Home Community General Football Sarri Sacked!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    nine nine nine

According to Sky in Italy Sarri has been sacked by Juve.

Two trophies with two different Clubs in two seasons feel for him.

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      steveosnakeeye
      Participant

Looking a bit deeper maybe more was expected? Certainly at juve …. they have spent a huge amount of money and aren’t really challenged domestically….. some of the purchases have not been good enough either… not sure if that’s down to him or the club tho
        But at the very top teams in each country expectations are so high what looks like success is often seen as failure

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        nine nine nine

Puts a spoke in the Jorginho to Juve strategy.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          nine nine nine

Pochettino allegedly on Juve’s wish list?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Editor
            Keymaster

Logical move for Poch. He desperately needs a trophy and he’s almost guaranteed one there. Also unlikely that a big PL job will become available for him soon. Only other job for him would be Barca but he’s already said he wouldn’t go there.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Mikus LFC
              Participant

Or Allegri will go back.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                nine nine nine

“Juventus have reportedly contacted Mauricio Pochettino about taking over as boss, following the sacking of Maurizio Sarri. The Italian has been relieved of his duties following the club’s departure from the Champions League to Lyon.”??? Daily Express 8/08

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Editor
                  Keymaster

It’s a strange time in the PL. Usually there’s one of the big jobs you could imagine will be free in the near future but all roles look relatively secure for now. That of course means the likes of Poch and Allegri might favour a move to Turin rather than stick it out.

I’m sure both would rather a PL job though now. Allegri going back would be career suicide. What more could he achieve there? A CL maybe but I think they’re some way off being ready for that

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Mikus LFC
                    Participant

It must be a difficult one for Allegri Ed. But if he doesn’t get a job for the season ahead, that’s then two seasons out of football for him which is unusual. You’d think he’d want a job in the PL but a problem I think that he’s up against is the changing culture of football both on the pitch and financially. Clubs are tending to follow the likes of Guardiola of possession and attacking based football – a significant reason I think why Arsenal installed Arteta, and partly why Chelsea went for Lampard. Allegri, though I’m sure he has undoubted winning qualities in setting up mentally strong teams, is more defensive. So you look at it, and purely out of a marriage of convenience, I could see him going back, perhaps as a short term strategy whilst he waits for another position to come up in a similar way that Mourinho is in a marriage of convenience at Spurs. Just not sure out of the top clubs who would go for him even if there was a vacancy though, as mad as that might sound. Years ago, you could have seen Chelsea going for him. But as I say, the culture has changed. He could still get a job here, but you sense he’s now thought of as more of a second choice.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      nine nine nine

Agree with the Ed there’s nothing really in the PL for Allegri or Pochettino currently there could have been had the Newcastle takeover gone through or if Barca went for Bielsa say that might open up a role albeit not quite at a Club of the financial clout they might like.

United and Chelsea aside currently money seems even tighter in Italy than in the PL with the top Clubs in Italy seemingly looking for loan deals or bargain signings and it might be difficult to build a CL winning side under those conditions which is Juve’s ambition.

I wonder if Pochettino might regret ruling himself out of the Barca job because it might possibly come up after Barca finish their CL campaign and I would say he’s a great fit in both language and football philosophy.

All very interesting and where does Sarri go now too?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Editor
                        Keymaster

Good points Mikus and Nine. I do think the Poch quote about Barca needs to be taken with a pinch of salt though.

Here was what Cesc said when at Arsenal about never playing for another English club ?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/8462698/Arsenal-captain-Cesc-Fabregas-I-will-never-sign-for-another-English-club-like-Fernando-Torres.html

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          steveosnakeeye
                          Participant

Thanks for that Ed ?
                            I was all for allegri before we got arteta, as we need(Ed?) someone to sort us our defensively… even if it did mean 1-0 to the Arsenal again ?
                            So far I’ve been proved wrong long may it continue though I worry for any manager at our club due to how it’s run

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            maverick1973
                            Participant

Surely Tuchel will get the sack very soon……

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              threeps
                              Participant

Pirlo?!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                steveosnakeeye
                                Participant

Apparently pirlo was in charge of juve under 23s … for about 2 weeks

What a player tho and should be respected

Seems giving untried former players is the new in thing

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Brian blue
                                  Participant

Stevo…it appears that is the way at the moment I do suspect though that there is limited choice on the “merry go round” so it was bound to happen. I think Arteta will do a good job given time and funding, same goes for Lampard. City will have there eyes on the future as well because Pep will be with us next season but after that he will be gone, although at the moment he has expressed some interest in extending his contract. We shall see. I hope Eddy Howe gets another chance soon as well

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    steveosnakeeye
                                    Participant

Totally agree about Eddie Brian
                                      As for arteta, I fear for him with our owners

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      nine nine nine

So it’s Pirlo for Juve.

He’s a Juve man be interesting.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Mikus LFC
                                        Participant

Is it not now getting to the point you could put a crash dummy in charge of Juventus and they’d still win the league?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Adlab
                                          Participant

I have a feeling Pep may stay longer than next season.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.