Home Community Non-Football Nothing happening

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

Bit of time off at least for a couple of days. I can’t help but express the thought that nothing’s happening. Okay, so we are on the 23rd of July.

Did last Summer go quicker? From an LFC point of view, no signings, no nothing albeit one new kid for the future.

Maybe this time next week going into the Community Shield, things might be a bit more cheerful and feel something to look forward to.

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      sean the sailor
      Participant

We are taking a huge risk nil
        Mate

Our front 3 will not be ready for the start of the season. Vital players are missing pre-season. Front 3 will need time to click back into action

We are supposed to be going for the league. All times are strengthening their squads

We are not. We have more games next season but with the same personnel.

Lalanna cannot be depended on to stay fit. It will take the ox half a season to get up to speed. We are leaving ourselves short mate. Klopp has earned our trust but we a few injuries etc and I’d be quite concerned

Shaqiri and Keita are not fit. Mane will only have two weeks rest. I

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Nike19
        Participant

Sean, 100% right mate.

Van Dijk showed frustration on Sunday. It was hot at Fenway, but Seville players seemed to be with filled with more energy and hunger.

I can’t believe we haven’t added at all in at least a couple of signings. I’d love Lallana and Ox to step it up, but I wish we sign a new Striker – Origi can’t be relied upon as the ‘main man’.

Coutinho to be resigned maybe?

I would kill for another centre-half, world class to partner Van Dijk – don’t know what’s happening with Lovren and whether or not Gomez is ready.

Players like Hendo and Milner look burnt out. They need time to replenish themselves.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          sean the sailor
          Participant

I’m not concerned about pre season as such chum. It’s all about players getting fit

Problem is, it will be a while before our 1st choice 11 start a game together

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Nike19
            Participant

You’re right mate. But the beauty of that is once everyone is fit is that Klopp can have a bit of a selection headache and tweak or rotate.

Maybe I was reading too much into it. It’s just too hot even today to be doing anything. Those players need to be cool and hydrated to be able to run and stay on the pitch for long periods.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              Mikus LFC
              Participant

Disagree somewhat about preseason Sean. In the seasons we’ve had a very good preseason, we’ve usually kicked on from it and it’s propelled us to have a very good season. Last season we only lost one pre season game. This preseason we’ve already lost two games (as soon as we’ve faced anyone decent). And you can already sense the poor momentum we now have in the camp, particularly given our front 3 (and how important they are) and the fact they’ve all been recently involved in the Copa America or African Cup of Nations. Unless we freshen up, I can already see a mediocre start to the season ahead.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Nike19
                Participant

That’s the slight worry I had and have been hung up in the manner we lost to Seville, although, it was a last-minute goal. We weren’t offering threat.

Would a new top quality signing had changed that earlier on? I’ve rarely seen us lose back-to-back preseason games.

Our fixture list is quite kind to us, but I’d like us to win both the Community Shield and Super Cup and kick-on like last season.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                  sean the sailor
                  Participant

Mikus ye fair point.a huge issue is our 1st 11 will not start together for a good while.

Mane only has two weeks rest etc etc

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                    maverick1973
                    Participant

Nil-I wouldnt be surprised to see Pool sign that wing-back from Augsburg,and maybe even M.Reus from Dortmund.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by maverick1973.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                      sean the sailor
                      Participant

Ha ha Mav

Don’t mention Reus to nil

He’s wanted him for years

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                        threeps
                        Participant

If your concern is unless we buy someone we wont be ready then I have to disagree. You buy a player now for the front 3 for example and they wont be fully integrated in time anyway. Fit maybe, but able to play Klopp’a way? Doubtful. Look how long it took Robbo and Fabinho, you might as well just wait till the usual 3 are back and hope the others can perform till then.

Some people worry too much about preseason whilst others dismiss it as merely a way to get players fit. I disagree with both in their entirety. For established first teamers it is mainly about getting match fit and up to speed. But for the youngsters I’m sure Klopp is seeing how they perform, how they integrate, what their personality says about them when they play more competitive matches with the established players. Players like Kent and Wilson these games could decide if they’re loaned out or kept.

