Home Community General Football ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎThe FA Cup Final 2022 – Chelsea v Liverpool ๐Ÿ†โšฝ๏ธ GW 37

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

16:45 kick off time shown on ITV, STV and the BBC. Fa Cup Finals from when I was growing up compared to the present almost now feel the thing of the past. Perhaps because back then, practically your whole day would devoted to it.

There was variety in television coverage on both sets of teams and it was simply fun and felt like an activity that you were part of. I don’t think we will ever recapture those times. The supporters however have a chance to witness their beloved teams to try and win one of the most beloved trophies in football as it celebrates 150 years. Strap on where ever you are on Saturday and enjoy the 2 Teams battling it out.

Elsewhere, Week 37. We are nearly there. Everton look a lot better than they did a few weeks ago and in a better place to escape relegation. Leeds on the other hand don’t. As with Burnley.

Man City have another opportunity to add to their goals tally, go 6 points clear and head a step closer to the PL Title.

4th Spot is about Tottenham and Arsenal. The other few teams surrounding it are or will be playing for other european competitions. All of this unfolding on Sunday. Only the FA Cup available on Saturday as far as the top flight teams are concerned

Relax and Enjoy :-)๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿปโšฝ๏ธ๐ŸŽฐ๐Ÿ•น๐Ÿถ๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿป

• This topic was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by Nike19.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Chelsea1967
      Participant

Sadly there is a percentage of modern day younger generation football supporters, or so they believe themselves to be, that treat our domestic cups with total disregard. I have always valued, in particular the FA Cup as one of the game’s showpiece events. Maybe it is because, as a Chelsea supporter winning or being involved in anything was treasured, especially on the rare occasion we progressed past the fourth and fifth rounds. It was not just about Chelsea for me though, it was also about the mystery, the clashes between two clubs poles apart in rankings and how the underdog would upset the form guide, either take the match to a replay or totally upset the apple cart with a ‘ridiculous’ result. Ever since Chelsea lost in the 1967 FA Cup final to Spurs, I have annually supported the competition for the next 55 years so when a total prat decides to try and tell me that is a worthless cup, a Mickey Mouse cup he then wonders why I choose to pick him and his posts to pieces at every opportunity. In 999s absence I have wanted to take the opportunity to say it as I see it however have chosen to walk away from that site at least until he returns there, mainly in respect to him.

Fabulous match ahead Nil and having played out multiple draws one would be forgiven for thinking the may happen again. Sadly unless Tuchel can get both Kante and Jorginho fit and out there, with Kovacic injured you will destroy us and I anticipate we will be two down inside 15 minutes. That midfield minus two of those three and especially if Ruben Loftus-Cheek is picked, will be threadbare at best and that is where Liverpool will take total control and eat us alive. Sincerely hope I am wrong and it is the showpiece event it deserves to be.

I am disappointed that the less wealthy clubs don’t get the opportunity to fight for that treasured home tie in the form of a replay and all the extra revenue it raises for them. I really don’t know how those clubs survive these days, what with Covid and its repercussions financially and whatever else they are up against.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
        sean the sailor
        Participant

1967, kovacic be sorely missed as will fabhino but I donโ€™t think kovsvic has been ruled out yet? Fully expect kante to start. This is going to be very tight no matter what. Very difficult game. Chelsea owe us after the cc and runners from deep will cause us problems

We will need to be fully at it to win. I can see a narrow Chelsea win

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Nike19
          Participant

C67, pleasure reading those thoughts mate. I liked watching Chelsea in the early and mid 90s. Good individual stand out players and distinctive whenever they showed Stamford Bridge on TV. The facet of the ground was a lot different. I remember those triangular goal frames.

We were lucky or for those that lived in a particular generation to be able to see old Wembley Stadium. I will never agree with knocking it down. These people should never have. It’s a pure heritage. Famous people have staged concerts.

The FA Cup Final was household to the original Wembley Stadium like duck to water. 3pm on a Saturday. That was the Tradition formed and something that wasn’t so much accustomed but ingrained.

The wealth generated from the sport over the last 2 decades has taken this sport on another level. Some may argue immensely for the goodness. Others otherwise may beg to differ.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
            sean the sailor
            Participant

Kovacic and Kanye will be risked tuchel confirms. Knew it ๐Ÿ˜†

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
              threeps
              Participant

Just because they could be risked doesn’t mean they are match fit. They could underperform because of their injuries or even worse go off early on. I can see Kante starting but not both, too high a risk.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by threeps.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Nike19
                Participant

If individual players can reach the level to pass fit to play, then they will play. Good Luck to them and highly commendable in particular to Kovacic.

I still don’t know why Daniel James challenged the way he did. Football Boots have changed but I never believed in ‘Studs rising’. It’s just in my books dangerous and injury threatening. Some form of national training or retraining needs to be passed down. Of course, I will never bet against this in the lower leagues; should be discarded from grass roots.

Any way a separate talking point.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Adlab
                  Participant

Good luck to both teams hope it’s a good game.
                    Nine. If you are reading this – first and foremost hope things going OK.
                    Enjoy the game.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Nike19
                    Participant

Interesting line ups. Personally, I would have started with with Jota or Firmino instead of Salah, but this is the big occasion for the big player and he needs to turn up today and be effective.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Nike19
                      Participant

Good to see Zola. Just a lovely guy.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Chelsea1967
                        Participant

No Kante. Massive loss.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Chelsea1967
                          Participant

Noted just now he is on the bench. Could be a handy sub later on if we are going ok.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Adlab
                            Participant

Liverpool edging Chelsea looking for a breakaway to Lukaku who so far seems ineffective.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Mikus LFC
                              Participant

Man City would have scored by now. Im afraid that’s why they’re ahead of everyone.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Mikus LFC
                                Participant

Really missed Bobby. Would have brought him on sooner. Need more composure in the box.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Mikus LFC
                                  Participant

Just really poor up top. Shouldn’t be having to take this to penalties.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Adlab
                                    Participant

Anybody-
                                      Who will miss

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Nike19
                                      Participant

๐Ÿ˜ฅ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™โšฝ๏ธ๐Ÿ†๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ•น๐ŸŽฐ๐Ÿง๐Ÿถ๐Ÿป Tears of joy. So happy and grateful. Painful to watch but we’ve the rewards

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Mikus LFC
                                        Participant

Got there in the end. Everyone into the ice bath after that no doubt. Really do need to be better in the box at times. But a great achievement nonetheless.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Brian blue
                                          Participant

Congratulations to Liverpool. I hate Penalty shoot outs but I guess the game has to be decided some way. Two down for you guys, two to go!!!

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 54 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.