Home Community Non-Football Saturday Evening Roll Call

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 89 total)
  • Author
    Pagan
    Participant

All,

Currently we’re going through a situation that no one has experienced before and it will affect us all differently.

Currently both Brian and Park Lane are going through really difficult times and I’m sure we all sympathise with them and wish them well.

I think a thread that all on here can just check into once a week, and even if they don’t really feel like contributing could just either like or reply with a thumbs up, or if they want just say what they’re doing to get through this, which may help others is a good idea……Pagan

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Chucky McChuckface
      Participant

Working my way through NETFLIX and signed up to that http://www.masterclass.com website, which is not bad at all. Catching up with some reading, and a bit of writing, and pretending to actually do some work as well. Not fun with a house full, but I know I’m not the only one in that boat. Regular walks in the evening (the in-laws have a bit of land out in the wilderness with a nice little forest in it!)… and I suppose as it’s all home-cooked and relatively healthy, I’ve even managed to lose a few pounds too.

I would say I’m very lucky (touch wood) and the only thing I’m really having to deal with is frustration about being stuck indoors more than usual…

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        maverick1973
        Participant

Everybody is struggling as its a worldwide situation,but got to try and stay strong & hope it wont last much longer.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          sean the sailor
          Participant

Have a routine set.

I’m
            A mad planner and thought I would go off my rocker but actually enjoying working from home (less pressure as not in the office)

Do my cousins online class every day. Jog aswell so come ten o clock I’m ready for bed

Bring kids on a walk. Trying not to watch tv before 5pm.

Watching a bit of deadliest catch. Also warning murder mountain in Netflix. On episode 8 of ozark.

Currently having a watch party with a few mate and having a few beers.

Weather has been lovely here so been chilling out the back.

My dads bday 78 today. They are cocooned but we dropped a card up and shipping up, kept our distance while they stood at their door

They miss the grandkids badly.

I’m lucky no one really close or around me has lost anyone yet. Fingers crossed for everyone out there.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Pagan
            Participant

To be fair I’m really fortunate, still going in to work everyday, the Mrs. Is working from home, the eldest is furloughed and the youngest has finished school.

Really missing the grass roots sports though, that took up most nights and both Saturday and Sunday, but that’s nothing to what a lot of people are going through.

TV wise, currently watching Inside No.9, which is strangely addictive, not really a TV person so I have loads to catch up with.

Take care all…..Pagan

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              nine nine nine

Missing the family especially the Grandchildren but we’re all keeping connected via What’s App and Zoom which is a help.

The weathers been kind and my wife and I have spent a good while relaxing in the garden which is a bit of a sun trap.

Taking the Dogs out every day is a nice break but my back went on Thursday so I haven’t been out since Wednesday. I can’t go until I can manage to bend down and pick the poo up again .?

Hopefully by Monday!

I’m a bit freaked out by the fact that I have to the Hospital for morning and afternoon appointments on the 29th but unfortunately it’s got to be done.

Thank goodness for my Wife and my Guitars. Stay safe all and God Bless to you and your families. Take care 9’s

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                sean the sailor
                Participant

Funny thing is I don’t miss the football at all. No idea why. Just surreal what’s going on at the minute but I’m used to it now.

I don’t watch any football. No plays backs. Cancelled sky etc. Rarely read any football news. When it comes back I’m sure my love for football will return but i really rarely even think about it

It’s going to a long time before we see football again. No reason to read any stories about supposed return dates, closed doors, voiding season etc as no one had any idea how long this is going to go on for.

I’ve heard the constant negative string about everything from all over the place. Not for me. I’m positive about the future and looks forward rather then read or listen to the complete shite the papers, sky etc are churning out when they have no idea what’s happening

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  Chelsea1967
                  Participant

Testing on the relationship but we survive. One Restaurant (in a highly populated beach suburb going well even without dining in but the other really bad as it is located in a suburb where wealthy older people live so a bit of a battle even breaking even. Football used to be what got me through the week. A bloody big void. Strangely all our horse, harness and greyhound racing is going ahead without interruption just no public admittance so I watch some of that from time to time on pay TV. Walking about 15 km every day so the health doing well. Dropped close to 10 kilos the last 6-8 weeks.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    Oz Yob
                    Participant

G’day all, hope everyone is going well, I haven’t been on for a while so just saying hello. I’m much like Sean and haven’t really given football a second thought. Truth be told I’d pretty much lost interest prior to this terrible virus so nothing really changed much on that front.
                      As for the restrictions across the world, we are going a lot better here in Oz than most countries but unfortunately still losing lives. Talk is over here they will be looking at easing some aspects of the restrictions in a month or so if we keep going like we are so hopefully they can do it safely.
                      I’m absolutely hanging for an outlet with no surf or jet skiing allowed at the moment due to being an hour and a half from the coast and not being able to travel anywhere but I guess we can count ourselves fortunate that is all we have on our plate. I’ve lucky as I’ve got a home gym set up and run the dogs regularly, as well as ride the bike with a mate so at least I have some sort of outlet.
                      Anyhow take care everyone and hopefully we can get back to a normal sort of life in the near future with no more lives being lost.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      sean the sailor
                      Participant

Hi oz, glad to hear you are doing well

Oz seems to be combating the problem really well. 3 weeks and everything could be nack to normal

They took the right actions and the curve has flattened hugely in the last few weeks.

