Home Community General Football PFA Team of the Year

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Editor
    Keymaster

As many as 6 City players named. Very strong side. Hard to argue with any of the picks really. All had very good season.

Ederson
      Cancelo Dias Stones Shaw
      Fernandes Gundogan KDB
      Salah Kane Son

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Brian blue
      Participant

Not so sure about Cancello, although he was brilliant in some of the games, not much problem with rest, thought Foden may just have sneaked in but then a case could be made for Mount, England are lucky having these two.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Nike19
        Participant

I don’t agree with it.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Mikus LFC
          Participant

Just left with manager of the season now. Does Tuchel pip Pep after the CL win?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Nike19
            Participant

It comes across as selections geared only towards certain teams. That’s not what football is about. Disconnection.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              nine nine nine

Agree with the Ed “Very strong side. Hard to argue with any of the picks really. All had very good season.”

It probably means more to those selected that they’ve been selected by their peers.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Brian blue
                Participant

Mikus. different ways of looking at it I suppose. I would argue against Tuchel over a short season for him but for consistency it is hard to look beyond Pep. I would love to give it to somebody like Dyche though, he has done a great job for Burnley over the years

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Brian blue
                  Participant

PS… I should have said……”I would NOT argue against Tuchel over a short season for him……”

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    nine nine nine

Brian, from 9th to 4th an FA Cup Final and winning the CL over a condensed period with no signings and no pre season imo probably makes what Tuchel achieved even more meaningful but I certainly wouldn’t begrudge Pep the title he’s driven City to another fabulous season.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Brian blue
                      Participant

He has done remarkably well Nine but I just wish they would acknowledge what others have done without winning anything but keeping there team alive, to me, this is a big achievement as well and takes some doing

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Nike19
                        Participant

πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ Think I’m home alone as forever on this one – story of my life hahaha – common ground eh πŸ™‚

Ah well it’s just an accolade. What does anyone’s opinions really matter be it here there and anywhere.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          nine nine nine

Nil, it’s just about opinions mate and everyone will see things differently tbh I’m surprised Mount wasn’t included but the team reflects the views of the players.

Might be interesting if we all picked an alternative team if the season by including any of those players. Cheers 9’s

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            sean the sailor
                            Participant

agree with that side but would have mount or grealish in for son

Son had done anything meaningful since January. He totally disappeared after a flying start to the season

Moyes manager of the year for me. City should be winning the league every season with the squad they have.

Also bizarre cl team selection in the clubs biggest ever game really would piss me off if I was a city fan

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Editor
                              Keymaster

Good shouts Sean on Mount/Grealish. Son is probably a bit lucky to make it in. Moyes a great shout for manager too.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Brian blue
                                Participant

Sean, you can say I was not pleased when I saw the team for Final, doomed from start but then again pep will always be a better Manager than me and sometimes you have to accept mistakes. Pep though still believes he picked the right team, the result or performance did not back him up but he will still get more right than wrong so will go along with that thought

A view from one City fan

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Nike19
                                  Participant

I don’t know why Bamford wasn’t selected, but it proves my inner thoughts in the FPL unable to think beyond Sky 4. Every other season it’s pretty much the same with syrup poured over on how great they are and essentially it’s boring.

Rated Stuart Dallas and Declan Rice, they’ve come along away. Real shame about Grealish’s injury.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    sean the sailor
                                    Participant

Fair comments Brian. Domestically no one touch pep butcher in Europe he continues to make so many bizarre decisions. I really find it astonishing to be honest mate

He’s made at least 5 major bizarre calls in massive European games in the last decade

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      nine nine nine

Nil, not the old Sky 4 claim again!😊

The clues in the title Nil PFA team of the year the team is selected on who all the players in the PFA think are the best players.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        nine nine nine

Pep was over confident as were his players based on his and his players comments during the week prior to the CL Final and his team selection confirmed that.

Tuchel and Chelsea did the rest and outplayed City in everything bar possession and deservedly won.😊

All history now and City still the team to catch.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Nike19
                                          Participant

Nine, haha, yeah I know mate; I wanted to go against the grain with an alternative 11 πŸ™‚ I have Havertz in my mind as one of the selected indivduals πŸ™‚

Cheers

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.