Home Community Liverpool Swansea City V Liverpool – Monday Night 8pm

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

Jurgen Klopp to me has taken a new meaning of rotation and I believe he has found more than one formula to prepare himself for both Home and Away matches.

It’s never easy playing an opposition away from home, sat at the bottom of the pile as far as the league goes, but these are the type of fixtures Liverpool fell short on last season and if truth be told, were just a doormat with a flimsy defence.

I don’t believe this to be the case and what’s more, this could be the debut for new signing Vigil Van Dijk. This could be the piece of the Jigsaw Liverpool have been lacking for quite some time as far as addressing the defensive issues. We need somebody desperately to support the keeper and command that area, and here I believe is our man.

The likely line up:

Karius

Gomez Matip Van Dijk Robertson

Ox-laid Can Wijn

Mane Salah

Firmino

Will be competitive, but I feel this could be a night to embrace and flourish with a comfortable 2-0 victory.

Come on the Redmen!!

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      nine nine nine

Agree Nil I can only see a comfortable Liverpool win. 4 nil gets you up above Chelsea again.?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Anonymous

Complacency will be the biggest threat from this fixture. That said, this isn’t 3 points in the bag at all. Swansea may be bottom of the pile but it is more as a result of a lack of scoring goals than it is from them leaking them. There are quite a few teams in the PL who’s conceded more. This concerns me because it’s the type of match where a team could rise to the occasion against us, with us having a poor day of it.

I do think we will win and I’m hoping that it’s very comfortable but I will not take it for granted and I hope the team are of a similar mind. The fight for a top 4 place is going to be brutal and it’s always these kinds of games that turn out to be key for us, whether you’re talking about successes or missed opportunities.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Nike19
          Participant

There wasn’t much in that Swansea goal, they just got lucky. Van Dijk’s been pretty impressive, but he’s gonna need obviously game time to bed in. Gomez has been going, but Swansea have basically just parked the bus then just play at hoofing the ball in our box hoping the ball will just land on their lap and guess what? It did!

Nearly levelled with Mane, but we need to step it now when it comes to attacking them.

I think there’s definitely an equalizer in the right into the second half.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            nine nine nine

If Swansea were going to score it was always going to come from a free kick or corner.

Poor header from Van Dijk from the corner but Liverpool are quite capable of turning it around and coming away with 3 points.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Brian blue
              Participant

So, what happened, just seen the result

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                nine nine nine

Blimey. “It’s a funny old game Saint”.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  paul powers tash
                  Participant

That win for Swansea might just give them belief now?

They’re only six points off Watford.Who are currently
                    tenth and sinking fast.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Big Jim
                    Participant

Brian. Swansea defended in depth with five across the back and Liverpool couldn’t find a way through. Dick Van Dyke got an assist for Swanseas goal heading the ball into the Swansea attackers. Liverpool then created very little and didn’t really test flappyhandski. But had a golden chance in the dying seconds and Firmino headed onto the post and Lalana put the rebound over from six yards or so. Vital three points for Swansea. They defended very well.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Nike19
                      Participant

Cue to negativity and ‘same old same old lark’.

Got the radio on and people saying we’ve not improved any more since we had Rodgers. Then all the Coutinho clichΓ©s come out. I honestly swear by that these places are really unhealthy. It’s ruined some part of me in being on various different sites for 10 years.

Fabianski ALWAYS ups his game against us. He did that during Arsenal. Swansea have been our bogey team and a team I’ve just never liked since their inception in the Prem. Hope they go down.

Our problem is that we struggle when there’s far to many opposition shirts to break down against. Our attack just didn’t pull off.

I’m not changing my vision in saying we’ve done better than we have last season. 2 Defeats away from home against better quality opposition and 1 defeat against a team bottom of the pile scrapping for their lives isn’t bad going.

Just need to find like-minded and positive people who think this way too and steer clear of those that for years have and will continue to wear you down.

Monkey off our back. Now let’s move and enjoy the Cup Game This Saturday Night.

Never Give Up and forever fight the fight!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Nike19
                        Participant

Found this which I missed at the time but how close were we at death. This really would have given us an ultra big lift had it finished in the back of the net. How does Lallana even manages to sky this over?!?!

We just really didn’t have our shooting boots on tonight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoBeqBt6vTg

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          nine nine nine

Massive win for Swansea which just might just keep them up that’s 3 wins,2 draws and 1 defeat in their last 6 games.

Carlos Carvalhal is definitely having an impact and his interviews are highly entertaining.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Anonymous

I don’t think the Coutinho discussion is cliched in the slightest, it’s common sense and I mentioned it before the result. I said that the Man City game isn’t a good test on how well we can do without him as it’s the teams who sit back and are harder to break down that would be the acid test.

As for the same old same old “lark”, it is almost predictable at this stage, that is how used to it we’ve become. So, the problem isn’t that the talk is all the same.

We’ve only ourselves to blame. We might as well have lost to City and beaten Swansea, which wouldn’t be considered an achievement at all. . . and it isn’t.

Unacceptable.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              whoisbeni
                              Participant

three most predictable things in the world:

death

taxes

Liverpool being beaten immediately after a big win

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Chucky McChuckface
                                Participant

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Oz Yob
                                  Participant

It quite simple,Coutinho was the player that unlocked teams that sit back like this & now he’s gone we will revert back to huffing & puffing with 70odd % possession & nothing to show for it. Expect more results like this v relegation fodder & so called weaker teams. Klopp is off his head if he thinks we will be ok without replacing Couts.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    whoisbeni
                                    Participant

With coutinho we were the same – we didn’t despatch these sort of teams with any ease before he left to join a pub league.

No change for me

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Anonymous

It’s not black and white. Coutinho was instrumental in adding that extra edge sometimes, other times he was part of the team that just looked out of ideas. The fact is that he’s gone and any edge that he provided needs to be replaced. We won’t be buying anyone so I have to wonder where it’ll come from in the squad.

That said, I think we’ll do pretty darn well for a team who “just sold their best player”, as we’ve got a LOT of attacking quality in that side. Our main issue is that we’re looking at a problem that we already had and instead of correcting it, we may actually be making it worse.

I do think we’re going in the right direction but I think we’re really making a meal of it. I just hope this Keita business is the last time that we defer an important acquisition.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        sean the sailor
                                        Participant

Agree Beni. We struggled ahainest many teams like last night with couthino

I’ll never get carried away. It’s one game

4th is the aim. Last night was typical ya but I expect us to bounce back in our next game

It’s the worst we have played this season and FairPlay to Swansea

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          sean the sailor
                                          Participant

Mak, we do need another attacker in as we brought Ings on last night who is not fit.

I don’t think we have any money as couthino funds spent on vvd and keita which is fine.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 42 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.