Home Community General Football Not right point blank in my point of view

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

I’ll try and be a bit relaxed about this; I don’t sincerely believe anybody other than fellow Liverpool Lifelong supporters themselves buy into this Manchester ‘foregone conclusion’ of the League Championship. Brush aside the nuisance ferocious media hype (purely for their own ‘commission’!), it’s a disservice really to the League in itself.

Foregone conclusions placed is not healthy when there are 20 teams, unless there’s fundamentally something wrong.

Btw, as biased; I’d want Liverpool to challenge for the title, each and Every year. This is just from my point of view, vomit and a nutcase job; Manchester Music, enjoy: but do I want them over Liverpool? NEVER.

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      CrustyHoop
      Participant

What

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Chucky McChuckface
        Participant

Not 100% sure what you’re trying to say Nil, my little gigabyte budster, but I personally would be quite surprised if the Prem trophy doesn’t end up in Manchester this year but I’m not Mystic Meg!

There’s a big difference between “Hopes and Dreams” and “Being Smacked in the Face with a Smoked Kipper!” my cyber chum, and to do my best Golden Retriever impression “plenty of water to be played under the bridge!”… πŸ™‚

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Nike19
          Participant

They don’t look like losing that’s what is frustrating chucky and the media have just fallen head over heals over them.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Chucky McChuckface
            Participant

But that’s enough about my Spuds, what about City?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              maverick1973
              Participant

What on God`s name are you talking about here Nil?.City to walk the league,very possibly to go the entire season unbeaten!.As for United,not even close to challenging,I had City,Chelsea,Spurs/Liverpool for the 3rd,and Arsenal/United to fight it out for the 4th.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Big Jim
                Participant

Maverick. As much as it pains me to say it. Mouriniho is too shrewd an operator to come forth with the players he now has at Old Trafford. IMO they will be right up there challenging come May. Nil my friend, why use 10 words when you can use just 2. Sure there is a bit of a media love in with United but we all know that when the cracks appear as they surely will at some point as the season is long. Mouriniho will say some stupid attention seeking things as is his way and the media will target him. IMO Klopp is getting some stick ftom the media simply because he didn’t get the right players in in the summer to suit his style of play. Just like Guardiola did last season. Nut the season is long and things change. Jim

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  maverick1973
                  Participant

Jim-City,Chelsea,and Spurs have much better squads than United.Us,Arsenal,and Liverpool are on the same level,so cannot see United finishing than 3rd,the most.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Oz Yob
                    Participant

I’m sticking to what I said at the start of the season, manc 1,2 it’s just which order. As much as it pains me to say it jose has a very balanced squad at his disposal & they will be right up there with c$ty. Chelsea won’t be far behind. Sadly I think Liverpool will do what we do best, take 2 steps forward then 3 steps back. I don’t think we will get top 4 & we will be joining Arsenal next season in the Europa cup.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Nike19
                      Participant

Maverick 1973, I understand your point and that’s fair. Admittedly, it’s begrudging on my part than being more objective. It’s because I’m precious and wouldn’t want either of the sides to runaway with it and potentially have the league sown up sooner than later.

Of course, there is plenty of football to be played. It’s the frustrations obviously from the lacking of that extra quality from my club coupled with the media love-in. I’ve yet to have heard one speak like you on the point of 38 games.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        maverick1973
                        Participant

Nil-We could all be wrong mate,but City have the best squad in the country.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Nike19
                          Participant

Maverick, you’re right.

Unlike us for example faffing about during our last 3-5 transfer windows, Pep Guardiola kept himself focused on addressing Man City’s deficiencies.

They now have a new and a better GK, they’ve bought Kyle Walker. He also signed Jesus plus Sane and his 4-1-4-1 formation is working.

With your boys, there are players now in either their second or third seasons and established. You needed a finisher, you now have a finisher in Lakaku to turn draws into wins. Matip brought in to protect defence, and having that striker means others can play in their positions to add balance to the team and supplement the formation the way it’s intended.

Outside both Manchester clubs, I’d give credence to both Tottenham and Chelsea to challenge, but it’s how all these teams manage other competitions alongside the prem and how they will fare over the course of the season.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Singapore Blue
                            Participant

Whilst both city and united have made very impressive starts, I just don’t see them running away with things. The league is too strong overall, especially with all the European games (lots more hopefully for city to worry about) and injuries starting to kick in. There are 6 decent teams at the top, with Everton threatening to join next season once they’ve bedded in the new players and started to click

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Hightown hope

I don’t really understand the title of the thread, I must confess, but as it seems to be general footy chat I’ll join in!

