Home Community General Football Most overrated vs the most underrated in the PL

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    maverick1973
    Participant

Pogba vs Milivojevic of Crystal Palace.

Yours???

React below πŸ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Nike19
      Participant

Underrated: Fernandino and Benardo Silva

Overrated: Sanchez. I don’t know also what Jose saw in Fred!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
        maverick1973
        Participant

Sanchez is not a player,just like Fellaini,Jones,Rojo…..

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
          Anonymous

Most under-rated player in the PL: Gomez

I know that’s predictable from me as I’ve gone on and on about him previously but the thread is perfect for it πŸ˜›

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
            Mikus LFC
            Participant

Mak, Matip ain’t done a bad job in recent months. And I do enjoy his dribbling surges into midfield/attack.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
              threeps
              Participant

Really Mikus? I actually think opposition teams let him stride forward knowing he will lose control at some point and leave a massive hole for them to counter attack.

Anyway, back to topic, most underrated: Wan Bissaka, although he is getting more plaudits these days

Most overrated? going to controversial and say Harry Kane. He is a good striker, maybe even a great one, but he is not the living Saint the English press make out. And I think Spurs play better football without him in the team.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                Mikus LFC
                Participant

Threeps, at least he shows more endeavour than some of our midfielders have done.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  maverick1973
                  Participant

Matip is even worse than Jones-if that is possible?!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    Anonymous

Matip has done well and I too like his strides forward. I don’t believe teams will let anyone surge through them, regardless of the potential for a counter. That would be suicide. Credit where it’s due, he’s pretty good at it.

When it comes to the normal roles of being a CB though, Gomez is better, stronger and faster though. That’s my opinion anyway.Matip has done quite well in his place, no major complaints, it’s just that I think Gomez + Van Dijk is almost impenetrable.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      nine nine nine

Over rated: Alexis Sanchez how did it come to this given the level he was at at Arsenal.

Keita who was being hailed as better than Kante by some Liverpool fans pre season, maybe another season will turn things around for him.

Under rated: Fabinho. He looked like another Bakayoko, not any more! Liverpool’s most improved player in the second half of the season.

Talking about Bakayoko , even Bakayoko doesn’t look like Bakayoko currently? ?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Adlab
                        Participant

Jones! England player???
                          Underrated…Aguero. Never got into the PL team of the season nor player of the year. Consistent for 8+ years. Which PL team wouldnt want him.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Editor
                          Keymaster

Jones is a bit of a stretch in that category Adlab, in that you’re suggesting people actually rate him. I’m pretty sure people everywhere believe him to be rubbish. Same for Sanchez. Everyone knows he’s rubbish.

Surely the overrated category should be reserved for people who the majority actually rate but you yourself struggle to see why. Delle Alli and (sometimes) Lingard fall into this category for me. Both have decent stats. Lingard developed really well under Mourinho but he just doesn’t do enough for me. Alli has good stats but whenever I watch him, I struggle to see what he actually does. Mahrez in with a shout here too. Pogba another considering his inconsistency.

Underrated, Firmino would have been a good shout but he seems to be getting a lot more credit recently.

There has to be a degree of controversy around these choices otherwise they’re by default ineligible ?

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            threeps
                            Participant

Was just about to post something similar about Sanchez!

I’ll throw another couple of overrated into the pile, Harry Macguire and Davinson Sanchez. Both look good on the highlights reel because they can head the ball but postionally they are all over the place and are pretty poor defenders . A bit like Matip. Except they can head.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              Rover
                              Participant

Sanchez was very good at Arsenal

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Hightown hope

Good question – I’ll be controversial as well. The guy I’m going to call overrated definitely fits the rated by most if not all category, but for the life of me, I honestly don’t think he’s that good, other than, and this to be fair is impoortant, he’s better than his predecessor and he seems to give his colleagues confidence. I give you…Allison! Is he really all that good? I’ve seen an awful lot of him this season (obviously), and he honestly doesn’t impress me much.

Underrated, I’m going for Iwobi at Arsenal. He was brilliant at Anfield in a 5-1 defeat for Arsenal, never stopped trying, unlike some that day, and every time I’ve seen him he looks a proper player. Not many talk about him so therefore it would appear he’s not really rated by many.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  nine nine nine

Rover, that’s the connudrum mate Sanchez was brilliant at Arsenal and a lot of Chelsea fans were desperate for Chelsea to sign him.

Hightown,, good shout on Iwobi.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Editor
                                    Keymaster

Big shout on Allison Hightown!

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      sean the sailor
                                      Participant

Alison has been very good but he does give me the shivers sometimes

Huge saves in big games Napoli, Everton, utd etc

I think Davisson Sanchez is an excellent defender.

Have to agree on dele Ali. Not sure what he does at times.

Matt Doherty at wolves. Going under the radar a bit and he’s been brilliant

Rondon at Newcastle. Very good player

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Anonymous

HH, I know where you’re coming from but I’m going to disagree, partially.

Allison for me is an excellent keeper but he’s billed as this incredible world beater. That was definitely the story when he arrived anyway but then he made a terrible mistake and thoughts on him became very wishy washy, as he made a host of brilliant/very good saves in some matches following.

I think he makes some fans nervous because he plays on the edge. I actually don’t have a huge problem with it (except in one or 2 games where he’s taken the piss completely). It’s part of how Klopp wants him to play, when he does it right.

What worries me about him is how he can sometimes parry a save into danger. It’s not been a big problem for him here , yet.. but it was definitely an issue with him before. Now, have we not seen him do this many times because he’s improving as a keeper, or is it because our defence shields him a lot better than his previous sides? I can’t answer this, time will tell though.

I will say one thing about all of this though and that is that Liverpool fans have got some kind of PTSD when it comes to keepers. We have had some howler prone lads in the past and it makes it all more shocking when the current keeper makes a mistake. I think we’ve got to accept that even the best make mistakes that cost their team but in my opinion, Allison has earned plenty of points for us this season. I think the boys trust him and he trusts them. They make one of the best defences in the world together with Gomez.

I do see why you’ve nominated Allison though. he was expensive and he’s definitely not perfect. I think he’s eccentric but his madness suits how Klopp wants the team to play. I’m definitely glad we got him but I don’t think he’s the best keeper in the PL. That’s obviously De Gea but maybe he’s 2nd.

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          maverick1973
                                          Participant

Talking about PTSD,is Fellaini still playing for United,or have I dreamed a dream he was off to China?? I agree about D.Alli,what does he bring to the team??

React below πŸ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 48 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.