Home Community Man City Napoli

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Adlab
    Participant

A really tough looking game tonight.
      Probably the hardest so far.

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Big Jim
      Participant

Hi Adlab, have to agree tough test.
        Peps swashbuckling blue heroes take on the current best team in Italy. Wonder how he will set up? Aguero and Jesus to start? Does it even matter. Really looking forward to it, me and one of my girls going. Will be a big test for us as a team. One of my most disappointing moments last season was Monaco away where we set out looking as we were chasing the game when we didn’t need to and got ripped on the break. But this is a new season. We certainly won’t sit back that’s for sure. 3-1 Jim

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        nine nine nine

3 nil to City? Aren’t Napoli going to play a shadow side because they’re leading Serie A and playing Milan at the weekend.

Shame this game clashes with the Real v Spurs game as I would have liked to watch both live. Tbh and I know it’s heresy but I’m really enjoying watching City this season.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Editor
          Keymaster

Good luck tonight to the City lads on here. Jim, I deleted your other Napoli thread to save any confusion

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Big Jim
            Participant

Thanks ed on both counts.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Hightown hope

Yeah, I wish this didn’t clash with our tie against the mighty Maribor, as it’s set up to be a cracker. If 999 is right and Napoli are playing a weakened team, it’s a real shame.

Was reading a newspaper article about Napoli today, and they were talking about their first ever Scudetto in 1987 (and that stat alone was surprising!), and they mentioned some graffiti that appeared in a city cemetery that season that just translated as ‘You don’t know what you’re missing’.

Good luck to the City lads on here, and enjoy the game, Jim!

And to the Spurs lads also…I really don’t like Madrid!!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Adlab
                Participant

No weakened team from Napoli. It was as tough a game as expected. Second penalty a total con. Never mind its 3 points and just about qualified. One more point should do it
                  Hardest game so far this season.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Big Jim
                  Participant

Thought the first 45mins we were brilliant again. Second half Napoli upped their game and we started to flag with passes going astray, the same team as on Sat was bound to have some fatigue. Roll on Burnley.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Brian blue
                    Participant

Time to bring Gungdoghan and Bernadino in Jim?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      nine nine nine

Not the usual steam rolling by City but I think Jim’s right it was the same team as Saturday’s and fatigue was probably an issue. Still a win though v a very good Napoli team.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Brian blue
                        Participant

Always, at some stage we will meet opposition like this but for all the critism City defence takes we only had one against and that was a penalty. The defence has improved, mostly becaue opponents have been trying to keep our attack at bay but nevertheless they are getting better. In part this ois also because we have a better goalkeeper at last. Against Burnley I would certainly make changes, maybe 4/5 subs and keep mostly the same team again against Wolves. Augerro. Gungdohan, Bernando, Danilo, Kompany or maybe add Foden plus another

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Brian blue
                          Participant

The thing that made me smile was this mornings media who described City defence as “Same old City” We have had one goal scored against us in this round and that was a penalty which prooves a point the media cannot wait for us to slip up to give them a headline

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            spang
                            Participant

We where great first 30 min then i Think Napoli was a Little better but KdB what a player i have him among the Worlds best midfielder today Sane is also going to be with the best.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              plattlane 1981
                              Participant

We were immense the first 30 mins, Napoli could live with the accuracy of passing and movement. I think our defence must be given credit for the hard work and improvement, loved Mendy tweet re Ederson he’s going to be a world class keeper.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Big Jim
                                Participant

Really Brian? They reported that our defence was same old City? That is ridiculous. I think Otamendi and Stones have been superb this season. The full backs have been great also. Same old media rubbish more like. Just like Sterling is overated nonsense you still here in the media. I can’t think of one of our players that has put in even average performances this season. Jim

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Big Jim
                                  Participant

Hi Spang, I thought that about Napoli and they certainly upped their game after ht as we got a little ragged. But as you say our defence was brilliant and I also thought we still made the better chances and Reina was the busier keeper in the second half.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Brian blue
                                    Participant

Yes, its true Jim, my Wifes paper!!!! DM…enough said, if I wore the trousers in the house I would not let it pass the letter box!!!!!!!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.