Home Community Non-Football Petrol Crisis

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

The stress day from hell yesterday mainly re work. The one good thing coming out of it was latching on the my nearest Shell Petrol Station just before noon and filling up. I reached a full tank.

I never do unless I’m travelling long distance. I didn’t want to take my chances and play roulette as I need it for work.

Crazy doesn’t scratch the surface to describe this latest frenzy under this joke of a government.

Reportedly, it’s the HGV Drivers that are of shortage and not the fuel itself, yet the usual media circus gave the impression otherwise.

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Brian blue
      Participant

Nil…we are being spoon fed a pack of lies. last month or the month before there was no shortage of drivers, now they have vanished. It is all to do with pushing prices up, there are plenty of companies out there making lots of money out of this. Same for the fear of not getting “TOYS” for Christmas….buy now. If people fall for that they are crazy and is there nothing more important in life than a TOY. or a holiday in an overseas beach. Crazy….lets get our house in order, then start talking about luxuries, Cancel HS2 while they are at it, that alone will cover the wage rise for many, may even pay for my TV license they have just taken away!!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Luckydestiny
        Participant

Brian this was predicted and not a myth or conspiracy

The UK is about to experience a catastrophic HGV driver shortage for the first time in 20 years and we must brace ourselves for impact.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          nine nine nine

People buying more petrol than they would usually just adds to the problem.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Mikus LFC
            Participant

I think Blair’s ‘send everyone to university’ idea is coming home to roost. We need to reinvest in trades and technical schools and stop thinking everyone needs a degree. In any case degrees aren’t what they once were.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Luckydestiny
              Participant

Mikus, if drivers are paid enough there will be enough drivers.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Mikus LFC
                Participant

Lucky, yes but I think the training is currently quite expensive too.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by Mikus LFC.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Luckydestiny
                  Participant

True mikus but if government can assist stoners study media and drama at uni they should help finance these courses for people who want a real job πŸ˜€

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Nike19
                    Participant

Jerry-can filling shouldn’t be allowed. That’s just absurb and dangerous.

Propaganda Media to Blame.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Nike19
                      Participant

Brian, all true Sir. Especially the Toy bit. A ‘Marketing’ ploy latched onto to try and make a quick buck.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Brian blue
                        Participant

Lucky..but the industries that are bleating did nothing to plan ahead. You cannot expect Govt to keep bailing out commercial companies, same with Utilities, Banks…they get there profit and dividends an d pocket them

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Luckydestiny
                          Participant

Brian Read the link I posted bud

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Luckydestiny
                            Participant

Who is talking about bailing private companies out anyway?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              nine nine nine

Agree with Nil about the Jerry Can filling there’s a picture in the press today of some women on a petrol forecourt filling up multiple Jerry Cans that just shouldn’t be allowed.

This situation will pass very quickly if people use common sense currently it’s like the toilet roll hoarders from the first lockdown. Numpties!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Brian blue
                                Participant

My point is the Petrol Companies. Shell. BP. Esso and others make huge profits, why did they not have a scheme in place to replace drivers and a training programme that supplies them, do not tell me they cannot afford them. It should have been done years ago, now they bleat for there own mis management. This is not a Govt problem…they should solve it from there own rescourses , no doubt they will pass the cost to us at some stage. If we are to go electric, do we need all the drivers? A short term fix is needed but they have to do it

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Brian blue
                                  Participant

Lucky….they are looking for Govt support, however you want to dress it

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Brian blue
                                    Participant

Lucky. have read/listened your post….the guy is asking for Govt support….he has a point in principle when compared to other vocations they fund but the point of my argument is the Petro Companies should have had there own training programme for drivers, which is a skilled and potentially dangerous job. They can well afford to do so and not ask Govt for training Grants. I would expect any major Company to have there own training facility or access to one. I think we have both made our points on this now so I will bow out…with respect

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Luckydestiny
                                      Participant

Agree Brian, BP should have either blocked brexit or cloned 50k drivers in 4 years, they have enough money after all.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Luckydestiny
                                        Participant

They should have predicted covid too

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Luckydestiny
                                          Participant

Loans for training workers for jobs key to national infrastructure so they can obtain required licenses is not a handout it is the government doing their job imo, then let the private sector compete for resource.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 57 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.