I admire New Zealand’s prime minister I have to say. She’s done a wonderful job

It’s so strange how used to this I am now. I haven’t got fed up. I miss certain things but we are in week 6 here in Ireland with some kind of restrictions.

I train, work, loads of family time etc.

I found the first few weeks tougher. It is what it is. People say everyone is in the same boat but are we?

I’m lucky that I get paid a full wage. I’m not a business owner. Some people out there are worried for their businesses etc. There’s a good chance I could be made redundant in June but I’ll deal with that if it happens. 16 years there. I’m fine with it. What will be will be.

Stay safe mate.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        Chucky McChuckface
                        Participant

June is D-Day for a lot of people with regards to work. I’ve noticed a real drop off in my “inbox” over the last 10 days or so, especially the last 5. Pretty sure my company will be letting poeple go or putting them on “part-time” or something like that come the summer months. Hopefully, due to the time I’ve been there and their “last-one-in-first-one-out” policy I should be okay. It’s bloody annoying I had to take the loan out just before Christmas when my house almost feel down… that’s going to feel even more expensive…

But it could be worse I suppose… I mean, I could have been born a Goonie! 🙂

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          Oz Yob
                          Participant

Sean great attitude to have mate, I hope you and others can somehow keep your jobs. I’m lucky as the wife & I are both classed as essential services so we’ve managed to keep our jobs. Our 18y/o daughter has a job at a major supermarket so she’s working a lot as well.
                            We have done well in Oz but the drop in restrictions won’t be much of a drop & we certainly won’t be free of them. I’m hearing it’ll mainly be schools opening up again and some minor reductions in the restrictions but make no mistake we will still be far from resuming normal life.
                            Stay safe champion & hopefully we will have some luck with cures or immunisations in the near future.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            Oz Yob
                            Participant

Hope you keep your job chuckster, friends of ours literally gutted their house to renovate & they are both now without income ( they both have small businesses) and are struggling to get contractors to do the rebuild for them. The sooner this bloody thing is gone the better.
                              Even worse still Mate you could be a manc or a bitter bluenose.
                              Take care bud.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              Chucky McChuckface
                              Participant

Was going to sign of with Micky Mouser but those lot up Norff can be a bit special sometimes… 🙂

This thing effects so many people in so many different ways, and some a lot more serious than others obviusly. Seem to be spending most of my days saying to myself it could be a lot worse! And then spend too much time looking at bloody Netflix… should really be using the time to do things a bit more productive!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                Chucky McChuckface
                                Participant

Saturday Evening Roll Call Part II and it’s pretty much the same as Part I… just like any Fast and Furious movie… no real sign to when things are going to get back to normal (whatever that is these days!), things were supposed to go back on May 17th over here, but they’ve already said schools through to the end of May which is the beginning of Summer Holidays anyway (I’m thinking the logic was “What’s the point for opening them for 2 weeks?”) but no idea about the office. The weather has got a bit better here too, seen a few more people out and about as usual but nothing like “pre-C” days.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  Pagan
                                  Participant

Well Saturday has flown round, another week at work done.

Been at the cricket club most of the day, cutting the grass and hedges, back there tomorrow to put up a new notice board and patch up the nets until the new ones are fitted. May take the kids down midweek for a net session, it’s a private club so no problems with social distancing.

It was good to hear from Brian earlier in the week, he’s had a tough time, but he seems a tough cookie. Hope Parkie is ok too and bearing up to his situation.

Take care every one, stay strong and healthy….Pagan

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                    nine nine nine

The weather has made a difference it will be tougher to cope with when that turns from Monday. Managed to get a delivery slot for the weekly shopping which has been a plus I don’t want to chance going to the Supermarket every week.

Walking the dogs is the highlight of the day.

Our “Clap” every Thursday is good for morale in our road everyone comes out my pal who plays the Guitar and lives across the road brings out his portable amplifier and his wife plugs her mike in and sings a couple of Songs and we all join in after the “Clap”.

I’ve got a day at the Hospital on Wednesday which I would prefer not to have but it’s got to be done.

Badly missing the family especially the Grandchildren we’ve never not seen them for this long Zoom helps but it’s not the same.

But at the end of the day it’s all about staying safe above everything else.

Take care All and Stay safe. 9’s.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                      Pagan
                                      Participant

Has anyone heard from The Ed?…..Pagan

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                        Chelsea1967
                                        Participant

Same with Mak – he hasn’t been on here for nearly three weeks from what I can see and we know he was toughing it out. Thoughts go out to Mak.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Chucky McChuckface
                                          Participant

Saturday Roll Call III

Another week of what an only be described as tedium boredom. Did go to the office on Thursday (needed to use the printers/scanners!), but there were only 4 people there (normally around 35/40) so plenty of space. Still walking in the evening, reading & writing, but not as much as before. I think it’s starting to get to me a little bit. Could be a million times worse, I’m fully aware of that, but really want some sort of “normality” back. They’re talking about opening the schools on the 14th, but schools finish for the summer on the 30th a lot of parents (including the boss) has pretty much said bugger that, back in August when the schools officially open after the summer hols.

Would love to go to a shopping centre or something, maybe a movie, a couple of pints while watching some footy, walk around in town. This whole “Did I really need to go out?” and if/when I do, avoiding people as much as possible, is getting frustrating…

Anyway, cyber hugs to all, we’ll get there in the end… whenever the end will be.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 89 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.