Home Community General Football *The FA Cup Final 2018* Chelsea V Manchester United – Sat 19th May 17:15

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 147 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

Available first of all to watch on the BBC straight after the Royal Wedding πŸ™‚

A prestigious trophy and a prestigious occasion in my view. I hope this final will be treated with the respect it deserves.

It may well be a cagey affair and one that could go right the way through to a Penalty Shoot-out or a game with a flurry full of goals, but to me, it’s likely to be the former than the latter.

Above all though, I just hope for a fair game and not a great deal too bothered who wins as long as they win fair and square.

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      srd79
      Participant

I have no problem with an ugly United win.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Nike19
        Participant

Srd, I want some entertainment hahaha πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          maverick1973
          Participant

It most defo will be ugly,but who wins,I have no idea.50-50 for me so far.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            nine nine nine

If the Chelsea that faced Newcastle turn up they might as well not board the Coach for Wembley if the real Chelsea turn up at Wembley then we will be in with half a chance.

But few Finals are great games and I suspect this one will be no different.

I’ll happily take a long Courtois punt up field in the 91st minute that sails over De Gea’s head for a one nil win to Chelsea!?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              maverick1973
              Participant

999-Lol,but if the United that played Sevilla turn up,it will be a handball score,lol.1-0 to Chelsea it is then,lol

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Brian blue
                Participant

I wonder if Harry will sneak away to watch some gametime

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Chelsea.man
                  Participant

I expect it to be a tight contest. and mistakes will be crucial in this match. whoever makes less mistake will win it. i hope Chelsea turn up for the match. we don’t know which Chelsea will turn up.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    sean the sailor
                    Participant

Fancy utd simply because Jose doesn’t lose finals

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      nine nine nine

Sean, Joee doesn’t lose Finals and Conte has yet to win one but that has to change some time.?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        nine nine nine

…. Hopefully!???

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Nike19
                          Participant

Surely Jose has to start with Rashford tomorrow?

My gut feeling says, he’ll go for the dull pragmatic approach, but why not be positive and go for more of an attacking line up?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Chucky McChuckface
                            Participant

Silly-Willy-Nilly… I think we all know that just isn’t Maureen’s style, is it? Maureen start a game with less than 7 defensive players? Has hell frozen over?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Nike19
                              Participant

Mate, haha. I think he just changed behaviour after managing Inter. He was never really a Bus-Parker in Chelsea’s first spell back in 05, 06 et al. He had robust players, but flare players too.

In saying that though, he came a lot into collision with Joe Cole.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Nike19
                                Participant

Chuckster, if United do lose mate, I can a lot of angry supporters phoning up and calling for his head.

He might even get the sack!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Anonymous

Chucky… Conte lines up with 8…. bore fest… extra time anyone?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    nine nine nine

I’ve seen some discussions about wanting it to be a feast of football at Wembley on Saturday and that would be nice providing Chelea win the Cup.?

But the most important thing as far as I’m concerned is Chelsea winning the game first and playing nice football second that’s the way it is in Cup Finals and I’m sure that’s exactly what the Liverpool fans will be saying this time next week.

Tbh I can’t remember too many great FA Cup Finals with fantastic football played there’s too much rests on it for it to be great games and with Mourinho and Conte bothnare very pragmatic Mansgers so it will be tactical game imo rather than a highly entertaining game.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      maverick1973
                                      Participant

Nil-Not really mate,with the PL being the bread and butter and United light-years behind City,not many people care that much about the FA Cup.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        nine nine nine

Hasn’t the club just extended Mourinho’s contract until 2020 just a few months ago?

At the very least imo Mourinho will get the 2018/2019 season who knows from there it all depends on success Conte is probably gone just one year after winning the title. That’s the way of the world nowdays.

Without consistent success no Manager is completely safe no matter who they are.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Editor
                                          Keymaster

We have a good record against the other top 6 sides this season, bettered only by City. So, I’m glad we’re going up against another top side rather than one we’re easily expected to win. That coupled with Mourinho’s unmatched record of winning finals means I’m hopeful. Although, being a cup final, anything can happen and Conte himself has proved a very clever tactician despite their underwhelming season in the league.

I certainly wouldn’t put any money on it either way!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 147 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.