Side note, shouldn’t this be part of the main liverpool discussion? Maybe I’m misreading the intent but I dont understand why we needed a new thread and in the non football section.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                          maverick1973
                          Participant

Wasplicker-Wanted him @ United for years,too.Classy player when not injured.
                            Just thought about wee Phil and E.Can,what a pair of plonkers leaving Liverpool.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                            Mikus LFC
                            Participant

Threeps, are we not getting too hung up on “fitting players to the front 3”? We surely can’t become too dependent on them, we need to be more flexible than that. When they first signed, Mané & Salah went straight into the team because they were good enough and had the attributes Klopp liked. Can we not find similar again? City too have the same problem with players returning back late. If we could find an edge on them early on, we could take advantage.

Unless Klopp has identified several in the youth set up who he feels are ready to step up.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                              maverick1973
                              Participant

I agree with Fowler,Bale could fit in @ Liverpool.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                Nike19
                                Participant

3ps, what’s apparent so far is that the recent pre-season have been eye-openers beyond the front 3. Origi is the only real Forward to turn to. There hasn’t been in recent years bonafide Strikers and Sturridge was always on the fringes and would in his own eventuality, tapper off as Klopp doesn’t want him long-term.

I know in an example of Silva and Aguero, they’ve been at the highest level for several years, and they are a true credit and a testament, but I’d kill right now for a Bale and a Reus or even Coutinho to give us something new and much needed firepower.

P.s. This accidentally turned into a Lfc discussion, sorry.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                  maverick1973
                                  Participant

Nil-Bale might even be available on a free,as it seems RM are desperate to get rid of.Ozil & Sanchez too,lol.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by maverick1973.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                    sean the sailor
                                    Participant

Threeps, my concern is we will not be fully up to speed for the 1st few weeks. Mane will only have had two weeks rest in a year. Klopp says he is worried about burnout himself. Salah and bobby are only back on the 29th of July. Shaq and Keita are injured.

Have you any idea when Keita and Shaqiri are scheduled to come back?

We have more matches this season yet it looks like we are going into the season with the same squad? Do you think that’s enough?

I’ve watched us in pre -season and ox is no were near sharp enough and it’s going to take him a while to get up to speed after a very bad injury.

Lalanna cannot be depended on.

Look at spurs last season. It really cost them not bringing in more players in the end. They were exhausted and suffered injuries to key players during the season

We didn’t but maybe we won’t be so lucky this season?

We have to add to the squad. A left full for cover and someone to cover and help out the front 3.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                      threeps
                                      Participant

If you’ve seen the TT pages recently you’ll probably seen I’ve argued pretty much on my own against the rest that it’s pretty difficult to pick high level players that are willing to play second fiddle to our front three. Not sure I want to go down this discussion route again, I’ll accept that others have different views, but I do feel our lack of spending big has so far justified my view. 2 weeks this could change however!

The point I am making was with only 2 weeks left theres not enough time to integrate a player fully into the starting line up whilst our front 3 get over their summer exploits. So whether I am right or wrong about spending big or not, I think we should get used to that the front three containing both Origi and Brewster will start the season.

Mikus are you expecting to sign players that will make the starting line up straight away, like Mane and Salah? This meaning they would be better than Mane and Salah, font think theres anyone realistically available.

Nil, dont understand your comment about bonafide strikers, are you wanting one or not? We dont play with such a player hence my confusion on the comment.

Maybe Ed can merge this with the existing LFC thread? Or someone have a go at getting it back on course?

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                        threeps
                                        Participant

Sean I agree on a left and maybe a right full back cover and also someone to help put the front three. But I strongly disagree with people that expect a worldie to come in and play enough games because we are competing on lots of fronts etc etc, to me that is an unrealistic expectation.

Someone like Cornet, relatively young, cover a couple of positions, hopefully eager to learn Klopps ways but importantly not expecting to be first choice straight away.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by threeps.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Nike19
                                          Participant

3ps, my whole philosophy in relation to our front 3 to be kind and supportive is that it’s a big ask for them to deliver once again the level of football and the goals for our fourth-coming season and potentially in excess of 60 games.

I don’t understand a person added to the squad knowing he wouldn’t be able to play every game would be classed as second fiddle. I’m sure he’d be aware of the ‘Template’.

I know we had this discussion before on this subject, so it does feel like de-ja-vu. A Striker can be positioned anywhere in and around the Penalty area and even better if he has the dribbling ability and the nous to set others up.

I don’t think Origi alone can be relied upon. Oxlade seems to be taking time and it remains whether we’ll see him back to his ‘original’ self.

We don’t have to go overboard, but a couple of faces would really support us if we are genuinely aspiring to win the PL Title.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 36 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.