Home Community General Football Mourinho

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Brian blue
    Participant

I just do not understand this guy. Why does he keep talking about City and how lucky we are. He should be a politician, they never get facts right either. He has spent a lot and relative to other teams the gap is bigger than what he is comparing City/United with. He will be looking for a way out soon if not now. He also inherited player from Fergie who have won Championships, just like City but Pep is not thinking about them
      I just do not understand the guy, I wonder , do his players

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Nike19
      Participant

He’s got trophies to his name since his tenure at the club Brian, which is probably along with his reputation, the key and important factor that’s keeping him in his position.

I heard a remark about him and what he’s made Man United to be a ‘glorified’ Stoke.

The football is draining to watch.

Personally, I can’t see him being there any longer than one, maybe two more years, tops.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Brian blue
        Participant

You are right, he has trophy’s which says he is a good manager, my problem is I do not understand a guy with a talent has to come out with some very odd comments, particularly when facts are wrong. Why comment on things out of his control anyhow, he should concentrate on his own team. He probably has or had more money than he has ever had, but moans because the team above him has more, what about the rest Jose who think Utd have more than them for decades including City

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Nike19
          Participant

Brian, I’m totally with you on that one.

In fairness to Jose, he’s had a luxury many other club Managers would greatly welcome with open arms in being able to spend big.

But it’s also accommodating those players in the way he wants them to play, and man-manage and coach them in order to get the best out of them.

He needs to accept with the risks taken, sometimes the signings don’t always turn out as good as you hoped they would.

Also, the fact that in his own management and coaching ability, Pep could be one better than him, e,g, getting his players to be that 10% fitter, quick and lean in weight – just little factors like that that make a whole world of difference.

It seems to me that he isn’t completely naรฏve about this, but is using this to hide behind ‘Man City having all the luxury of spending power’ so that focus is shifted and placed on that supposed logic and reasoning that the media etc would buy into.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
            nine nine nine

Mourinho is like a Pantomime villain that opposition fans love to hate.?

The squad Guardiola inherited is the key to why Pep has been more successful than Jose plus the money spent which he’s invested very wisely.

Claudio BRAVO (GK) (C. BRAVO)
              3 Bacary SAGNA
              4 Vincent KOMPANY*
              5 Pablo ZABALETA
              6 Fernando REGES (FERNANDO R)
              7 Raheem STERLING*
              8 ฤฐlkay GรœNDOฤžAN
              9 Manuel Agudo DURรN (NOLITO)
              10 Sergio AGUERO (KUN AGรœERO)*
              11 Aleksandar KOLAROV
              13 Willy CABALLERO (GK)
              15 Jesus NAVAS (J NAVAS)
              17 Kevin DE BRUYNE*
              18 Fabian DELPH*
              19 Leroy SANร‰*
              21 David SILVA*
              22 Gael CLICHY
              23 RETIRED
              24 John STONES*
              25 FERNANDINHO*
              30 Nicolas OTAMENDI*
              42 Yaya TOURE (TOURE YAYA)
              45 Ian LAWLOR (GK)
              49 Denzeil BOADU
              50 Pablo MAFFEO
              53 Tosin ADARABIOYO
              54 Angus GUNN (GK)
              55 Brahim DIAZ
              57 Aaron NEMANE
              58 Charlie OLIVER
              60 Kjetil HAUG (GK)
              61 James HORSFIELD
              64 Billy Oโ€™BRIEN (GK)
              65 Lukas NMECHA
              67 Paolo FERNANDES
              68 Thierry AMBROSE
              69 Jose Angel TASENDE (ANGELINO)
              70 Isaac BUCKLEY-RICKETTS
              71 Erik SARMIENTO
              72 Kelechi IHEANACHO
              74 Ellis PLUMMER
              75 Aleix GARCIA (A. GARCIA)
              77 Cameron HUMPHREYS
              78 Rodney KONGOLO
              79 Daniel GRIMSHAW (GK)
              81 Demeaco DUHANEY
              82 Jacob DAVENPORT
              83 Marcus WOOD
              84 Sadou DIALLO
              85 William PATCHING
              86 Ahogrenashinme KIGBU
              87 Javairo DILROSUN

Ten of those players asterisked all played a significant part in City’s title win and that squad was significantly stronger than the Squad Mourinho inherited at United.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Editor
              Keymaster

Agree with that Nine. Jose has toppled greater Pep sides than this one so I don’t understand those who write him off so soon. He might be far away from Pep but he’s a lot closer than anyone else. Not only did Pep inherit a much better squad but he’s spent about ยฃ150million more than Jose in the same period.

Frankly, though, whenever Pep or Jose complain about spending it’s ridiculous. Jose is constantly moaning about City spending more and Pep’s not much better, with his refusing to name a full bench of subs because he doesn’t have enough players with the most expensively assembled squad in history! They both need to shut up and get on with their jobs

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                maverick1973
                Participant

Brian-If you are a City fan,who/what is forcing you to watch United play? Why the need to waste your precious time watching United if their football is-draining to watch?

