Home Community Non-Football Reading and Leeds 2021

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

Liam is playing Tonight – can’t wait 🙂

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Anonymous

What?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Nike19
        Participant

Hope I’m not mistaken;

https://www.readingfestival.com/lineup#stages

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Anonymous

Ah right. I didnt realise this was in non-football 😉

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            nine nine nine

100,000 at Reading is bonkers given the current Covid situation!

5,000 on the beach in Newquay for the Boardmasters Festival a couple of weeks ago and there’s now a significant outbreak of Covid in Newquay!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              sean the sailor
              Participant

Crazy stuff nine. I keep hearing more people need to get vaccinated but I’ve heard of people who are double vaxed but are still getting quite sick.

People who are vaccinated can still spread it and are still getting sick so what good is it doing?

Numbers are still very very high in Ireland and England

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Luckydestiny
                Participant

I’m getting old now just looked at line ups for the festival and hardly know any of the acts. Two door cinema club I know, and of course stormzy but other than that I am lost!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by Luckydestiny.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  Pagan
                  Participant

Did Reading late 70’s to late 80’s, no festival 84 or 85 though. In those days it was a rock festival, but dirt of lost it’s way towards the end as it couldn’t make its mind up who it was catering for, thankfully though it’s survived and flourished, not something I’d go to now but it had to change to go on……..Pagan

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    Luckydestiny
                    Participant

I went 2006 mate, saw a few of my favourite bands and glad I went but never bothered with festivals since

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      nine nine nine

Wish I had gone to Glastonbury. I went to Hyde Park in 69 to see the Stones circa 500,000 there amazing experience because were so many there.

Attending Festivals now in the current circumstances shouldn’t be happening though!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        Nike19
                        Participant

Music now is out of sync – I must be getting old, ha!

Annie Mac recently left Radio 1 and she’s only 43. It’s just out of touch and music appealing to the current young generation to me is lame and I’m wondering what they are getting out of it.

I do agree with more measures that should be in place. It’s total ignorance with the packed crowd and literally no moving or breathing space.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          Pagan
                          Participant

If your kids like the same music as you, they’ve failed as teenagers……….Pagan

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            Luckydestiny
                            Participant

Nah its all different now pagan mate. When you had to pay top dollar to own a record you wouldn’t get much and would love what you had, you would also look for similar when spending on new music as nobody likes buying something they don’t like. I think that, and the social/ fashion aspect of growing up, created a tribalism which doesn’t exist as much now.

Youngsters these days mate have quite eclectic tastes. Their playlists will range from Dylan and stones to kanye West and Billie Eye lash 🙂 the unprecedented access to music allows people to try all genres whenever they want and its happened to me since I got on Spotify. I am listening to all sorts of music I never would have listened too before.

I do like the old way of the young creating culture counter to their parents and ultimately that’s what drove the evolution of music. But can’t create a counter culture anymore because there is no definitive culture to counter.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              Pagan
                              Participant

Lucky, they are creating their own culture, our generation was always controlled by the record companies and the music media. There’s a big difference between “the public gets what the public wants” and “the public wants what the public gets”

As for there’s no counter culture, that’s again our generation’s fault, we created too many of them and they became a much of a muchness, so much so that the youngsters don’t want to be pigeonholed, their counter culture is no tribalism………Pagan

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                nine nine nine

The Legends play on though and always will.

The Stones are just one example who are still packing them in almost 50 years later and playing to many different generations of fans.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.