Home Community General Football Prediction time. The top 7 2019/20

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    nine nine nine

This thread was put up on the Chelsea site by someone and is a bit of fun.

7th place was included to capture the up and coming PL teams.

Predict away as you desire and we’ll see who is most accurate at the end of the Season all choices can be amended up to Thursdays deadline to allow for major last minute transfers. ie Neymar to Arsenal on loan on Thursday morning for instance.?

Here’s my top 7.

1) Man City
      2) Liverpool
      3) Spurs
      4) United
      5) Arsenal
      6) Chelsea
      7) Leicester City

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Nike19
      Participant

Another Community Shield, pretty much secured for us for next year πŸ˜€ πŸ™‚

Just don’t tell Adlab πŸ˜›

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        nine nine nine

Nil, ha, ha, only if City do the Double get your predictions in. πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Nike19
          Participant

Okay πŸ™‚

1 Liverpool
            2 Man City
            3 Tottenham
            4 Chelsea
            5 Man United
            6 Arsenal
            7 Wolves

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Editor
            Keymaster

7th place was included to capture the up and coming PL teams.

Give over Nine. ? 7th place was included to ensure Utd still were involved!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Editor
              Keymaster

1) Man City
                2) Liverpool
                3) Spurs
                4) Chelsea
                5) Leicester
                6) United
                7) Arsenal (Everton will run Utd and Arsenal close)

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Mikus LFC
                Participant

Liverpool (1). For Liverpool, the motivation should still be high to go for the league. I still think Klopp was experimenting somewhat last season in finding the balance between being a bit more conservative and going for the press and the win. Indeed one might argue Klopp went a bit too conservative last season, as harsh as they might sound given how close it was. (In some ways Liverpool were half challengers and half champions last season). So you’d expect Klopp to have learned a bit more last season. So either Liverpool go for the press a bit more this season or they become more clinical (which is where City had the marginal edge on them last season). Or they do both. Do that, and luck with injuries, they can do it. Keita needs to have a big season (assuming we don’t bring anyone else in). Ox is a welcome return. Origi should only ever play up top, never on the wing. But Klopp does have an incredible charisma and humour about him, and that will continue to do wonders for the players and keep them fresh mentally. In contrast Guardiola is quite serious, which can wear thin after a while.

Man City (2). It will be fascinating to see if Guardiola can make it 3 in 3 seasons. He’d be the first non British manager to do so if so, and that would mark his greatest achievement because to maintain the motivation for 3 in 3 is extremely difficult, though Guardiola is obsessed with winning and he’s still at his peak with his team. He is the best technical and balanced football manager in world football, and probably that there’s ever been. Can he still translate such an obsession though, through to his team? Will the players feel as hungry? Will he target Europe more? Either way it could be ridiculously close once again.

Spurs (3). As for the rest of the challengers, I think Spurs have generally had the next most cohesive together team out of them, and have somewhat strengthened. Just still think they lack the ruthlessness of the two sides above them and the personality to play off the cuff. If injuries did affect the other two sides though, they could potentially apply some pressure.

Man Utd (4). I don’t think Solskjaer will last the season and fully expect someone like Allegri to come in. (That will also help Pogba). This somewhat has the feel of Rodgers last season at Liverpool when he was basically running on fumes and there was a feeling of when he was going to be axed, not if – I just don’t think Solskjaer is a strong enough character. However, Man Utd have a stronger squad than Liverpool did back then, and Allegri could well get them going and could bind the team together again, and make the big calls that will need to be made.

Chelsea (5). I expect Lampard to have a reasonably good start, but question whether he has the experience and courage to play it his way, dropping big names if need be. At the same time, he can’t be too firm given what’s happened to previous Chelsea managers. It’s a hell of a balancing act at Chelsea, which is why they’ve been through so many managers (albeit successfully). Indeed they are a team built on a strategy of buying well with strong short term managers to install a temporary but effective cohesiveness to the team. Now they’re trying to play the patient, longer game. I expect a somewhat difficult season.

