Home Community General Football Spurs Stadium

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

So i’ve been reading on the other place how people feel about this and seen a few people from here giving an opinion. people suggesting huge fines, compensation for fans and points deductions but why are people so outraged? apart from city fans (who should be compensated) so far, who has this affected? the fans being screwed the most are spurs fans. last season spurs also paid to play the whole of this season at wembley as a contingency plan in case the stadium wasnt ready. the problem is the wembley event organisers assumed spurs would be fine and booked events for when spurs could be playing there which is causing problems. spurs have already paid for the hire of the stadium but have been screwed over. dont get me wrong, i think the whole thing is a total farce. there was no chance it was going to be ready and levy and co. announcing it would be open in september was nothing short of disgraceful. but how has it affected anyone else? the only fixture moved is city. for everyone else hotel bookings wouldnt change. train tickets wouldnt need to change. wembley is literally a few miles down the road. seen lots of suggestions for punishments but no actual reasons why people are annoyed.

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      nine nine nine

The fines and points docked calls elsewhere Paxton are just silly inter club rivalry.

Best solution imo is for Spurs to spend this Season at Wembley and move to the new ground from next Season when all the problems have been ironed out.

But obviously that depends on Wembley being able to accommodate Spurs which I’m sure they could with a bit of tweaking ie the City game being moved from a Sunday to a Monday.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Anonymous

999 – i get that but i’m not worried about a solution. i agree that spurs should take up the option to play the entire season there. i’m curious as to why people are so angry when the only fans so far that have been affected are spurs and man city. as i said its not like wembley is a major inconvenience for people travelling to north london anyway. if anything its easier to get to.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          nine nine nine

Pax, me neither mate its just an unfortunate situation imo and certainly not what Spurs were planning or wanted but these things happen on building projects of this size. But give some fans the opportunity to dig another club out and that’s what they do.

It would have probably have been worse were it Chelsea and not Spurs. πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Big Jim
            Participant

Little bit surprised that City agreed to play the game on the Monday after an American football game and just before a league cup game. Wonder what the pitch will be like? Lol. I agree pax, the only people it really affects are those fans Spurs and City that were are going to the game. I am not one of them. I would be a little cheesed off if I had paid for train tickets and hotel for the weekend and now could not go. I think Spurs should pay any fan City or Spurs compensation if the fan can prove that was the case. Monday night is a harder trip obviously. But as always the fans are the last people to be considered by any club. First game of the season my Season card didn’t work my daughter’s did. It took me and thousands of other blues an hour to get in the stadium. I missed welcoming the team onto the pitch and the first 24mins of the game. No one on the day cared at all no one came out to explain or apologise. Bit different I suspect if I had been a hospitality fan. Since then I have had a phone call and an apology after I emailed City. Such is life

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Chucky McChuckface
              Participant

Is it just me or is there a lack of this, dare I use the word “nonsense”, when fixtures are moved around for TV? I don’t seem to remember chaps getting their knickers in a knot, calling for points deductions and being sent to bed with no supper.

Have to admit it has been a shambles, that’s for sure!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                nine nine nine

“Levy has f****d up big time ,the buck stops with him and rightly so .If we have to compensate other clubs we should suck it up and pay them.I turned down a season ticket due to an upcoming operation but I know THFC are repaying season ticket holders game by game amounts , what a f*****g farce .
                  We should play at Wembley if that is an option and open the ground when it is completed for the 19/20 season.
                  I can’t for one minute see Spurs getting top 4 or even a Europa place in what should have been a season to remember , nice one Baldy.”

The above are the views of Shinehead a life long Spurs fans and a very decent lad and longtime poster on TT

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Chucky McChuckface
                  Participant

Does somebody want to tell the puppy? LMAO!!!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Adlab
                    Participant

Building is always difficult. If there is an issue then the timescale for this season was too ambitious.
                      I think that at the very least opposition fans should be compensated for changes eg refund/free tickets.
                      Further, the EPL need to take this matter properly in hand. How is a matter of conjecture.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Anonymous

turf being installed. not sure how things are behind the scenes or with the internals but its looking good! all cranes are out which is a good thing!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Brian blue
                        Participant

It has been shambolic management by Spurs. Spurs fans are the ones to be upset most about it. This will have cost somebody or will have in the future, delays always means extra costs. Reminds me of the ever increasing numbers of HS2, at first it was 18 Billion then 26 Billion now said to be 57 Billion so realisticaly you can think of 200 Billion…for what? Somebody can get from Birmingham to London 15 minutes earlier? The North will never see it, spent up after Birmingham
                          Sorry to include that as a comaprison but in Spurs case, as mentioned it would have been better to play the season at Wembley from the start to finish The Stadium is looking good and it will be good to see

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Anonymous

brian – wont see me disagreeing. i think the handling of the situation has been a disaster and the full season should’ve been played at wembley – which is something spurs paid a lot of money to do. however, once it is finished no one will remember any of this bollocks.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            nine nine nine

Many who have bought a house from new could confirm that things never run to schedule Spurs/Levy were too optimistic but as Paxton rightly says it will all soon be forgotten once Spurs move in and it does look like a totally brilliant Stadium.

Poch says it will be finished by Christmas?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Big Jim
                              Participant

You just knew this would happen. Us trying to accomodate Spurs and that tight fisted disorganised twat Levy mean that other home games like Saints and Fulham now have to be moved.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Anonymous

Pitch complete. place looks fucking spectacular

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  nine nine nine

It does look spectacular it will be worth the wait.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Big Jim
                                    Participant

Yes fair plays stadium looks brilliant. I probably need to explain my any Levy rant of a few days ago. I had just booked a table for clients at the Etihad after confirming numbers and the Saints game gets changed to a Sunday. Now struggling to get in touch with a couple to see if they can do Sunday. Just bloody annoying.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Anonymous

Delayed even further. At least until January but probably beyond then.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Brian blue
                                        Participant

Paxton…how can they get it so wrong???? I am not particularly blameing Spurs but somewhere along the way they must have had regular project meetings. It sounds as if somebody is cashing in on the building of this ground, delays…..more money…who pays???

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Chucky McChuckface
                                          Participant

With regards to the stadium issues, I’m going to guess to people who won the various tenders have deliberately underbid with regards to “delivery” aspects as that was a key factor in all the tenders, having built in the all L/D charges in their bid in the first place. Most L/D clauses have maximums, so once they’ve been reached there’s basically Jack Shite Levy or anybody can do. I suspect it’s reached that stage, there are no more penalties to be given to the contractors so the contractors aren’t losing any more money… ergo don’t really care any more…

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 60 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.