Home Community General Football Pep confirms next season will be his last at City.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    nine nine nine

The big news is coming through thick and fast now. Pep has confirmed he will leave City at the end of next season when his contract expires and move into international football after a break.

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      FoxyFoxes
      Participant

International football for Pep will be the ultimate test imo. Any nation that takes him on will have to back him for the long haul IMO. His football philosphy and tactics will be even harder to implement in international football where you can’t just sign a the best player in the position you want, nor and this is the most important part I think, do you have that much time with your group of players to instill your playing style.

Remember how long it took him to get that City team playing at their best and that was with an open cheque book. I’ve always been a big believer that the best international coaches are those who are the best man-managers and know how to build a good team spirit as you just don’t get long enough with your players to make a system work seamlessly.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Chucky McChuckface
        Participant

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          nine nine nine

Which international team Pep might manage will be intriguing I doubt it will be Spain there would be a significant kick back there re a Catalan managing Spain.

Personally I would love to see Pep manage England but the suits at the FA would have to admit they’d got it wrong with their rule of only being prepared to appoint an Englishman.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Rover
            Participant

I believe he will be a success internationally as well. He knows how to get the best out of any player.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              sean the sailor
              Participant

Be very interesting. Pep has always been at the best clubs with the best players and money to burn. I think he is an exceptional manager who has brought so many new ideas tactically to the game but I’d love to see manage a club were the resources were tight

Makes some absolutely bizarre decisions in huge games.

Unbelievable manager but I agree with foxy. Less time to prepare and his game plan/tactics can take a very long time to implement. Be very interesting

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Chucky McChuckface
                Participant

In Europe, he’d do well with Engerland, he know’s have the team already, and has watched the other half play week in, week out… I think he’d struggle with other European teams, including Spain if I’m honest (and I doubt we would see him take anybody else than England, Spain, or France… maybe Germany at an outside bet! My money would be on France!)

Anyway, I reckon it would be either Brazil or the Argies next… probably Brazil (as Messi would have retired by then!)

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Chucky McChuckface
                  Participant

Or take the 50 million a year from UAE and top up that pension…. πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Notnice
                    Participant

I think he will take over Belgium, lots of talent there and they haven’t really moved forward under MartinΓ©z.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Mikus LFC
                      Participant

I always think it a bit strange when managers reveal their plans a few years in advance. Many people don’t know their plans or where they’re going to be at in a few weeks or months time, let alone a few years or how they’ll feel. What if Pep’s on the verge of creating another special team by then? He still just going to walk away? Fergie announced his retirement then went back on it in 2001 and said it was a big mistakes. Also if City find a successor during Pep’s last season, that won’t be ideal, and his authority could wane.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        nine nine nine

All good points Mikus.

It will be interesting to see what effect the “long goodbye” has on City it could work in their favour re the CL because there’s now a defined time line by which Pep needs to win the CL and he will definitely want to achieve that before he leaves City on the down side it will make it more difficult to attract players to City next Summer many have come to City because they want to play under Pep and players don’t like uncertainty and not knowing who their Manager might be in a year’s time.

It’s going to be an fascinating to watch it all unfold over the next two years.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Brian blue
                          Participant

I do not see what the “fuss” is about. It was always so that he would be leaving,Others will leave also, not just about players and player management, we may see new owners in 3/4 years, the signs are there now. Myself, I would thank Pep for the football he has given us, changed the game in the UK that’s for sure, I hope he achieves what he wants for the final two years. He will go to where is talent can be understood or moulded. He is no rush to do anything , no pressure, nice position to be in. Gets more time on the golf course as well with Tommy Fleetwood.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            nine nine nine

Spot on Brian and if Pep goes the full 2 seasons that will be 7 Seasons at City and very few Managers go that long at a Club nowdays.

But I wouldn’t dismiss the uncertainty that Pep’s departure will cause look what happened when SAF left OT and Wenger Arsenal Pep may not have had the same length of tenure and it was always going to happen but City have Pep’s DNA all over the Club and he’s going to be a very difficult man to replace and next Summer it’s going to be more difficult to convince top transfer targets to join City with Pep only there for one more season and uncertainty about who will replace him.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Brian blue
                              Participant

Nine…for that announcement to have been made
                                1. It will have been done with City’s blessing
                                2. The new Manager already known, no need to speculate, City will have chosen already
                                Agree, pep has a big DNA at the club but others can continue in there own way, I doubt we will asking Mourinho,others of that “ilk” but job has been done but not dusted, you never know Pep may sign another extension!!!!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                nine nine nine

Don’t think you’re right Brian nobody of the right level would commit themselves to a job 2 years away on a maybe, without they give the job to one of Pep’s Lieutenants.

Maybe it could be Arteta.😊

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  sean the sailor
                                  Participant

Pep just came out and said he never said he was leaving πŸ˜‚ so this a mute conversation chums

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    nine nine nine

It is if he stays beyond the two years Sean.😊

But even a week is a long time in football let alone 2 years.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Brian blue
                                      Participant

Nine…why not? Anyone with ambition lined up for the City job should be looking ahead. I still think, if he is going, pep would have been asked, who will be your successor and maybe that is not the one City will have chosen but for an important job like this they will not be leaving too long. Time will be important of any succession. Because of the 2 season wait though I believe the appointment is not going to be from the UK anyway. At one time, I thought Vierra was being lined up for it but I doubt it now. Arteta, despite his start at Arsenal would be OK but it will not happen, I think it will be an outsider not one of the usual candidates. Pep and Klopp have proved you do not have to understand the EPL…you change the EPL..that is what they have done and what makes them different. I think Tuchell is also on the way to doing the same but time will tell.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        sean the sailor
                                        Participant

True nine mate…anything can change in a few hours as we saw today chum
                                          πŸ˜‚

Crazy stuff and it’s why we love football

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          cityboy54
                                          Participant

Don’t think Arteta is the answer

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.