Arsenal (6). Whilst Arsenal appear to have bought some good players, I think they are the least cohesive team in the league, and Emery, as clever a manager as he is, just lacks the personality and charisma to do much about that in my opinion. As I pointed out last season, they were very strong at home (3rd in the league based on home games) but very poor away from home (8th in the league). I’d still expect to see similar in the new season ahead. Emery did well to get to the EL final last season, but cups and leagues are two completely different things.

1 = Liverpool
                  2 = Man City
                  3 = Spurs
                  4 = Man Utd
                  5 = Chelsea
                  6 = Arsenal

Not really followed much of the rest of the pack but will go for either Leicester or Everton for 7th. I’ve never predicted Liverpool to win the league in recent decades, hope I’m not jinxing things. But I have made some assumptions that very much need to be adhered to! Brewster may well need to exceed expectations too (or they may need to dip into the January window). If not, City will be more than ready to mop up again.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Oz
                  Participant

Sadly the EPL winners will once again be very predictable, Manchester City have too much depth for everyone else & will win it reasonably easily compared to last season. I notice most are predicting the same so no need to elaborate.
                    I genuinely believe our lack of depth up top, on top of little rest for the trio will come back to haunt us as the season rolls on. I think we will finish 3rd this season behind Tottenham Hotspur & just in front of Manchester United
                    1. Manchester City
                    2. Tottenham Hotspur
                    3. Liverpool
                    4. Manchester United
                    5. Chelsea
                    6. Arsenal
                    7. Leicester City
                    With a bit of luck I think the experience some of the youngsters get will be enough to get us to the latter rounds of the F.A. Cup & the top team will take it from there with another Cup coming to Anfield. Cups are the best hope any of us have with Manchester City so rich in talent.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    maverick1973
                    Participant

1.Man City
                      2.Liverpool
                      3.Spuds
                      4.Arse
                      5.Chelsea
                      6.United
                      7.Everton

ps:Neymar to Arsenal on loan,hahahahaha! Joke of the century!

ps#2:can we predict who will be the 1st manager to go?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      nine nine nine

“ps:Neymar to Arsenal on loan,hahahahaha! Joke of the century!” Why not Mav loan moves and the never never are Arsenal’s current mode of operandi.?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        threeps
                        Participant

1. Liverpool
                          2. City
                          3. Spurs
                          4. Arsenal
                          5. Leicester
                          6. Chelsea
                          7. Man Utd

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          nine nine nine

Klopp trying to get in on the action now!

“I don’t know where people get the idea that Chelsea will not challenge with Frank bringing complete excitement to the club.

“Okay, they cannot really be busy in the transfer window, but after years when all the young boys were on loan, now they finally bring them back and get the benefit of that.

“It’s like it’s made for a transfer ban. Now Abraham and all these other guys come back and it’s a fantastic team.”

Way to go JΓΌrgen.?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Anonymous

1. Liverpool
                              2. Man City
                              3. Spurs
                              4. Arsenal
                              5. Leicester
                              6. Chelsea
                              7. Wolves

——-
                              If Utd were to get a replacement for Ole in, I think this would be quite different and also Leicester have a few days left to spend some money, so I may have jumped the gun but I can see Leicester and Wolves as teams who could potentially disassemble the top 6 (along with potential crisis at Utd/Chelsea).

For me, Chelsea have a better and hungrier squad than Utd. Lampard is completely untested at this level but Ole has been tested and in my opinion is showing serious signs of future failure (sorry lads, that is just how I see it). I thought of knocking Chelsea down further but their fans will be SUPER up for supporting Frank and the players might be swept away for quite some time. Who knows, it might just be enough to kick start a decent season. There is also Pulisic, who might not be a like for like replacement of Hazard but he’s a quality player and more importantly, a shining light for them during the transfer ban.

I’m not entirely comfortably by saying Leicester will finish above Chelsea but I wanted to emphasize the point that I expect to see even better from themselves and Wolves this time. Rodgers gets an awful lot of stick for the manner in which he speaks to the press and that is ENTIRELY deserved. He really wears you down, as a supporter but the guy knows his attacking football. This is where I disagree with others, who I think have given his good season at Liverpool a healthy dollop of revisionism. He got the best out of Suarez, not the other way around. He’ll get the best out of Perez and Vardy and as i said above, the window hasn’t closed yet.

