Home Community General Football Taking the Micheal more than Meg…

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Chucky McChuckface
    Participant

This is a perfect example of why I’m getting feed-up with VARball!!

A team recalling a player out on loan, for one whole game, and then sending him back on loan again.

Is it against the rules? No.

Is it taking the piss? Abso-fooking-lutely!!!

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      steveosnakeeye
      Participant

who what where when?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Chucky McChuckface
        Participant

Doesn’t matter cyber chum, it’s in no way meant to be a “pop” at a club, just a pop at the state of the game in general. It’s basically another example of the “win-at-all-costs” nonsense that is taking over the game and another example of clubs twisting, bending and generally fooking with the rules… “Jumpers for Goalposts” my Arsenal… this game is morphing into something that bores me now.

The other week, I was watching a game on the telly, while playing on my laptop. Not too sure how long it was on for, but I looked up and noticed “Scooby-Doo” on the telly, as the nipper had turned channel when I wasn’t looking and I’ll tell you what, watching Velma running around in that mini-skirt of hers (she really does remind of an ex!) was far more exciting!!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          steveosnakeeye
          Participant

roooby rooobvy rooooo!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            maverick1973
            Participant

The other week, I was watching a game on the telly, while playing on my laptop. You dirty Aussie tart,couldnt do that in your bathroom or bedroom?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              steveosnakeeye
              Participant

dont worry the kids were distracted by scooby do so they dindt see what he was playing with or the sticky tissues

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                maverick1973
                Participant

dont worry the kids were distracted by scooby do so they dindt see what he was playing with or the sticky tissues Buffy-You are killing me softly,I believe Kylie is a SHE.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  threeps
                  Participant

Of all the things you could have a moan about regarding football this is what you come up with?! I mean seriously, who cares? Why does it offend you?

I assume we are talking Nat Phillips who was recalled from Stuttgart to play in the FA Cup for Liverpool against Everton and then sent back out on loan to that team. As you said, not against the rules, as a player can play for a maximum of two different teams per season. He came back to give some senior players a rest, did the job, now back to get regular football again. What’s the problem?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    Chucky McChuckface
                    Participant

The problem, cyber chum, is a basic piss-take of the rules. I would like to think when these rules were introduced, it wasn’t for the motion that clubs and move players around all over the place when it’s suitable to them. As the Puppy will tell you, I’ve long thought the whole “loan” system is out-dated completely from what it was meant to do, and although no rules are being broken, it has been morally corrupted.

I’m just highlighting the issue as another example of the “win-at-all-costs” attitude that is now eating football, the absolute twisting and bending of the rules, not just this rule but all the others two.

If you’re fine with it, then good for you cyber chum, got no problem with that. To me, it’s simply getting to the point we might as well not bother playing the game, just get every teams lawyers and accountants on one side of the table, the VAR boys on the other, and just call Championship Manager or something.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      threeps
                      Participant

I agree the loan system is outdated and needs readdressing, I just don’t get your reaction to it. It’s barely news-worthy at best to be honest.

VAR? Yup. Corrupt refs? Fine. Diving? Always. Overseas matches (think Spanish Super-Cup in Saudi). Deffo. But a young lad returns from loan, plays one game and then back off on loan? Think there’s a lot more wrong going on than this.

Having said that I’m more than happy to agree to disagree on this. And Championship Manager is so 1990’s, it’s been called Football Manager for at least a decade now!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        Chucky McChuckface
                        Participant

I haven’t played it for a while… couldn’t tell you!! 🙂

Agree there are more “important” issues that need to be resolved, but the chances of improving the other issues aren’t really going to happen when every team (and I’m including my own here!) is simply using the rules as “guidelines”. It’s a habit all clubs have got into and it annoys me.

What’s next? Shall we just introduce a “farm” system like in the US, so teams can simply “promote” and “demote” players at the drop of the hat? What’s the point in having squad sizes if clubs can just re-call and send-out players when it suits them? What’s the point in having rules?? Or perhaps have 52 subs on the bench???

Football is actually quite a simple game that’s now been made incredibly complicated.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          threeps
                          Participant

You can’t just recall them anytime you like it has to be in the transfer window. If a loan free was agreed, like with most loans for older players, then you can’t recall them at all until the loan contract expires. So doing it whenever it suits a team isn’t possible.

For the game in question Liverpool had two fit centre backs in VvD and Gomez, with the other two plus emergency CB Fabinho injured. VvD is important and Klopp decided to rest him. I’m sure if Lovren or Matip or maybe even Fabinho were fit they would of played there but they weren’t. So is this an abuse of the loan system? Or just a manager trying to manage his squad and give a senior player a bit of a rest by the only viable option available to him? He was on the bench vs Spurs too I think.

Lovren and Matip will be back soon and the whilst the chances both are out at the same time are possible I guess Klopp has deemed the risk insignificant enough to send the guy back to Germany for more gametime.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            Chucky McChuckface
                            Participant

Loans for older players just shouldn’t be allowed…. full stop. Doesn’t matter anything about transfer window or not.

Anyway, cyber chum, not having a pop at LiberoOol, I’m sure my boys would do exactly the same thing (and I would call them out for it too!). It’s just another example of clubs making a mockery of the rules and twisting them for their own advantage (and yes, every club does it!). I just don’t like it, it just isn’t football in my mind.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              nine nine nine

I agree with Chucky’s philosophy on loan moves. As I’ve said before it should be limited to players 21 and under purely to aid their development.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                Chucky McChuckface
                                Participant

Didn’t you mean limited to just 21 players? Not players 21 and under?? 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  nine nine nine

Chuvky, nope I’ve consistently stated on this issue that imo player loans should be limited to players 21 and under and that I fully support FIFA’s iniative to reduce the numbers of players on loan.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                    Chucky McChuckface
                                    Participant

I think that went over your head mate!

How about only 21 players who also happen to be 21 and under??

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matej_Dela%C4%8D

This is why I hate the loan system as it stands (and not because it’s Chelsea!)

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                      nine nine nine

Chucky, I think age and being loaned for development purposes should be the key objectives as Abraham and Mount were last season and both are now regulars in the Chelsea first team.

But it’s up to FIFA to set the rules that’s just my opinion.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                        Anonymous

I’m with Threeps, I really don’t see why this is even worth talking about. Liverpool have 5 players who are able to play CB for us at a high level, we lost 3 of them to injury. It’s not like City who tried to get along with only 3 CBs, we’ve got 4 dedicated CBs and have been unlucky to also lose Fabinho to injury. We called our own player back incredibly briefly. Matip has been recovering ahead of schedule so we thought, ok, we can do right by Stuttgart and the player and send him back earlier than we’d hoped. Crisis averted for now… but the player didn’t come near the pitch, so why is it a topic?

What incredible advantage have Liverpool gained from this to hand us the PL title? cause it’s this or it’s “lucky liVARpool”.

I’ve no issues with loans for players in genuine freak scenarios. perhaps there should be an age limit but I don’t think so. It seems to me that older or released players who never really made it to the highest levels can get opportunities to play for clubs way above their general career level and I’d not want that to end.

This is where my interest in this topic ends though, it’s just not important really.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          nine nine nine

“FIFA have confirmed they will now restrict the numbers of players one club can have out on loan to eight from the 2021/22 season, however.

The limit does not count for players aged 21 and under who seek playing time to speed up their development.

The threshold of how many talents can be out on loan will drop to six for the 2022/23 season.”

The above is FIFA’s proposed rule change to loans yet to be fully ratified.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 27 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.