Home Community Liverpool Southampton's Lemina

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    mwake
    Participant

Well, Match of the Day did a post-match focus on (our future player lol) 18m buy from Juventus Lemina. Got to say he looked really good, looks genuinely strong in defense and clever and wily in the attack.

I know its only one game but you could use it as an argument to suggest Liverpool are sometimes terrible at spotting decent center midfield players lately. Obviously, Keita goes without saying but everyone knew about Keita!!

I struggled to understand Winaljdum to be honest and still don’t know what value he brings. He’s a good player but to me, he seems like a slightly better version of Joe Allan and that isn’t a compliment. then you see the price we paid for Winaljum and you could argue we overpaid…

I hope Ox does get better and I think as others said he should have started instead of Milner against Burnley. But we paid 35 million for Ox and there are some that are saying that was too much too. Don’t get me wrong I back Ox to come good but maybe we should spend 35 million on the scouting system that Southampton use to find the gems that they consistently unearth.

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Hightown hope

Like you mwake, I can’t really understand the signing of Ox. He’s a good player, and has the potential to get better, but he’s just not what we needed, unless he is seen as the repalcement for Can if he goes next summer to Juve.

As each game passes, it makes Klopp’s decision not to buy a centre back in the summer even more baffling. If one accepts that each team needs 4 centre backs on their books and of those four centre backs, one has to be the leader of the back 4, like Carra and Hyypia were, one is the ball player who can carry the ball out of defence and start an attack moving, like Hansen, Agger or even Matip, one is the first reserve who can cover either of the first choice positions, and the final one is expecting to only start cup games, maybe 5 or 6 games a season. I would argue that at Liverpool currently we have a No. 2 center back in Matip, a No.3 centre back in Lovren and 2 No. 4 centre backs in Klavan and Gomez. The problem we have is that Matip is first choice, Lovren is second choice and Klavan, through no fault of his own is a first reserve. If Klopp had made up with Sakho, he could have been our defensive leader whose sole priority is to give blood in keeping the ball out of the net or of course if we hadn’t cocked up thhe signing of VVD.

And it pisses me off when I listen to people saying that one new defender won’t sort Liverpool’s defensive issues. No, it won’t, but it’s a bloody start, isn’t it? Klavan nor Lovren are good enough, and therefore Matip is struggling also as he lacks confidence in his partner. FFS, Jurgen keep the same 2 centre backs as much as possible so that they can at least get used to each other.

Soory, mwake, have gone a little off topic here!

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.