Home Community General Football Table position vs wage bill

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Editor
    Keymaster

https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-reads/how-every-prem-clubs-wage-bill-compares-to-their-19-20-league-position/

Quite an interesting article. I had no idea how much Utd had reduced their wage bill with Liverpool now with the second highest wages in the league.

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Mikus LFC
      Participant

It doesn’t surprise me as much with regards to Utd as they do seem to be somewhat leaner and meaner over this season. But I think it’s key that they now invest further in the summer to kick on further. Otherwise things can go very stale very quickly.

Thats sort of the mistake Liverpool made in that they left this team too long without further investment both up top & at the back and it’s all come home to roost this season.

The best bang for their buck looks to be Leicester who always seem to replace the players they lose very effectively. If they can now hold on to them and add to them for the CL next season, they can start growing further. And it will prove that even with more modest investment, if you get all the ingredients right and the timing rights with regard to investment, you can break the stranglehold of the big 6 and so give hope to others.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Brian blue
        Participant

Mikus…with great respect to your post…interesting, but my view is, like all statistical analysis. it picks the period, to morrow it may well be different and yesteryear it certainly was…it is like a moveable feast.  a bit like historical fact, good/bad  history is for the books what happens in the next match is worth contemplating on.  Good post though, just my thoughts. I still cannot believe PSG had no shots on target in the game last night. Take care

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Brian blue
          Participant

PS. Mikus….thought your analysis was good, particularly about Leicester and possibly others….now , that is fact.   Leicester are a well run club….I think Burnley are and they need some investment.  Everton must see it coming if they have planned to move into a new ground

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Chucky McChuckface
            Participant

<iframe src=”//www.youtube.com/embed/-GaS39Kn6Mg” width=”560″ height=”314″ allowfullscreen=”allowfullscreen”></iframe>

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.