Home Community General Football Solskjaer Announced on 3 year deal

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 92 total)
  • Author
    steveosnakeeye
    Participant

Happy united lads?

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Chucky McChuckface
      Participant

I am…

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Nike19
        Participant

From a non-United fan point of view, I’m delighted for Ole.

A very likeable bloke and he is humble and Professional. If you look at the overall big picture of Micky Phelan and backroom staff, this honestly would be my first choice.

Pogba’s been different gravy under Solksjaer. The players are competitive, but what I notice under this guy is that they are inclined more in being happy and humble.

I liked for example how they shaked hands with every Liverpool player and Manager after our 0-0 draw.

Good luck to the Guy I would say.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          steveosnakeeye
          Participant

i like the fella but i hope he crashes and burns in a spectacular fashion 😉

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Editor
            Keymaster

Am I the only Utd fan who thinks this is stupid?! What have we got to gain from announcing this now. What if the last game was the start of a terminal decline? They could easily have let him finish the season and decide whether he’s worth a shot. Expect a poor performance now at the weekend! In fairness, I don’t have an idea of an alternative (aside from Allegri) but there was absolutely no point doing this now

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              nine nine nine

Wish Ole all the very best. It’s a tough gig and much tougher than being the interim Manager.

I agree with the Ed re leaving it until the end of the season but once Pochettino had talked himself out of it the options were very limited.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Chucky McChuckface
                Participant

Can’t believe I’m not butter… I mean I’m agreeing with SteveBuffyKeeye!! I’ll be eating snails next.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  steveosnakeeye
                  Participant

maybe to attract players for the summer by them knowing who will be in charge? and keeping senior players like Pogba?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    nine nine nine

Think you’re right Stevo it helps the planning process and United will be quite active in the Summer transfer market.

I can see them as title challengers next season if they buy right.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      steveosnakeeye
                      Participant

im not so sure myself 999, firstly they have not “bought well” for a hell of a long time, they have also just renewed a whole bunch of contracts for very poor or average players like Jones

they still need to get rid of a lot of deadwood they havent yet renewed if they can and keep the very few real stars worth keeping such as Pogba and De Gea and they will want wages like Sanchez, i do think they will go and spunk a load of dosh in the summer, but the current climate of a CB costing Circa £70m, Keepers over £100m etc, even a solid £250m budget wont strecth far and that IF they identify and get the right players!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        Anonymous

“Am I the only Utd fan who thinks this is stupid?!”

I logged in specifically to say how stupid this is and judging by our previous discussions, I KNEW you’d be saying this kind of thing.

I’ve gone on and on before about this so I’ll try and keep it short and just say that the board at Utd have got to go. Utd’s honeymoon phase is over and as impressive as it is, manager are made when they can pick a team up and get them back on track.

What the lads in charge at Utd have done is take a fantastic FREE opportunity to get the real info on Ole… and they’ve wilfully squandered it.

I am not one to call for people to be sacked. I give managers a retarded amount of time but I will just say that if this were my club and I put them in charge to run things.. and they did this.. I’d fire them all on the spot.

I’ve no love for Utd but I do have respect for them. This actually pisses me off and I’m not entirely sure why. They have no idea how to run and club and if they do become a title winning side again, it’ll be the money that they smash on the walls and dumb luck combining.

It’s possible, in fact it’s just plain likely that they will eventually get it right by accident. Having the ability to spend 100’s of millions on players improves your odds dramatically but jesus, they aren’t half making it hard on themselves.

Disgrace.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          Editor
                          Keymaster

Completely agree Steveo

I’m also not comfortable with rival fans thinking Ole is “actually alright”. Utd are by far the most hated club in the country amongst non-Utd fans and I’m of the opinion that a certain amount of arrogance and ruthlessness is necessary to succeed at a club where anything but continued success is failure. Rival fans are supposed to think our manager is a bit of a tw*t.

Chucky, can’t you dig out a story from somewhere which alleges Ole has punched a child or something else which turns rival fans against him?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            maverick1973
                            Participant

I am with Ed on this one,why not wait till the end of the season? The vampire slayer from Essex is spot on,United are light years behind challenging for the title! Buffy from Essex,players like DDG & Pogba dont just want Sanchez-like wages,they want to play for Real Madrid it seems,and with the chance of winning a trophy or 2 during their careers.And who can blame them for wanting that…

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              maverick1973
                              Participant

Happy united lads? What abous us,sexy ladies??? Dont we get a saying on this??

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                Editor
                                Keymaster

Spot on Mak

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  Chucky McChuckface
                                  Participant

The only bad story about OGS I can find relates to the last time he was a manager without a blank checkbook in the Prem, when he was at Swansea apparently, where by he had to manage without hundreds of millions of pounds worth of players, along with some questionable stories from Norway questioning loyalty issues and he secret desire to shag pickled herrings when the mood takes him.

On a semi-vaguely serious note, still think he’s simply had an impressive “New-Manager” Bounce, that is all, and I’m not suggesting he’ll be fired by Christmas, but I will be surprised if they’re in the TOP 4 come next year… he may have one 14 from 19, but there was more than a couple of games I saw where I thought YooUtd were riding their luck a bit, rather than simply being “brilliant”… time will tell!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                    maverick1973
                                    Participant

I thought it was Cardif,not Swansea,Kylie???

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                      Editor
                                      Keymaster

Chucky, I realise you don’t see all our games so your view will be skewed but we’ve definitely had as much misfortune as fortune under Ole. All in all though, I’ve no complaints whatsoever about the job he’s done so far. I actually don’t think anyone could have done any better with this set of players. But that’s beside the point. As Mak suggested, it’s coming back from a poor result or a poor spell and picking the players up from that which defines how good a manager is. We’re now coming into that season defining period where we’ll get to see what he’s made of and they’ve massively wasted the chance to do just that by announcing it now.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                        Chucky McChuckface
                                        Participant

It was in Whales, west of Watforjd, who really cares about the small stuff! 🙂

Steady Eddy, I’ll be the first to admit I don’t watch all the YooUtd games, only the Spuds one and that one occassion I fell over and hit my head on the remote control and couldn’t be arsenaled to get back up and change it… but like I said, the stats speak for themselves and the game is played on grass (when Goosey Lucy isn’t smoking it). I quite like Simba, certainly not my most favorite YooUtd player I would like to see get his testicles caught in a mangle, that’s for sure.

But it is YooUtd, Top of Banjo’s Teams He Loves To Watch Lose table… 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Editor
                                          Keymaster

Also, if we have all of a sudden abandoned the plan to get in a Director of Football, how amateurish does that make us look? One decent caretaker spell and we do a complete turnaround on a strategy which was supposed to have been long thought out and carefully planned. 5 managers will have been employed in 5 years under Woodward. This is surely the last roll of a dice from him. He’s now done the whole list:

– Elite manager who’s managed at the very top and massively experienced. Check

– Scottish manager proven over many years to be able to plan things long term and get the most out of a modest budget. Check

– Class of 92 graduate. Check

– One of the most successful managers of modern times. Check

– Legendary player with a questionable record in management but a nice guy. Check!

Just no direction or strategy

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 92 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.