On to Liverpool and City. My heart will always lead me in terms of picking where Liverpool will finish. Many times I’ve predicted 1st but it’s pretty rare when you could say that I’m genuinely realistic. I think his is one such time and I’d ask people to not delve too much into the fact that we’ve done no business this summer. Klopp has spoken of his desire to take the next step forward, using the training sessions available, instead of transfer funds. year on year, he’s brought this team forward. We’ve evolved each time in some unexpectedly brilliant ways and now have one of if not the best Liverpool 11’s ever. We’ll require some luck with injuries and the usual serving of it that any title winning side needs but we’re definitely good enough.

The one thing that could derail us besides bad luck, is these damn international tournaments. Our best players didn’t get enough rest and could tired out mid-late season. They might also not be 100% sharp early on but the showing against City gave me a lot of confidence. So, I’m more hopeful that this won’t be as big a problem as I’d previously thought. We’ll see against Norwich I guess but ya…

Anyway I’ll end this wall of text by saying that I hope we have as good a title run as the season gone but also that I hope the points totals are not so crazy high. It was a bit ridiculous to just have win after win after win… It was like we were assuming 3 points here there and everywhere and we were right every time. I’m predicting a more competitive showing from the others sides this time.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Anonymous

I forgot to mention something quite important.

I feel that last season, we lost due to mentality. It’s easy for the upstart to trail but leading is another story and when we got ahead, we stumbled quite a few times. We drew with 5 teams in reasonably quick succession and handed City the lead once again. Of course, when the pressure switched, we were back to chasing and doing it really well. Unfortunately, City knew how to lead and lead they did, all the way to the finish line.

This experience didn’t end with a PL title but we have now dipped our toe in the water. We know what temperature it will be next time and by winning the CL, the lads are winners. They are no longer upstarts and I think they’ll have a very strong sense of unfinished business with the PL this time around.

I think Liverpool are ready for that final step. The quality is there in every position. The players are used to playing with every other player there. They have gained invaluable experience from last season. Keita and Fabinho start this season as they ended the last, not as they began it. The same goes for Matip and we’ve got Gomez back to near full fitness. If we didn’t have 2 incredible teams like City and Spurs to potentially destroy everyone in their path, this would be a lot easier of a call but it wouldn’t be interesting or worth winning the PL if it were easy.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Nike19
                                Participant

Nine, was thinking along those lines too mate and that’s why I tipped them for 4th

Lamps will have them galvanized ????

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  maverick1973
                                  Participant

Mac-I agree re Ole,just dont look like he has got it in himself to be a succesfull manager for a big club.At the end of the last season he said: many of the current players playing here now wont be here come the next season”,then he proceded to reward most of them players with praise & new contracts.Cant he him lasting till December….

• This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by maverick1973.
                                    • This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by maverick1973.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Chucky McChuckface
                                    Participant

Reckon I’ll be waiting until Thursday before my prediction, so many rumours running around the Lane at the moment I could be predicting the quadruple come Friday… πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      maverick1973
                                      Participant

A quadruple signing?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Anonymous

Mav, Ole is one of the few Utd lads who I don’t really have a strong bias against. He seems like a decent enough guy but when he came out and said that, I just felt like it was yet another red flag for Utd. I had already felt that he was in over his head but this kinda confirmed it. As for his actions (or lack there-of) after, I’m not sure exactly how much of the blame is shouldered by himself and how much by Woodward but no matter how you look at it, it’s not good enough.

I keep looking at Utd and thinking “they’ve got to sack Woodward now surely?” and window after window, this guy remains. He’s obviously got the dirt on the owners because he’s not there out of competence.

You can hope that Ole goes (you should) but every Utd supporter should be demanding the sacking of Woodward. Thing won’t sustainably improve until that clown is out the door. Well, certainly not by design anyway.

Ole will surely be fired first.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Chucky McChuckface
                                          Participant

Right, all sorted more or less…

1) City
                                            2) Pool
                                            3) Spuds
                                            4) Goonies
                                            5) UnYooUtd
                                            6) Chelski.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 33 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.