Home Community General Football The Community Shield 5/08 Chelsea v Man City.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    nine nine nine

Live on BT Sport from 3 pm.

City sound like they will field a stronger line up than Chelsea with a number of key Chelsea players yet to return to training after the World Cup including Courtois, Cahill, Kante, Giroud, Hazard, Willian and Michy.

Even were the above already back I can only see a City victory just hope for a good competitive performance from Chelsea be really interesting to see Hudson Odoi playing on a big Wembley pitch and see his progress.

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Brian blue
      Participant

It will be an interesting game Nine. I think both teams will want to win, no point in a defensive game for a one off match, It could go either way. I hope Foden gets a run out I can see a future in this lad but the one really playing for a starting place is Sterling, I hope he has been practising finishing, that is all he is short of.Good luck for the season ahead

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        nine nine nine

Brian, I think you’re right and it will be a very open game with both sides playing high up the pitch.

Good luck to you for the season too Brian although I’m not sure you’ll need.? Cheers 999

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          cityboy54
          Participant

Can’t wait for kick off Sunday and start of season…love Jesus for signing new contract

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Brian blue
            Participant

Nine…I have been too long in the game watching City, nothing is certain, for any team. I think it will be a good season for a few clubs and maybe a surprise package again. Like I have said many times, I go to watch 22 players in a football match, of course I want City to win but I like to watch skillfull players and I hate divers and play acting that goes on. The rules need toughening up. Do not stop play, if it is a bad injury medics allowed on but we all know most of the time they want a breather or break up a pattern of play. It will kill the game unless action taken

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Adlab
              Participant

I think City will be very much second string but you never know!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                nine nine nine

Very strong City side can’t see Chelsea winning this one but I’m hoping for a performance.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  nine nine nine

Really enjoy reading your posts Brian. You’re right nothings a given but it will take a very good team to finish above City.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Adlab
                    Participant

Much stronger team than expected. Basically no Otemendi, Silva, KDB, Sterling and Ederson.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      maverick1973
                      Participant

Didnt take long!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Adlab
                        Participant

Looks very hot at Wembley. Jorginho looks pretty good. I can see why Pep wanted to sign him. Would have fited in well. Still London must have its attractions!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Adlab
                          Participant

35 gone both struggling witn tbe heat I think

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Adlab
                            Participant

Nine.
                              Think Conte wasnt too far wrong about Luiz?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Big Jim
                              Participant

On hols with family in Greece so missed this game ☹. In a tiny place so no tv’s but listened to most of game. Sounded like Foden played well??

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                nine nine nine

Well done to the City lads. If it was a Boxing match the Ref would have stopped the fight.?

City have a brilliant squad Mendy will be like a new signing this season it looks to me like a race for second place between Liverpool and United. It will take a great team to finish above them.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  maverick1973
                                  Participant

Congrats to City on the trophy,made easy game today!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Big Jim
                                    Participant

Cheers nine. Not a ball has been kicked in the PL yet so no one can tell what is going to happen, we may be favourites but that often means nothing. I am sure Liverpool United Spurs and Chelsea will all be pressing us throughout the season. The big advantage City have for me is Guardiola.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      nine nine nine

“The big advantage City have for me is Guardiola.” Very true Jim plus City have got by far the best squad.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Brian blue
                                        Participant

The thing that pleased me most was Bernadino performance, followed by Foden. I am sure Pep will nuture both these young players well, they certaily ran the show to day. KDB and Silva know they have competion now but then you would have to say why was Jorghino considered when we had an emerging Foden I am sure KDB and Silva will be back next week and that should raise our game to another level. Mahrez needs to be aware of KDB passes from distance Chelsea looked unsettled from the start, maybe the system has not clicked for them yet but they need some younger players in

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Brian blue
                                          Participant

You are right Jim, everything and everyone starts from scratch. I hope it is a good footballing season

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 37 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.