Home Community General Football Paul Pogba

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    FergieTime
    Participant

Since rejoining United, he has not lived up to expectations. After Saturdays game against Stoke, I do question if he ever will.

Pogba is someone who is a similar mould to Yaya Toure, Viera, Keane and Gerrard when it comes to his role at United. Against Stoke Yaya, Keane, Gerrard and Vieira would have gripped the game by the scruff of the neck and lifted the side to up a gear or 2. Pogba has failed to do that at United. When the club needed him the most, he has failed to step up.

He has shown glimpses, but glimpses do not help your side win league titles, consistency does.

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Editor
      Keymaster

I think he’ll be a top player for Utd. As you say, he’s been a bit hit and miss so far and you’d have expected a bit more of that Vieira-esque fight in him. I’m not sure he’s that kind of player though. I’d say he’s much more like Toure than Gerrard/Keane/Vieira.

France seem to know how to get the best out of him. He completely ran the show in the last game against England. He made Alli and Co look like schoolkids.

I think he’ll eventually grow into that leader role for the club. The fee won’t weigh as heavy on him this season, being no longer the most expensive player, so I think that will help him settle into the side quicker.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Big Jim
        Participant

A United fan at our work thinks you guys play better without him in the side! Thoughts?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          FergieTime
          Participant

He is out for a month and we will find out soon enough Jim.

Fair points Chris. Got to admit I was excited when he arrived, but he comes across too much of a luxury and flamboyant player, that lacks consistency. It is games like the ones against Stoke that I expected him to grab the game and show what he is capable of, something Keano did for us, Gerrard did for Liverpool etc. You’re right about his comparison to Yaya Toure, he got going in his late 20s. Perhaps Pogba needs a few more years.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Big Jim
            Participant

Stoke is a hard place to go and grab hold of the game to be honest. That said in my eyes he’s not set the PL alight since his return, he may well do that in the future, but at present he has a way to go to reach Yaya in his prime. I wanted City to bid for him at Juve, not sure whether we did or not. The role that he would have played is now seemingly occupied by Kevin DeBryne. Maybe you don’t need such a collusus pulling the strings in midfield.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Brian blue
              Participant

Pogba is a good player but I think he needs another season in the EPL to establish himself. If he does not become frustrated I think he will shine in a couple of seasons from now. A lot of money to pay for that learning curve though but at this moment there are few class midfielders available anywhere. Thank goodness we have a few.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                sean the sailor
                Participant

Pogba will come good but it’s plain to see Jose doesn’t trust him in a midfield two in tough games. Why change things at stoke when Utd were doing well with mata in the side?

Stoke is a tough place to go but if you are serous about a title challenge you need to grind a win out. I thought Utd could have been braver. Stuck with the team that had won 3 games in a row. It’s a Jose trait though. He has a negative streak but most of the he calls it right. Utd shoukd have won in anyway

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  Editor
                  Keymaster

All good points on Pogba. Sean, you’re right on us needing to be braver in these games. I’d always take a draw away at Stoke but you still want to see your team go for the win.

Like others have said, I think give him a couple of years and he’ll really come into his own and start to shine

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.