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  maverick1973
                  Participant

86 Ahogrenashinme KIGBU What a great name!

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Nike19
                    Participant

Jose to me is more about constant self-validation.

Both Pep and Jose joined their clubs respectively around 2016. And both Managers knew what they were walking into. For United, there was more of a rebuilding process and this to some degree reminds of Liverpool and 1990.

Ferguson left an ageing squad, and it’s taken 3 Managers to try and get it back on track and to the standards that the club set for more than a decade.

You’re never going to be in a situation of a level playing field other than 11 v 11 on the pitch.

It’s all about taking risks, decision making and your overall managerial ability. Jose tends to be upsetting or holding back certain players where as Pep for example has got so much more out of Sterling than his predecessor.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      Anonymous

Sterling still can’t cross a ball though, can he? When Pep coaches him to cross then I will accept him as the messiah. I would hazard a guess that Pep will soon tire of coaching Sterling and simply replace him instead.

Lingard has come on leaps and bounds under Jose, but i guess that’s not coaching?

Does the forum really need another Jose bashing thread btw?

I’m not even sure what Jose is meant to have said.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        srd79
                        Participant

I know and agree with those who say Mourinho can be a tool. He didn’t exactly cover himself in glory back with that Chelsea doctor or when he poked Villanova in the eye. He may have a more pragmatic and defensive approach to football than Guardiola. But was his first Chelsea team boring to watch? Was his Real Madrid team boring to watch compared to the Real team of today? Not to me.
                          I’d like to see Guardiola do with teams like Porto and Inter what Mourinho did. That proved Mourinho isn’t just about throwing money about.

To me Guardiola is overrated. He inherited a Barcelona team where Van Gaal and Rijkaard had developed and brought through the likes of Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol, Valdes, Eto’o, Messi and many others. I just don’t see how winning with that team makes him a genious. And the year Real Madrid (with Mourinho) beat them to the title he talked of being exhausted and left the club for Bayern Munich, another team where he inherited a great side with very little domestic competition. But did he develop them? Not in my opinion. Bayern were much more effective and fun to watch under Heynckes in my opinion.

And how about that ribbon of his? So he supports Catalonian independence and democratic elections and works for a club that is owned by a guy that is very close to the UAE royal family. A country where stoning and flogging are still legal methods of punishment.

Yep, makes perfect sense to bash Mourinho and speak of how Guardiola is a level above him.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Brian blue
                          Participant

Maverick…I do not remember saying Utd was” draining to watch.” I am a Mancunian and at one period of my life watched both teams. I still watch Utd on TV but you have to say it has not been enjoyable as it used to be.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            Brian blue
                            Participant

srd79 global politics should not enter a football topic. Foriegn owners of clubs have done good things,what there respective countries have done or doing is not relavent, be it USA, Saudi, Russia, Asian. Driving down the road for a burger/chicken leg I guess nobody thinks about it then As we all know, because we have been told, this is a global society now!!!! works for some , not others. Enjoy the game

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              nine nine nine

Ed, the only suprise to me is that given the squad he inherited Pep didn’t win the PL title in his first season and then he went on to spend hundreds of ยฃยฃยฃ millions more than anyone else but to be fair so did we early on.

Mourinho can do and say things he shouldn’t do and say at times that’s just the way he is but I can’t understand those that question his ability as a Manager.

My money is on Mourinho winning a PL title before Pochettino, Klopp or whoever takes over at Chelsea does!

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                maverick1973
                                Participant

999-Chuckys/Banjos money spent by me is on Pep winning for another couple of seasons then getting bored,while Jose quitting/being pushed next year,lol.

Brian-No Nil said it but I combined the 2 in creating a response to fans of other clubs watching United and then wasting their time on moaning about how boring the type of football on display is.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  maverick1973
                                  Participant

Brian blue-See what Im talking about,City just won the domestic double and instead of focusing on celebrating that,some City fans would much rather focus on United and Jose.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    srd79
                                    Participant

@Brian Blue

I do enjoy the game. Not as much as I used to though. I agree politics shouldn’t be a part of any sport, but it is. going right back to the 1936 Olympics.

Personally it matters to me who clubowners are and who they are connected to. That being said I think City fans do deserve to experience some succes. They haven’t had much of that for years.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      nine nine nine

Mav, wouldn’t discount that one either but that would still leave Poch, Klopp and the new Chelsea Manager with zero PL titles. Like you I can’t understand fans from club’s that have been succesful this season being so focussed on Mourinho. Maybe it’s fear??

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Anonymous

So no-one can actually post what he said that has got Brianโ€™s and Nils knickers in a twist.

Different forum, same shit.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          maverick1973
                                          Participant

999-Chelsea/RA are crazy to even contemplate sacking AC after he won the PL title in his very 1st season! Imho they should give him free reigns and complete control,he deserves it.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 37 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.