Home Community Non-Football Ryder Cup 2021 24 th September – 26th September Whistling Straits Wisonsin USA

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    nine nine nine

I can’t understand why both Captains don’t have 6 picks it’s like taking on the USA with one hand tied behind your back.

I don’t think leaving Rose will help us but with only 3 Captains picks Harrington had to pick 3 from 4 and Rose was very unfortunate to lose out just as he’s is beginning to hit some form too.

Be a massive task beating this US team they look amazingly strong, love the Ryder Cup though and whatever the outcome I can’t wait for it to start I’ll be glued to the TV.

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner

Chucky McChuckface
    Participant

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner

Brian blue
    Participant

I am a Ryder Cup fan as well. Agree, Rose should have been in the team, Rose is a very good matchplay golfer and his experience will be missed. I think it will be close match though.

PS. I was a rubbish golfer, very enthusiastic but rubbish. BUT. I could play matchplay reasonably well

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner

Brian blue
    Participant

Nine, the main reason I was rubbish is because I played right and left handed. My game off the tee was, eventually, better right handed, my short game better left handed. for a time I carried a split set of clubs around.. I still cannot make up my mind if I am right or left, however, since I no longer play it does not matter but if I was to walk up to a tee now, would probably take a left hand stance. I was a decent left handed putter though….it was just a matter how long it took me to get to the green!!!! Loved my golf, sad I can no longer play.

Chuky….sometimes the golf surroundings are so beautiful that you forget about playing, breathtaking views, sometimes a half way house where you can stop and have a drink of something…what is better than that, certainly beats any football ground refreshments, although I guess at Spurs, you have gone up market now and it is supplied by Harrods or Fortmun and Mason. Ha.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner

nine nine nine

Great post Brian left and right handed that’s an unusual one for sure. Loved the half way house. Great game to play but so frustratingggggggg!😊

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner

Pagan
    Participant

9, Brian, it’s not uncommon in cricket to be opposite handed for batting and bowling, the theory being the power for the shots should come from the top hand……….Pagan

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner

Brian blue
    Participant

Very true Pagan. I was a keen cricketer for many years playing in local leagues. I was Left handed with bat and ball. Could bat right handed but no good at right hand bowling. Tennis/table tennis. either hand was comfortable. Football. Left only.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner

Chucky McChuckface
    Participant

I’ve whacked the sticks a bit over the years, there’s nobody better than me at turning a 180 yard Par 3 into a 1400 Yard Par 12. πŸ™‚

Just stuck the clip up there cause it makes me larff!!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner

Brian blue
    Participant

Chuky…it made me laugh as well, the joke is probably older than me but always make me smile thinking of the many rounds in wind and and rain, when I thought, yes, some truth in that saying

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.