Home Community Man Utd Next Man Utd manager

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Mikus LFC
    Participant

Looking like Ten Hag…

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Brian blue
      Participant

Mikus, whoever is Manager will not change the Management structure on how the club is run, until they do that nothing changes

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Mikus LFC
        Participant

Completely agree Brian. Academy has to link back to the first team. Recruitment team and decision making at the top has to improve significantly if things are to change. Potential problems will be if the board likes a big name but Ten Hag wants someone much less known or unproven – who will win that battle?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Editor
          Keymaster

I’m cautiously optimistic. He was my choice all along. I have to say though, it concerns me that there’s been this massive split in the fanbase over Poch vs Ten Hag. It’s been widely known that it was between those two. The players were supposedly split too over their preference. Any slight dip in form or failure to hit the ground running and the Poch fans and board members will be quick to jump in with the “I told you so”.

It’s a massive gamble but one I’m quite excited about. He could be another De Boer but I’m glad we’ve given him a go. If ge flops massively ala De Boer, it wouldn’t surprise me to see Enrique coming back into the picture after the World Cup. I was personally torn between those two. Just really hope he gets the time he needs to rebuild the squad.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Editor
            Keymaster

The academy is in a very good place now with an upcoming FA youth cup final next month. Ten Hag is hopefully the man to continue ensuring the pathway to the first team is there.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              sean the sailor
              Participant

He needs to show sone balls and get Pogba and ronaldo out. I think ronaldo has done well as he has got the goals but it’s time for the future now. An absolutely massive rebuild is needed and a host of players sold

Also needs to get the best of the good players he had there. Sancho is a good player but he’s a lot slower thrn I thought and along with lackau has been one of the most disappointing signings this season. Yet, he clearly has talent. Rashford has everything to be real top class. He just needs a lift.

Utd will still attract the best player even without the cl. It’s a huge huge club.

How many players do you think you need Ed mate. I know he was your first choice and very interesting to see how he gets on

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Editor
                Keymaster

I think Grealish has been a bigger disappointment than Sancho Sean but it never seems to get a mention for some reason. Sancho has taken longer than I thought to get going but he’s shown glimpses of a very good player. He’s not a winger that’s going to fly past defenders to the byline. He’s a ball carrier. I’m not concerned at all about him. I think he’ll be fine.

Pogba has to go and I’d be amazed if we kept him on. Ronaldo can’t be our main striker next season. I wouldn’t be against him staying and playing some part but that doesn’t really suit him. I think us missing CL and him going is best for all parties now. Will always be a Utd legend. So many big wages and personalties likely going this summer. Pogba, Ronaldo, Lingard, Martial (hopefully), Mata, Matic and Cavani. Greenwood, the scumbag, has left a massive hole too so we’re potentially having to replace all of Greenwood, Ronaldo, Cavani and Martial in one window which is crazy. Not suggesting we’ll be buying 4 forwards. Max 1 I think but there’s a huge hole there potentially. It’s a massive rebuilding job.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Editor
                  Keymaster

By all accounts, Ten Hag wanted assurances he could have total control of the playing squad and keep/play who he wants regardless of their status, wage etc. This, if true, would never have happened under Woodward so even that is a massive step in the right direction irrespective of how well Ten Hag does.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    FoxyFoxes
                    Participant

No way Ed. Grealish has performed pretty much on par. The fact he is rotated is more down to Pep’s philosophy of always rotating through his front three. If people expected more out of Grealish at City, then they had ridiculous expectations. Seriously, Sancho has been nothing short of crap and anonymous so far!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Editor
                      Keymaster

Couldn’t disagree more Foxy! Grealish was brilliant for Villa. He’s been ok for City but Β£100mil ok? Not even close. If he’d gone to Utd for that price, he’d have been torn apart. Sancho, like Thiago, Havertz etc has come from a completely different league and needs to be given time to adapt. To say he’s been anonymous and crap simply tells me you haven’t been watching our games. Ask any Utd fan who we should keep and it’s a very short list but you’ll always see Sancho on it.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        FoxyFoxes
                        Participant

