Home Community General Football Super League

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Adlab
    Participant

Liverpool and Utd promotinng

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Mikus LFC
      Participant

Full story here…

https://news.sky.com/story/top-english-clubs-in-bombshell-talks-to-join-european-premier-league-12109175

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Anonymous

gulp… Here we go again…

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          nine nine nine

Liverpool and Manchester United are in talks with fellow clubs from around Europe to form a FIFA-backed European Premier League. The plans are supported by a funding package worth Β£4.6billion, according to reports. Express 20/10

It’s inevitable that a European League will happen eventually but it’s bad timing so soon after Operation Big Picture fell by the wayside.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Pagan
            Participant

Very interesting, so β€œThe Big Picture” was sold as all about giving more of the PL money to lower leagues, whilst at the same time they were plotting to get massive amounts of money from another revenue stream. Talk about a them and us organisation….Pagan

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Adlab
              Participant

So what happens to the Premier League?
                Is it American style no promotion, no relegation.

Not keen on the idea. English football is in the soul of most fans. It means no away game visits.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Pagan
                Participant

Adlab, the Super League runs parallel to the Prem and takes the place of the CL.

So less money to share between the proposed 18 Prem sides as they give more away.

No League cup.

More European games and money for the Judas 5 or 6

…Pagan

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  maverick1973
                  Participant

Fucking assholes[sorry HH],I know I could be banned,but these 2 teams are a disgrace.
                    Adlab-Its all about money especially after the Big Project failed sensationally.Parasites,thats what they are.Fuck everyone else,that what they are saying.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    maverick1973
                    Participant

Adlab-This will kill football as we all know it and love it.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      nine nine nine

Let’s wait and see where all this goes the “Big Picture” barely lasted a few days.

This is a power grab including FIFA and there’s no way that I can see UEFA standing by and letting FIFA set up an alternative competition to the Champions League without a very strong response from them and the Club’s can’t defy the jurisdiction of UEFA because it’s the European Federation of Football Associations of which the English FA is part of and setting up a European Super League without the Support of UEFA would potentially eliminate PL Clubs from playing in the PL which ultimately falls under the jurisdiction of the English FA and the fans won’t stand for that and we’ve already seen what Football without fans looks like.

Ultimately I think there will be a European Super League but not at the expense of domestic football because the fans don’t want that and not only PL fans too and to bring a European League about it will have to be achieved with the cooperation of everyone including the fans.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Pagan
                        Participant

9, In the hierarchy of things the PL answer to The FA, The FA to UEFA, does not UEFA then answer to FIFA?

The top 6 teams will still play domestic football, they’ll still need that revenue. What makes English footy so good (and marketable) is the game atmosphere, and that’s due to England being small enough for travelling fans to attend away games, that travelling and atmosphere becomes a habit and is continued into the European games, lose the domestic footy and you lose the atmosphere, then English footy loses its marketability and the money that goes with it….Pagan

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Adlab
                          Participant

If I have the choice to win, Premier League or Champions League, for me its the Premier League every day.
                            Of course its about money. No sutprise there. CL is good but it doesnt stir the same emotions as the Premier League. How can you play so many games as in both the EPL and this new suggested league?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Pagan
                            Participant

Adlab, they can’t play as many games as they do at the moment because it’s so tiring for the players, however you can play more games with more travelling in the proposed format with no ill effects as you get paid more…..Pagan

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              nine nine nine

Pagan, it won’t happen without the agreement of all parties and we’re a long long way from that. Let’s see how things transpire.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Pagan
                                Participant

9, let’s see how big the brown envelopes are….Pagan

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Brian blue
                                  Participant

I forecast this would happen a long time ago.With an inept FA and EPL it was time for the money boys to make a move. Heavily influenced by the American culture to sports activities whereby the actual sport is secondary to the spin off gains. Of course we will see wholesale rule changes as well and so many statistics broadcast that you will wonder if you are going to a Maths class rather than watch a real football match. matches will also be played in the USA as well eventually to broaden the game further although what kind of game remains to be seen. I cannot see anything that would entice me watch this type of hype because there will be a lot of it. I am also not saying that the British game does not need a major overall…it does, but I do not want to see radical Americanised sport in our game…it will happen and the atmosphere around grounds will change. The top 6 are there because of the bottom 12 so to speak but what is not right that any top 6 should have a strong influence over others in the same league.It is obscene , I want to seee Leicester Brighton etc winning the league I want to see the top 6 fighting for relegation…I know I am being fanciful but I hope you get the thought. The league should not be dominated by “elite” teams. It should be competitive throughout or what is the point of having a league.? I do not mind the league Cup being scrapped but not the FA Cup….would the Americans give up the “World Series”??? One way or another football will change in the near future and be controlled by bankers, TV and betting companies, actual football will be irrelevant, The fans will continue to be ripped off

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    maverick1973
                                    Participant

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8863635/Portugal-legend-Luis-Figo-claims-new-European-Premier-League-DESTROY-football-know-it.html

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Nike19
                                      Participant

Brian, I share your sentiments.

I could never get into American based sports. If football headed that way purely for commence, that would be me washing my hands with it.

The British Culture in what Football stood for was a Working Class Game.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Pagan
                                        Participant

Worryingly for me, America is starting to take a big interest in cricket, with them having ambitions to be in the top league by 2030, unfortunately for cricket they don’t have the money to resist Americanisation should it take off in the good old US of A….Pagan

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Nike19
                                          Participant

Pagan, based on your thoughts, I agree. It’s worrying for me because I grew up watching Test Match Cricket over 5 days from Thursday to Sunday.

Everything now just seems to want to be rushed and over-and-done with.

There’s just no longer no fulfilment or enrichment from anybody that has an interest.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 51 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.