Home Community General Football Oz…now do you believe?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 94 total)
  • Author
    Hightown hope

Oz…you’ve spent all week predicting doom and gloom. this afternoon we were superb. Fabinho was my mom. ..came of age as a Liverpool player today. Clyne was brilliantly solid considering he’s been awol for a year or so, Bobby had his best game of the season, Gini was everywhere, and then there’s Shaq – what a man!

You really should have more faith in your team, man! We really do have a side here, maybe not quite as good as City’s, but a damn fine side nevertheless. If you don’t have faith now, I swear to God you never will!!

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Hightown hope

Mind you, how bad were United? No fight, no passion and no answer to our pressing. If the manager has his ÂŁ90m player on the bench and doesn’t use him when he has to change the game, he never will. I thought United would give us more of a game and at least show some balls. I’m sorry, I’m not meaning to gloat, but they were spineless today and truly the players must want Mourinho sacked to play like that in a game like that

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Oz Yob
        Participant

HH, not doom and gloom mate, just the usual moanino wrecking our vibe. Haven’t seen the game but absolutely chuffed with the result. From what I’m reading we pretty much dominated all over the pitch & got what we deserved. Reading moanino saying De gea would’ve saved the goals if not for the deflection but didn’t mention their goal was from a keeper shocker, otherwise they didn’t really look like scoring from what I can gather.
          As for having faith mate, I am believing that we have a steel about us that we haven’t had for many moons & we still possess enough in attack to be competitive v anyone. That said I do believe we do not quite have the quality in depth of c$ty & fully expect them to win the EPL with games to spare. Hopefully we will push them most of the way though.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          Hightown hope

Yeah, my money would still be on City too! I just want to hear you big up our team a bit. We are good, believe me! Unless it’s just superstition of course!?? best balanced Liverpool side for a generation. Even Sean has become more positive. You’re my next project!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Anonymous

LOL agree with it all. I think credit has to go to us for not allowing Utd to play though, it wasnt just that they didnt turn up because they tried to face us early on but they got “schooled”. Jose tried to kill the game then but we weren’t having it.

I think before we were like the waves battering the shore in a storm. Now , we’re like the tide. Fabinho was MoTM alright and I was disappointed to see that Shaqiri got it. Look, huge credit to Shaq for his impact. It was brilliant but Fabinho broke. he shut them down time after time and he quickly set things in motion then. His assist for the first was immense. They only rated him a 7.. What game were they watching. He was at least an 8, I think 8.5 though.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Anonymous

As for the belief.. it builds over time. it’s certainly building for me but I’m not mentioning anything about the title, just glad that we are where we are.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Oz Yob
                Participant

LOL I’m getting there brother, I’m just about round the corner of belief & im looking at the home straight. We are definitely a very good side.
                  I’ll tell u where my reluctance to big us up comes from. That yr of the SG slip & how we crumbled at the last hurdle, I seen a young fella down the street with a Liverpool shirt on & I said “great shirt young fella”. His dad said “yeah he doesn’t wear it much, he’s a bit nervous or something”. I said “ mate we are going to win the title in a couple of weeks”. I was certain that was it, I was looking into buying flights & was heading over to celebrate in that awesome city. Damn I was p***** when we crumbled. I haven’t really had much confidence in us winning anything major since. I just haven’t thought we had the grit to do it. I’m getting closer now but unfortunately whilst we have our best squad & manager in a long time, we have the moneybags to compete with & they not only have a top manager, they have quality in depth no one else could dream of.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  Anonymous

As long as Henderson does not start you guys will do well

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    Anonymous

We bottled it in 13/14 alright and even getting the same chance this time around is going to be 5 times more difficult. The City we’re up against are the best ever PL side. Each win echoes “we’re not going away” to them though and it’s pressure that they didn’t have last season. Everyone knew where the title was going at this time a year ago. before I had us around 15% chance of winning the title. I think it’s fair to upgrade that to 25%. So, we’re still a huge way off even being level with them in my mind but we took more shots against Utd than any other team (including City) has taken, in any PL game so far this season.

Our midfield is starting to take shape and with that, the attack comes good. We’re slowly clicking into place. We’re into the KO’s of the CL too, so there’s a lot to be optimistic about. We just have to be careful to not get too cocky this time. The players have to keep their eye on the ball.

We’ve got an improving Wolves now next and it’s an away match. They have some real quality in that side and they too appear to be clicking, so we’re going to really have our hands full. Maybe this is the game where we finally lose? I just hope we’re not complacent after the few “tough” games.

But ya Aussie, Don’t worry about being cautious man, just try to enjoy the ride. The day will come when Klopp steps downa nd we most likely step down in quality.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      sean the sailor
                      Participant

I’ll n bet get carried away. Love everything about our current set up but we need to win something

My worry is we are in the best shape in years but may still not win anything as the competitions are just so difficult to win.

We are hitting form now. Signings are coming up good. Into cl last 16 abd tip of table so fantastic win for us

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        Anonymous

City will win it they still easy the best squad by far.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          nine nine nine

Without wishing to take anything away from this Liverpool performance which was impressive it has to be balanced against how woefully awful United were, sometimes a half decent United performance pops ups but the norm currently are performances like this.

There has to be a parting of the ways with Mourinho his cycle is three years and he hit the wall earlier than that at United but the task was too big for him and even if Pep were to take over there is a mountain to climb at United.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            sean the sailor
                            Participant

Nine that’s all I keep hearing

Napoli were woeful. Burnley, bournemouth, utd were woeful

We were very good and did let any of these play. Pressing hard abd creating loads of chances. We make these teams look poor when we play like this
                              Utd aren’t as bad as people make out some times. They can play some good stuff

They can look like a team devoid of ideas and Jose still doesn’t know his team but we dominated with and without the balk yday.

We are playing well now but I still won’t get carried away. So long to go.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              nine nine nine

Sean, as I said in my post taking nothing away from Liverpool who were impressive.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                nine nine nine

….. If Liverpool can stick with City and are still there with 6 games to go they’ve got a real chance and at least unlike last season we currently have a proper title race Sean which is good for the PL.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  maverick1973
                                  Participant

Actually double H,after the equaliser,I thought we might get a draw,even had a ray of hope of nicking it all but for the 2 deflections.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                    Hightown hope

But Mav, deflected goals or not, there was only one good team out there yesterday, and it wasn’t United. 3-1 scoreline was immensely flattering to United.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                      maverick1973
                                      Participant

Yes m8,Liverpool played better,they were the home team! But after the equaliser United upped their game and after that played decent football for a while.United restricted Liverpool to long-range shots from the like of Lovren and VVD!

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                        nine nine nine

Goals change games Liverpool rightfully won the game but after United equalised it was a much more even game until Liverpool went ahead again.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          maverick1973
                                          Participant

Lol,you mean behind?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 94 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.