Home Community Non-Football Retro TV

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

So just winding down this Sunday Evening; and nothing really exciting on the box. I’ve given up on the Snooker tonight; they just take forever to finish one frame and I can’t be done with the boredom.

Found myself watching Bullseye on Challenge – put a smile on my face.

It must be me just wired up this way, but just don’t really like anything on the box these days; could never get into Netflix; films I like really of old, so I guess I find myself immersed into Retro TV; even watched a bit of Gladiators from 1992!

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Pagan
      Participant

NB, you do really set yourself up don’t you, a Liverpool fan living in the past, get away….Pagan

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Nike19
        Participant

Charming Pagan, ha!

Yep, Mr live in the past FC, that’s me. And that’s how I’m built. I appreciate life and don’t take things for granted πŸ™‚

It’s a great feeling πŸ˜€

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by Nike19.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Pagan
          Participant

Sorry NB, but you did chip it up for me to nod in. I watch some of the old sitcoms, but don’t think I could do bullseye, and wasn’t a fan of gladiators when it was on the first time. However like most people, you always get stuck in the music time warp, and I’m no exception there…Pagan

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Nike19
            Participant

Haha, didn’t take to any offence to it at all my friend and always enjoy a good convo with yourself.

Ha, they were programmes I was a fan of as in the 80s. When I was a kid, we had Bullseye in our house and my Mum would put the kettle on for all of us.

My Brother loved Gladiators and had a Sticker Album πŸ™‚

Oh yes, as far as Music goes, I’m right with you there as Little Mix don’t even actually sing live when they are on stage (so I’m told).

Too much of a tech world I live in. Society has forgotten how to look people in the eye, smile and be polite at the very least. People now just stare down their Phones.

Can’t really see anything coming from Teresa May haha, so it’s up to me in life to adjust myself accordingly

πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              maverick1973
              Participant

Only fools and horses,TOTPs,Beverly Hills 90210,open all hours.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Pagan
                Participant

NB, have taken my eldest to see some of the bands he likes, does my head in, they’ve all got their phones out and are watching it on their phones as they film it. What happened to enjoying it?

…Pagan

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Nike19
                  Participant

Pagan, exactly.

I’ve been to a couple of Leicester games this season so far in the Kop and fortunately, some old skool sanity in the Kop being the Kop even at a newer stadia, but I would say momentarily, I’ve been guilty of taking my phone out.

That’s the key though, just in an odd moment here and there or if you are filming, be subtle about it.

Haha, seen that Phone stuff would you believe in an article Re Louise after her split from Redders (sadly).

She’s reprised herself back on the circuit, but believe her ‘fans’ look like Bouncers and old enough to be her Dad! πŸ˜€

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Nike19
                    Participant

Mav Top Shouts mate.

5:15 or around 5:45 on a Saturday, 90210 before Cilla’s Blind Date or Catchphrase.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Nike19
                      Participant

Hard to believe, but this was 1967 – couldn’t believe it! Wonderful and insightful πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Anonymous

They’ve done a good job remastering the colours to make it look a lot more modern.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Nike19
                          Participant

Everything just looks spectacular and there’s just an upbeat vibe. Maybe because of it being the summer πŸ™‚

I never knew Dolcis for example existed. Peter Lord certainly rings a bell.

You can’t beat the shops on the high-street and the amount of effort put in the dΓ©cor and window displays.

I’m just put off visiting shopping centres – you can’t even see broad daylight.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            paul powers tash
                            Participant

I remember Allsports from the high street.Bought my first of
                              (many pairs since) of Adidas Samba back in the 80’s.

I think they were about Β£25 back then.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Nike19
                              Participant

Paul, they’re like a pair of 501s mate timeless.

Samba’s black and blue are still trading at top prices Β£60-65.

I worked for a rival company to Allsports as a Saturday many years ago and one of the best ever jobs I was placed in – never had it so good to have the radio on of football commentary on a Saturday and selling pairs of trainers or football shirts.

Same interests mean the ability to strike up a conversation with anyone and practically getting paid to stand around and chat.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Nike19
                                Participant

London 1983

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.