Home Community General Football Premiership Goals as a teenager

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Hightown hope

I saw this stat today, and I bring it on here not as a dig at Marcus Rashford or Manchester United because I would love Rashford to be a Scouser, but…

Premiership goals as a teenager

Owen 46
      Fowler 35
      Rashford 13

I think these stats are relevant bearing in mind all the hype and high hopes following this years successful England youth teams. Will these kids get a chance to get 30 goals or more as teenagers…I very much doubt it. It just shows how much the Prem has changed in the last 20 years. I don’t know how old Rashford is, but he is the best of the current generation and he will get nowhere near that mark, i’m sure, because he won’t get the game time.

Solanke and Brewster are the best goal scorers of their age groups, and they won’t get more than 10 before they hit 20, I’ll bet! At least they won’t if they stay at Liverpool. Would love to be wrong, but I don’t think so

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      nine nine nine

Solanke,Brewster and Woodburn. All young strikers someone is going to be disappointed.?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Mikus LFC
        Participant

HH, for me that mid to late 90s era was when we had the best balance in the premier league between the best foreign talent and the best club youth talent. It’s clearly gone too far the other way now – some will say it’s better because we have the best talent now from the whole global pool of players. But would you say the premier league is now miles better than what it was entertainment & quality wise?? I wouldn’t say it necessarily was. We’ve lost a lot of club identity for me and it goes without saying that the England team has suffered as a consequence. I suspect over use of the loan system has also damaged the prospects of a lot of our best kids. We’ve sacrificed the soul of our game and I don’t think we’re better for it.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by Mikus LFC.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Hightown hope

Mikus…I’d agree. And if you really closely look at it, how many of the world’s absolute best actually play in the Premiership….Aguero, de Bruyne, Sanchez, de Gea, Pogba and maybe Coutinho. Sure it’s an exciting league now, but no more exciting than 25 years ago in my opinion

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            nine nine nine

And that Hazard is rubbish!?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Hightown hope

Sorry Nine…and Hazard!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                nine nine nine

Hightown, just joshing mate.?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  Chucky McChuckface
                  Participant

Still don’t understand the hype with Emoji-man… and I’m a bit baised, but no Kane?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.