See that’s the thing. Unrealistic expectations. Grealish was a big fish in a small pond. Villa’s entire tactics consisted of “give it to Grealish”. City simply do not play that way, no one player is their focus, which makes them so hard to play against as threats are everywhere on the pitch. I agree, 100m was stupid money, he’s a 50m player at best, but that’s nothing to do with him.
                          Either way, Grealish has shown to be far more dangerous at City than Sancho has been at Utd, so far! That could change of course and Sancho may well come good, but honestly, none of what I saw of him at Dortmund suggested to me he was all that either. Even Southgate who is the first to throw a youngun into the mix didn’t trust him at the Euros

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Editor
                          Keymaster

“Even Southgate…” said as though that’s some kind of evidence of the point doesnt really work. Let’s not forget Southgate doesn’t trust Trent either. Barely trusted Chilwell or Shaw and chose Trippier at LB in the first game. He pretty much gave up on Foden after one game in the summer and despite popular opinion didn’t seem to trust Grealish either. I think using his opinion as a yardstick is a bit unfair, as much as I like him.

History tells us players coming from the Bundesliga often take time to settle to the change in pace. Even someone like Thiago was being written off last season. Havertz too. My point wasn’t that Grealish has been worse than Sancho. It’s that I think he’s been the biggest disappointment. As you say that can only be judged against one’s own level of expectation. Clearly I had higher expectations of Grealish than you and you had higher expectations of Sancho (in terms of hitting the ground running) than I did. Even with hindsight, I’d much sooner spend what we spent on Sancho than 100mil on Grealish given the choice.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            sean the sailor
                            Participant

Ye sone clear out Ed mate. Massive job

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              sean the sailor
                              Participant

I haven’t seen much of Grealish ad I rarely watch city to be honest. Pep said it would take him a season to bed in. We have certainly seen glimpses of sanchos talent and good point about the switch from German league to pl. it’s a totally different ball game

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Mikus LFC
                                Participant

Probably too early to judge both players in terms of how they’ll be coached under their managers. Let’s see where they are next season.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Mikus LFC
                                  Participant

So it’s taken Man Utd a decade to finally reset after Fergie leaving. They’ve learned the hard way and blown a lot of money to boot. Like Pep & Klopp though, Ten Hag will have to have a good recruitment team behind him. They go hand in hand.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Nike19
                                    Participant

First thing is first. Whoever comes in needs to be properly backed. I’m not talking about just splashing 40-50-60 million here and there, but affirming to a style of football and redeveloping the squad. Pogba has to go, Ronaldo has to go, Rashford has to go. Maybe De Gea’s time is probably up. Bring in players that you can work with to make them into Top Players and for that to happen, bring in a Manager with Desire, Quality, Experience, Commitment and a Plan.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Editor
                                      Keymaster

Not sure about Rashford Nil. He has to be given chance to show he’s still the player he was. There’s a real risk of him going the same way as Dele Alli though if he doesn’t find form soon. It doesn’t help that him and Sancho both play their best football on the left. I wouldn’t give up on him just yet. The fear of losing him and seeing him recapture that form he has shown over the last few years is a frightening thought. Far more pressing issues in the side than Rashford at present.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Nike19
                                        Participant

Ed, good alternative thought. I do agree to an extent if the new Manager invests faith in Rashford and work with him to recapture his form. His best position is the left side so yeah, a way to accommodate him with Sancho etc.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Brian blue
                                          Participant

I do not understand the Grealish/Sancho discussion, OK, opinions but surely too early to make judgements. City paid over the odds for Grealish, silly money but I think Grealish has done OK , so far, fitting into a Pep team was never going to easy, Grealish knew that, so it was not going to like turning up at Villa Park. Grealish and Sancho are not even the same type of players. Grealish had performed well in the Premier prior to joining City so was a target for other clubs besides City. Sancho, I think is a good player, I am not sure he has the right club but that could easily change next season with more direction but he has looked lost this season. The more experienced players at Utd could have helped him more

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 38 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.