Home Community General Football Retrospective punishment.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 111 total)
  • Author
    Big Jim
    Participant

So Kane and Alli both got away with couple of really bad challenges on Sterling and KDB. To my mind Kanes was worse as he seemed to intentionally stamp on Sterling’s leg in a double movement. At the time Pawson was looking in the opposite direction so didnt actually see the contact, but he guessed and gave Kane a yellow. Should the FA review these decisions. Also Otamendi got a card for challenging for a high ball and hitting Kane in the face, I think this was accidental but did this deserve a red? Lanzini has also been charged with diving correctly imo. Should Rashford also be charged for simulating that he had been caught in the face yesterday when the West Brom player had only caught him in the chest.

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      nine nine nine

Jim, they won’t review decisions that have been seen by the Ref and a yellow card awarded.

Like you I thought the retrospective action on Lanzini for a dive was correct.

But the only reviews allowed currently as I understand it is a red card offence not spotted by the Ref and a dive. Cheers 999

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Big Jim
        Participant

So Demari Gray gets off with his dive last night! FFS This is why I hate football at times. It is run by a complete bunch of useless ****s. How will kids ever learn what’s right or wrong with faceless gutless twats in charge of the game.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Pagan
          Participant

I’ve written this before, the rewards for diving and falling over at the merest touch far outweigh the punishment, retrospective 2 game bans go some way to addressing the problem, fines may help if they’re severe enough, but which club will fine a player for getting them a winning penalty.

For me the only way to stop players doing it is to shame them, they should be publicly ridiculed for it by the media, Sky, BT and the BBC have the rights to the tv footage, pundits need to stop defending it, you know the lines, there was contact, he has the right to go down etc.

After the match interview the offending players, humiliate them a bit, we all know they have massive egos that need to be massaged, well dent those egos a bit….Pagan

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Big Jim
            Participant

Well pagan, I think that is all well and good but when the FA panel dont think he dived. When it was as blatant as last night. They are simply condoning cheating in my book.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Pagan
              Participant

Exactly Jim, that’s why the media need to step in, we can see it’s a dive, but the jobs for the boys brigade can’t, shame the players that do it, shame the pundits that defend it, shame the governing bodies that turn a blind eye.
                Seeing the way players go down holding various parts of their body that may or may not have been touched, it’s no wonder they get in fights when they’re out…Pagan

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Nike19
                Participant

If that Gray scenario morphed into a scenario where it was the last minute into injury time with Liverpool on the brink of clinching the title, then I would have no incline to put the world to rights. No matter how honest I am as a person, sometimes, you think, “what the hell”, which is how it felt in the eyes of being with the Leicester Supporters.

The same to a CL Final, or England. The same if it meant your team avoiding the drop or your team qualifying for a European spot.

If we are wanting to turn to the support of the media, there are folk out there already championing diving as ‘part of the game’. Jason Cundy being one of them. I like him though because he tells it being just him rather than Adrian Durham on his high horse for example.

The Moral Compass is purely down to how strong, vigilant and accurate the Ref is.

Some idiots out there do take it that step too far, but certainly on these boards or any other message boards over my time have I seen anybody come forward in naming a player of the team they support!

If there’s not that, then what hope do we have in so-called ‘equilibrium’???

P.S. Michael Thomas Offside hahaha πŸ˜€ πŸ™‚ Somebody alter time! I blame Barnesy for not hogging the ball on the corner flag to run down the clock – we could have been on 19 by now and only 1 behind Man U!

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by Nike19.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Pagan
                  Participant

NB, It’s an interesting handle of yours in this thread, maybe some players need to be sponsored No Balance….Pagan

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Chelsea.man
                    Participant

Now if that Pogba freekick wasn’t a dive, then i don’t know what is dive. Will the FA show some balls and charge him retrospectively?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      nine nine nine

Let’s face it all this calling out of opposition players for diving is pointless every club have players who dive point the finger on a Wednesday night and on Saturday or Sunday it will be one of your own who will go over too easily.

Retrospective action is the only way to deal with it unfortunately currently there has to be 100% agreement from a 3 man panel for a player to be charged with diving.

It will take time to get it right but going forwards perhaps a majority decision would be better.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Nike19
                        Participant

Pagan, in a mixture of trying to be level and giddy/slight frivolous.

There is good reasoning; This thread relates to another the consistency thread.

I was purely taking the opposite angle being that if the shoe was on the other foot where the so-called controversy bettered your team, I kid you not, there would be Roy Of The Rovers gigantic Picture Frames advertised on Ebay and nobody would care.

These are marginal instances whereby they can be perceived in either way. Personally, I don’t think Gray blatantly dived, but made the most of something from a soldier of an effort of a run, bravery and from the fall, he wanted to be rewarded.

Obviously, if decisions go against your own team week in week out, then you are singing a different tune, but how often does this happen to any football club?

If we want ‘Driving Examiners’, the 90 minutes will simply be a driving test that will add to the greed and the capitalism that has in my view overly occupied their own instalment to the game.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Pagan
                          Participant

999, it has to be made unacceptable to do, and carry a stigma with it.

Take Drink Driving, it’s now socially unacceptable and as such is less common

However speeding kills more than drink driving and we all do that….Pagan

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Nike19
                            Participant

Lol πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ Chelsea Man, swap Pogba with Drogba mate lol – soz, couldn’t help that one :-p

In stitches πŸ˜‰

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Pagan
                              Participant

Would like to see the Man U free kick again from behind the goal, will be interesting to see if the Bristol lad was pulled out of the wall….Pagan

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Chelsea.man
                                Participant

We are not talking about ex players. Amd if that was the case Suarez comes to mind.?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Pagan
                                  Participant

Chelsea.man, let’s try and keep this as a generic topic, not an individual witch hunt, NB was just having a laugh.

Football need to make it unacceptable to do, not unacceptable when you get caught…Pagan

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    nine nine nine

Chelsea through to the Semi Finals. Bris’ol putting in a magnificent effort and could well take United to extra time.

Brilliant experience at Ashton Gate for my Grandsons to see so many of the United stars on the pitch.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Nike19
                                      Participant

Chelsea Man, πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ™‚ I know! And you’re right. That’s why I’m not coming forward even now the length of time apart from Liverpool. Us brothers will show loyalty to our players mate because we recognised their genuine commitment and what they tried to deliver for us.

Nice one Pal πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Nike19
                                        Participant

Good luck Nine mate – hope you get the outcomes.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          nine nine nine

Pagan, as the bans become more common place and increase it will carry a stigma. But players will always try to on no matter who they play for.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 111 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.