Home Community General Football Mouriniho's bus

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 141 total)
  • Author
    Big Jim
    Participant

So the question is when City come to Old Trafford in Dec, will Mouriniho park his bus or will he be under pressure from the United fans and club hierarchy to try and play football. If its the latter I think City will win and win quite comfortably.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Editor
      Keymaster

I really don’t think so Jim. Mourinho’s bus tends to make an appearance 2/3 times a season but it’s generally in away games against the other big sides. The Utd City game at Old Trafford last season was quite an open game in contrast to yesterday, as was the Utd Liverpool game at Old Trafford.

It’s obviously frustrating but you only have to look at how Liverpool were picked apart by City for being too ambitious away from home. Fergie was a master at stifling games when the need arose, such as when he famously had Park man mark Pirlo out of a game simply to stop the opposition playing. Josรฉ takes it to the extreme though a couple of times a season but it’s a small price to pay if it does lead to trophies. Otherwise, the means won’t justify the end and he will be gone. So, I’m not overly concerned for now. It’s what he’s done throughout his career, and few would argue with his record. His Madrid side also still holds the record for the most goals scored in a season which is hardly the sign of a defensive coach.

So to summarise, I wish he didn’t do it but it’s something I’m happy to live with a couple of times a season as long as it leads to trophies.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Adlab
        Participant

Hello all.
          Found everybody!
          Mourinho? He has always played the same

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Big Jim
          Participant

Fair assessment ed, without a doubt hes very successful. And i know doesn’t always do it, unless he definitely doesn’t want to risk losing, Like yesterday. I wasn’t knocking his record or achievements. The point I was making is that I think he would be happy with a draw against City like he was against Liverpool yesterday. He looks at the bigger picture and the season as a whole. Not just one game. If you play attacking football and give KDB and Silva space City currently are very capable of beating anyone. Personally I think Mouriniho will play defensively, he will settle for a draw rather than losing 3pts. If he sets united out to go toe to toe with City I will be more than happy.

Ps where are the united fans on footy debate?

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Big Jim
            Participant

Hi Alab, nice to see you here!

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
              nine nine nine

Mourinho is a pragmatist a point at Anfield is a decent point but he will have to go much more offensive if he isn’t to have any chance of catching City.

But Klopp bottled it too imo taking off Salah and Coutinho who were Liverpool’s best players and not bringing a recognised striker on until it was too late.

Klopp didn’t want to lose the game either which is why his substitutions were all so conservative he was scared of getting done on the break.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Big Jim
                Participant

So nine, how do you think he will set up at OT against City in December. Ed thinks he will go for it. I think there will be pressure on him to play football. Fergusson certainly would have.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Editor
                  Keymaster

Jim, yeah there aren’t many Utd fans on the site at the moment. Hopefully we can attract more of all clubs’ fans in the near future. It sometimes just takes a couple coming over from whatever forum they usually post on and the rest follow

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    goatistuta
                    Participant

Sooooo here you all are, leaving me behind, how dare you, lol

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Chucky McChuckface
                      Participant

The thing that grinds my gears about Maureen’s bus, is when he drives it, it’s all a tactical masterclass while looking at the big-picture sign of a genius bullocks and all that, but heaven forbid somebody else happens to drive it at YooUtd, then it’s all claims of 18th century football.. no doubting the guy is a quality manager, but he really can be a massive tit too!

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        goatistuta
                        Participant

On the park the bus debate I was very surprised how the game went. Liverpool had total control of the game in my eyes. Thought Liverpool were unlucky not to win the game. Iโ€™ve seen on other sites that some Utd fans are ok with this which surprises me hugely. The next 2 games against spurs and chelsea will be interesting to watch if they do the same teams below them will catch them up and possibly City will get away from them.

