Home Community Liverpool Naby Keita

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    J C
    Participant

Really looking forward to seeing this guy play in the PL, also heard rumours that it’s still possible he can join in January depending on how Leipzig’s season is going.

Anyways, even though he’s not playing over here yet, no reason why we can’t appreciate his performances. Here he is in Leipzig’s first game of the season.

React below 👇

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Nike19
      Participant

Hear hear.

I still can’t believe a deal was agreed. He is I’m led to believe what we’ve missed in somebody sitting in front of the 4 not only to protect, but to turn defence into attack and be that box-to-box player.

As a side, I’m now slowly starting to see Jurgen Klopp being allowed to bring in his own players and assemble his own squad which takes time and patience and should be afforded by both the owners and supporters.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
        Mikus LFC
        Participant

He basically sits in the Henderson position doesn’t he? But looks more comfortable in possession, can spray the ball out, can dribble with the ball out, scores goals but is willing to track back and likes a tackle. Finally close to replacing Stevie??

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by Mikus LFC.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
          nutts
          Participant

He does look to sit at the base of midfield and obviously loves to break forward. Always difficult to get a full picture of a player from a highlights clip. But first impressions are that some of his forward passes were exquisite, but some left a lot to be desired in terms of accuracy. However, he’s going to love playing those balls into Mane and Salah!!! His first touch looks great and he does look quick on the ball! Boy, our front 6 will be amazing on the break!

My worry is that if he sits at the base of the midfield, that he might lack the discipline to protect the CBs.

I guess we’ll see and whatever happens, the first 16/18 will be stronger with him in it.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
            Editor
            Keymaster

He looks a really good player. It’ll be interesting to follow him this season for Leipzig. I’m looking forward to seeing him in the PL

React below 👇

Loading spinner
              mwake
              Participant

Thanks for the video! Yes, I hope Emre doesn’t leave because with Keita as a box to box screening midfielder.

Looking forward to seeing him play with Emre actually, I think they would exchange positions and attack and defend together well. They would also support Coutinho/Lemar to go forward and do what they do.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Nike19
                Participant

If we were to eventually tie up a deal for Van Dijk, bar perhaps the Goalkeeper, (for the first time) we’d potentially be looking at a watertight defence since the days of Rafa’s and Houllier’s earlier and peak years of back 4s fielded.

I say this because Kieta would compliment Van Dijk is probably is the replacement of Javier Mascherano we have long lacked – somebody proactive and not afraid to get their hands dirty to thwart a threat and tidy up play. I know it’s You Tube clips and not to overly read into, but this looks as if this individual does this with such panache and making this playing position his own.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by Nike19.

React below 👇

Loading spinner
                Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.