Or even better, just get rid of it all together……Pagan

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Blaze
                                          Blocked

I don’t know how anyone can be against var, I understand it limits certain issues like celebrations and holds up the game but would you rather have unfair and illegal decisions!? Not for me I am a stickler when it comes to justice, my team Chelsea have had it very rough with var this season but but ultimately they were the right decisions so one cannot have complaints or regrets. There is clearly a need for improving the off side rule but one shouldn’t worry about other issues. The correct decision is vitally important for the good of the game.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 101 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.