Any Utd fans here to hear their thoughts?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by goatistuta.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Editor
                          Keymaster

Goatistuta, welcome to the site! I’m a Utd fan and you can read my thoughts further up. I wouldn’t say I’m fine with it, certainly not of the “tactical masterclass” variety Chucky refers to above. As I said in my earlier post, I don’t particularly like it but I’m more than prepared to put up with a couple of those a season if, and it’s a big if, it delivers trophies in the end. If it doesn’t lead to trophies, then it’s just not acceptable. It’s easy to say that we shouldn’t accept those performances but we can’t just start sacking managers because of a couple of performances which lacked ambition. We’re the second highest scorers in the league so we do make up for it in our home games.

The home game against Spurs is not the kind of game where Josรฉ has ever previously parked the bus so I just can’t see him starting to do so now. The game away at Chelsea though is likely to be a similar game to yesterday. I’d absolutely take a draw now in the Chelsea game given the chance, especially after how convincingly they beat us there last season. Not many sides will be coming away from Chelsea with 3 points. City the obvious exception!

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            nine nine nine

Jim, I think it all depends on where both sides sit in terms of points difference when the OT game comes around if United are within a point or two of City Mourinho will not be foolish an enough to play an open game v City and try and outplay them, City have far to much quality in to many positions and imo Mourinho will set United up not to lose in the hope they sneak a breakaway win and Mourinho won’t care if it’s a score draw or a one nil breakaway win even with the game bring at OT.

However if the points gap is more than a few points then Mourinho will know he needs to try and take 3 points off of City and he will have to to more offensive with all the risks that go with that v City.

It’s a difficult one for the United fans to swallow because their DNA is in having a very offensive side but Mourinho is a pragmatist and he will do whatever he thinks he needs to do to get him the best result.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              nine nine nine

….. Huddersfield away in the PL up next for United before the Spurs and Chelsea games.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Big Jim
                                Participant

Good points nine.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  nine nine nine

Jim, the post above should have said “and Mourinho wonโ€™t care if itโ€™s a nil nil draw or a one nil breakaway win even with the game being at OT.” ?

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Oz Yob
                                    Participant

As a Liverpool supporter I think itโ€™s very smart to do what he does. Like or loathe him (Iโ€™m obviously the latter) he knows how to win trophies. Get draws away to the better teams, even at home isnโ€™t a bad thing, then beat the so called lesser teams & youโ€™ll be up there abouts come seasons end. Obviously there will be an upset or 2 over the course of a season but ultimately the chances of winning things increases if your not losing to your rivals.
                                      Itโ€™s not good to watch but itโ€™s bloody effective.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      goatistuta
                                      Participant

Ed I see what youre saying mate, just my mates in sunny Stretford just donโ€™t like the closed shop attitude of Mourinho, they say itโ€™s why they hated him when he was Chelsea manager, but hey we will see how the season roles.

Thereโ€™s 6 teams that can take the 4 top spots unlike years before where 4 into 4 went very nicely indeed. No Matter where those 6 are right now any of them can still win this title.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Nike19
                                        Participant

I’m with Oz Yob and Chucky.

Without getting hung up on this, if you think in context of when he Managed Inter, he’d be able to get you a result. Like Rafa when he first joined Liverpool, he was ultra disciplined on defending as a first.

People get wound up about this because Jose was the one who invented the phrase ‘park the bus’ after the 0-0 Spurs draw where I think he had an expectation to take all 3 points. It’s a classic case of ‘one rule for one and one for the other’.

Wasn’t he a bit begrudging when United couldn’t turn draws into wins and teams like Burnley last season stole all 3 points. If he showed more humility and grace to opposition teams, then maybe he himself would be better received.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Nike19
                                          Participant

And to add, I wonder if Jose will employ these tactics when his side travel to the Ethiad, meaning that he’s not just got something against Liverpool.

The only other thing I’d say as a quickie is that if these games are ending 0-0 with a team just solely focusing on nullifying a good attacking side, then perhaps with 0-0 draws, FIFA if anyone could maybe consider the idea of a 15 minute ‘powerplay’ after the game.

Obviously that’s an opportunity to throw in the kitchen sink and one with the most goals of course takes all 3 points.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 141 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.