Home Community General Football Should football be still “taking the knee” or when should it cease?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Adlab
    Participant

I laud the aspirations of BLM but perhaps not the methods.
      Should this carry on forever or when should the taking the knee come to a conclusion. Also what would the reaction be if there were fans in given there would some idiots,

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      nine nine nine

Difficult subject which has caused all sorts of problems on the other site.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Shiney
        Participant

I consider myself very, very fortunate to have many Jamaican/African mates in the road I was born , at primary and secondary school , going drinking/ clubbing and working who are still close mates today.
          Most are now in their late 50’s or early 60’s & they and their kids still get stopped on the street, they still get blue lighted when driving for no apparent reason and still get abuse on the streets .
          When that stops so should taking the knee.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Anonymous

There are a lot of problem with the whole BLM thing. I think for a while we could see that people who didnt support the cause, were racists. As it developed though, it actually seems to have become a racist movement in itself.

I saw a video on Youtube where a group of BLM protesters entered a cafe area (outside) and I think they shouted for everyone to raise a fist for BLM. One couple didnt and they decended on them, shouting in their faces etc etc.

This is not what BLM SHOULD be.

That kind of shit is the other side of the “all lives matter” fence.

they are just racists and the BLM movement has this element behind it.

So, i will not support BLM as an organization. I will not support anything that ever demands support but I will back a cause that promotes the fight against discrimination.

As someone on reddit said “support the cause, fuck the organization” and thats how I feel about it.

————-

As for when should it stop? i don’t know. I am not massively in favour of everyone being expected to knee or whatever for anything. We should be allowed to express our views on the world. This is kinda enforcing an opinion upon players and Im uncomfortable with it, even if the message is generally favourable. This is just the way I am lads, we can believe in free speech when it suits us… but that isnt at all believing in free speech or the right to expression.

personally i hope we carry the anti-racist message forward but drop the now racist movement BLM.

it all just reminds me of the modern feminist movement. There is the fight for equality and then there is just pure bias. It doesnt solve a damn thing to push to extremes.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Adlab
            Participant

I agree much of what you say

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Brian blue
              Participant

Cannot argue with any of that Mak, very much my sentiments. The question was asked, then a response made. I have no doubt there are people in hidden corners exploiting this I love my country but it is being taken away from me

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Nike19
                Participant

This underlying concept is about Equality and Inclusion.

In the workplace yesterday, I completed some training modules as awareness continues to be raised. It’s centered on Inclusion and not showing discrimination but more about acceptance.

Football really is a great platform and this being a popular sport worldwide can beam projection, so I think going forward in the future, the Message projected should be centered about All Walks Of Life Pulling Together.

Football Assembling as One Community.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  nine nine nine

“All Walks Of Life Pulling Together.” Amen to that Nil.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    Anonymous

Very well put there now in fairness, Nil.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      Anonymous

If I offer my honest opinion on this subject, I would say all lives matter regardless of the race, privilege, religion or any other status. an that fact that all of the human species came from Adam and Eve is proof that no one has superiority over others.

But in any set up in this world, there will always be flaws, and due to the flaws in the governance set up a in the world during the 19 and 20th centuries, there were some groups that haven’t been equal to others. but credit to where it’s due, in the decades that followed, the world have taken notice of this, and some efforts were made to bring equality and that is rightly, but that shouldn’t be at the expense of other groups or races. all human beings are created equal.

Football has taken this equality thing very seriously, and I appreciate that the world has realised this. I understand there may be those who may not be happy with BLM, and they have their right. I won’t say, that group or movement is perfect, and some of their actions could be called into question.
                        but people need to look at what the movement stands for and not the actions of some minority. it’s not about this race versus that race issue. it’s equality for all regardless of your race, religion, sexual orientation, or gender, your status in life should be determined by your competency and merit.

And hopefully, people find common ground. and Football seems to be that common ground that unites people of all races, religions, genders and sexuality. and I’m pleased to say that the footballing world is taking every allegation of discrimination very seriously.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        Anonymous

I agree much of what you say

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          Anonymous

Young Blue… Really… Creationism? I cant Adam and eve you’ve plonked that in a football forum. 🤘

For those of you not humming hymns in god frequency, BLM movement in UK should test UK law as defined in the equality act 2010. A rather fine piece of govt legislation that can be read here.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/equality-act-2010-guidance

Every single professional soccer club, large and small business in the UK will be affected by the criteria laid out in it.

Other than taking a knee, what could players do to show their support? BAME players could club together to hire lobbyists in Westminster and seek to change or improve the 2010 legislation, they could set up a legal fund/ charity for those who cannot represent themselves in court in cases where discrimination is alleged to have taken place, they could provide support to education facilities in inner urban areas or donate to keep them open through corona. Anyone know a player doing this past or present? If so, lets congratulate them on here for being awesome individuals. And of course they can continue to take a knee before a game.

And this is where I dip my hat in the direction of a young gentleman Called Mr Rashford who plays at United… A legend in the making on and off the pitch, best of luck to him for working to better the lives of all children. Thats what you call a roll model, hope he has an outstanding season for united and England… Sometimes you just need to stand by and watch others take the lead and support the things they do….

And my own thoughts on BLM = #justice&equalityforall

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            Nike19
                            Participant

Well put Young Blue, particularly the second last paragraph.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.