Home Community General Football Summer Transfer Window 2019.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 1,517 total)
  • Author
    nine nine nine

Potentially good news for Spurs.

https://www.goal.com/en/news/tottenham-increasingly-confident-eriksen-will-agree-new-long/xur5mv2uynfy1lrv1wey5f4zx

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      nine nine nine

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/transfer-news/chelsea-transfer-jovic-zouma-ban-16160559

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Chucky McChuckface
        Participant

Well, for my Spuds, first and foremost, get Wee Erik and Toby “Mean Machine” AlldldlLEWWeIRIidifsdedlled signed up… all depends on those two, to be honest!

If they stay (YAY!!) then the bare minimum would be two new FB’s (would be very happy with the Palace lad and Chill & Netflix from Leicester, given the choice!) and at least one top draw midfielder made from the same stuff Moose was, which unfortunately is in short supply.

Other than that, I think it depends on who we sell and what the pot look likes. If we can do the above, and the pot can stretch that far, I’d have another flying attacker it the Bale/Zaha mould, if not one of those two…

I think 2 new FB’s should be our priority!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Editor
          Keymaster

Quiet window for Spurs then Chucky with that lot probably totalling the best part of Β£250mil (or one Sir Harry) ?

I genuinely don’t know where to start with our lot. It’s easier to list the ones we should keep. DDG (if he can be persuaded), Rashford, McTominay, Shaw, Martial. The rest can all be sold. Which, going by our record of getting rubbish fees for players should give us about 100mil or so!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Chucky McChuckface
            Participant

Well, the two FB’S I want I reckon are in the 40/50 bracket in todays bonkers market (say hundred for the pair), if both Wee Erik and Mean Machine bugger off, I reckon we’re looking at another 100 there, so we’d be even stevens give or take a bottle top or two. Now we’re back to what was in the pot plus whoever else we flog (looks like Trippier is off, we’ll say 30ish) and Weirdy Beardy (bag of family size Mars Bars), possibly Moura, say another 30/40, rumors about Disco (never thought I’d say but I think we should keep him!) for around another 40. Another CB to replace Toby isn’t that important, but a DM and AM would be higher up my list.. and I reckon we’d have about 150/200 to get the pair from sales etc.. problem is I’m not 100% sure on who… Gomes from Everton for 30 sounds smart to me for DM (hell, I’d take Mata on a freebie to be honest for AM!) Maddison? Perhaps.. (do like that Barnes lad they have!), or the lad from Bournemouth who’s name I’ve forgotten? Or maybe even Ake form Bouremouth too…

The Bale/Zaha was more if Wee Erik goes… change our dynamic up top completely, starting to thinking Poncho’s Plan A has been sussed, we need a real plan B other than chuck on the “Hipstar” (see what I did there? πŸ˜‰ )

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Mikus LFC
              Participant

Have to say, whilst there have been several new impressive grounds built in recent years in the league, there is something about the new Spurs stadium. Looks a real cauldron. It gives them a real identity. Do think that will help Spurs in the transfer market and attracting players to the club.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                maverick1973
                Participant

Every player @ United should be made available for transfer-especially the most overrated player in history of football-Pogba!
                  DDG just wants to go it seems,and who will moan?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Chucky McChuckface
                  Participant

That was the plan Micky, state of the art training grounds, super-duper-yellow-polka-dot-bikini of a stadium, build up a youngish squad which (in theory) would only need topping up rather than overhauling with each new manager (we know Poncho isn’t going to stay forever, not when YooUtd come calling in October.. πŸ™‚ ), and hopefully now the wage bill can go up a bit now we have the turnover…

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    nine nine nine

https://www.skysports.com/app/transfer/news/12691/11709939/ole-gunnar-solskjaer-says-manchester-united-can-still-attract-big-name-players

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Mikus LFC
                      Participant

“You would be surprised how many agents have been telling us that their clients would love to be a part of Manchester United in the future.”

Probably because of the wages they offer. Indeed that will be a big problem for Solksjaer – knowing whether the player is there for the right reasons. And coming out with lines like this wouldn’t give me a huge amount of confidence.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Anonymous

I have finally been convinced that we need to go out and sign a creative midfielder. We’ve definitely improved, creating more definable roles in midfield, this season but we still don’t have that connection between midfield and attack. I think we should say sod the medical and get Fekir. Do that or get someone as suitable for us.

I would then go right back into the market and sign a really good forward.

Then we are a complete side.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Anonymous

Mikus, when you have a manager feel the need to say these kinds of things, you know the opposite is true. Well, I mean it’s a nothing statement, so it wills till be true but you know that the level of players that would have WANTED to come to Utd is not what it was. exactly though, they can make up for it by paying retarded wages. I’m ok with that TBH. I mean, it’ll eventually be what gets things going right for them but I think that if there is a player who we want, they will come to Liverpool before Utd. I know that may sound inflammatory, it’s not meant to be at all. Just stating what I see as a reversal of times gone by.

Who knows, maybe in another few years it’ll have corrected itself. I mean this is most likely really, isn’t it? Our club will never have the financial clout that utd have and once they cop on, fire Woodward and start actually taking advantage of their power, we’ll be up against it once again.

In the meantime though, we grow in “power” ourselves πŸ˜‰

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Editor
                            Keymaster

Sad to see Herrera leave Utd but reports say he’s getting 300k a week at PSG. No bloody wonder we didn’t keep him on. No way is he worth that, albeit that hasn’t stopped us before!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              steveosnakeeye
                              Participant

way to much money for a very average player, only thing sets him apart at united is he actually turns up every match and puts a shift in really, it says more about united than him as any kind of special player, he will do a good job but not worthy of Β£300k! thats the thing with “free” transfers it can shaft the wages and make it seem a lot when in reality its still less spend than paying Β£40m and then a smaller wage…

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                nine nine nine

Players wages are bonkers but without a wages cap which is illegal nothing can be done about it as Stevo says free transfer players get too negotiate even sillier wages because no transfer fee is involved hence Ramsey earning Β£400k pw at Juve.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  sean the sailor
                                  Participant

Herrera was one of the few players who looked like he cared. Hated playing againest him but runout was he was looking for a 4 yr deal on 300k and he’s 30

Can’t believe utd gave jones a new contract

Runout hazard has to put in transfer request as Chelsea and Madrid can’t agree fee. Rumour fee 86m

Zaha wants to leave palace.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    nine nine nine

Sean, I doubt Hazard has put in a transfer request he wants to leave on good terms but he has seemingly told the Club he wants to go. It will happen after the EL Final and once all the haggling over a fee has been decided. Good luck to him can only wish him well.

And a front three of Pulisic Abraham and CHO looks very exciting to me for next season.

Bring back Mount, Zouma and Reece James and we’re ready to rumble.?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Chucky McChuckface
                                      Participant

Somebody is going to have to explain to me the difference between “telling the club he wants to go” and “putting in a transfer” request…. πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        sean the sailor
                                        Participant

I said it’s a rumour that he will have to put in a transfer request nine. I didn’t say it was true. You never really hear of players putting in transfer requests anymore so I doubt it will happen

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          steveosnakeeye
                                          Participant

i want to go = id very much like to play for my boyhood club in sunny spain please if thats ok

transfer request = i dont want top play for you anymore so let me go or i down tools like i did for 2 seasons πŸ˜‰

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 1,517 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.