I do worry about my team, as it looks like it could get worse before it gets any better, as our next two games are United at home and Spurs away, 2 of the 3 form teams in the league at the moment. Liverpool being Liverpool though and as they are big games, we will probably have a miraculous change in form and win them both. Have to say, that looks somewhat unlikely at the moment. I’m just hoping the international break has the same effect on our rivals as the one at the beginning of September had on us. We went into it on the back of a great 4-0 over Arsenal, but then the wheels fell off at City the week after the break, and we haven’t recovered yet. Still, United won 4-0 at home against a London club, international break and then away against one of their big rivals. Put it down for 5-0 Liverpool with Rashford to be sent off!!

Very, very impressed with Spurs at the moment, though I can’t see them maintaining their challenge. Superb 1st XI, possibly the best in the league, but IF Kane were to get injured…Wembley…Champions League (which they look like they will qualify from). Just think the 2 Manchester clubs look so much stronger. I was surprised how easily City bossed Chelsea on Saturday, that was a wake-up call to the rest of the league, for sure. United? Well, it will be interesting to see how Mourinho approaches the game at Anfield in 2 weeks. Surely they have to come with the idea of taking all 3 points, in contrast to their approach last year. We’ll see!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Nike19
                                Participant

Read earlier today an article in the Express in how Klopp believes we’re not too far away from a title challenge.

The goals we concede are not outright good quality from opposition albeit Man City (but 10 men in essence changed the game), but just feeble and down to the bare basics which we’re just not switched on as a unit and prone to being exposed and punished.

The guy on the BBC phone in making a point about 5 windows, does have validity. Mourinho and Guardiola are not the type of Managers to faff about. They address the problematic areas and now have stronger squads as a result.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  maverick1973
                                  Participant

Singapore Blue-Not running away mate and especially not United,but City will win it since they have the best squad.You saw what City did to Chelsea,that was a footballing lesson.United have yet to play a top-6 team,and yes there is a very long way to go,but United look very easy to score against,like Liverpool!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Singapore Blue
                                    Participant

Maverick – from a personal point of view I hope you are right mate :-). Saw an interesting stat that after 7 games of the 2010-2011 season both manc clubs had 6 wins and a draw also. I’d take that season again, however not sure my nerves would!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Oz Yob
                                      Participant

It just confirms Klopp has lost the plot if he thinks we aren’t far off a title challenge. We have no spine & need to replace near half the team as well as our 1 gung ho heavy Metal approach.
                                        Top GK
                                        2x CB
                                        1x LB
                                        1x DM or dominant mid that isn’t a lightweight & won’t go missing in tough games
                                        1x 20+ striker
                                        To me that’s a very long way from challenging for anything.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Hightown hope

Aussie – While I partly agree with you in that we are a distance away from challenging for the title, I wouldn”t agree with you when you say we need 6 players. From your list above I would highlight the top centre back which is more crucial than anything, and the leader in midfield who ‘won’t go missing’. We have a left back in Robertson who could be at least as good as Young, Davies, Monreal or Alonso. Our goalkeeper, while far from perfect is not as bad as everyone makes out. I can’t recall too many goals this season you’d put as cock ups by Migs. And don’t forget he does have to play behind our defence which is enough to turn anyone into a gibbering wreck. And as for the 20+ striker…if Sadio, Mo and Bobby get 12-15 each, and Phil something similar, that suits Jurgen philosophy. He needs a centre forward who will work his socks off tracking back, hassling defenders, gegenpressing if you like. Much as I think Kane, Aguero, Morata and Lukaku are fantastic players, if they were in our team, Klopp would have to change his whole style and philosophy.

So for me the most important additions required are at least one centre back and a leader in midfield, and to people who say one centre back won’t right the wrongs, it may not, but it’s a start!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          nine nine nine

I think Oz yob is spot on with his assessment of Liverpool’s needs if they are going to be a regular challenger for the PL title which is what a club of Liverpool status should be.

Currently only West Ham and Palace have shipped more goals and Liverpool will find it tough to secure a 4th place finish this season imo. Joey Barton said last week that Liverpool have a Champions League attack and a Championship defence tough but it makes the point.

How many of Mignolet/Karius and the Liverpool back 4 would get into the teams of the top 5clubs in the PL very few imo which tells it’s own story.

Also I think it’s more than just a personell problem it’s a philosophy and a defensive Coaching problem too which is down to Klopp and his Coaching team to put right.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 29 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.