Home Community General Football Midweek Prem Action!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 236 total)
  • Author
    Nike19
    Participant

Well, the Premier League is back,

For maybe one or two of us, it’s been quite a long wait.

Man City have the chance to close gap to 1 point when they face Newcastle at St James’ Park. I can only see a handsome Man City win and their Goal Difference increasing.

Rafa I’m sure would like to lend a helping hand, but he just doesn’t have the players.

As for us, some freshness after our long break away. Lovren is back and is likely to be ahead of Matip. I think with Van Dijk, TAA and Robertson will make the back 4. Shaquiri may start to pair up with Henderson and Fabinho, and then of course, you’ll have the front 3. We can’t take Leicester lightly, and we must solely focus on ensuring 3 points.

United have a chance to further their run of wins in succession when they face Burnley at Old Trafford.

Easy win for Spurs I say facing Watford. The Gunners meanwhile should be able to thrash Cardiff.

Interesting few days lie ahead.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

*hover/click on the number below the reaction to see who reacted

Loading spinner
      Chucky McChuckface
      Participant

Don’t know where you get an easy when for Spuds from, cyber chum!! We couldn’t score in a brothel right now, and Watfoirjd are just going to sit back and hit us on the counter like all the other mid-table sides this season (with the noted exception of Pool & City).

Sneaky 1-0 to Watforjd is written all over this! (Probably scored in the 7th minute and 10 men behind the ball for 83 minutes….)

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
        Oz Yob
        Participant

Confident the lads will get the job done at Anfield, Iโ€™m going for 3-1 to us. I reckon Spurs Watford will be closer than you think too but c$ty will destroy Newcastle. Just looking forward to seeing us in action again.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
          nine nine nine

Can only see wins for both City and Liverpool comfortable wins for United and Arsenal a tricky away trip for Chelsea and a low scoring win for Spurs

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
            maverick1973
            Participant

A very tricky one for United too,Burnley always make it hard to beat for us.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
              Adlab
              Participant

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-legend-says-man-city-13919725

What an arsehole.

Pin this up for Peps team talk. Why do people use insults? Ans..Inadequate

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                nine nine nine

There’s pundits then there’s John Aldridge!?

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                  Nike19
                  Participant

Adlab,

I certainly don’t think of Man City in that way, and my reckoning is that there’s mutual respect and liking between the two clubs. Pep has spoken highly of Klopp, and so there’s no need for Aldridge to behave like this.

Probably best for this left in isolation and ignored mate. That’s why these days, I don’t pay too much attention to pundits and the media circus.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                    gjblues
                    Participant

Aldridge, a CF with limited ability, actually got lucky himself, playing in that great Liverpool team in the eighties – absolute tosser. Good scoring record but my Gran could have scored with the likes of Houghton, Barnes, Molby, Beardsley, McMahon, et al supplying the ammo.
                      Radio City should sack the muppet.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                      sean the sailor
                      Participant

Fabhino will play right full as Gomez, taa and Milner our id say nil mate

Newcastle are Iโ€™m serous trouble and I canโ€™t belueve they havenโ€™t strengthened. City will trash them

Aldridge is far to biased. Donโ€™t like his columns but letโ€™s not play him down as a poor player

Excellent goal scorer. Worked his balks off, great touch and held the ball yo well

Scored a lot of goals in Spain and was an absolute hero for Ireland. Love the man !

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                        Nike19
                        Participant

I’m with Sean. Aldridge was a fantastic servant for us of his ilk.

And also, he’s not cut out to be someone choosing to give a measured view – he’s better suited down the Pub for his type of chat.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by Nike19.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                          Nike19
                          Participant

Sean, you’re probably right mate re Fabinho.

I’m now counting down for Ox’s comeback – just over a month – here’s hoping ๐Ÿ™‚

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                            gjblues
                            Participant

Sean, read my post again. I didn’t say he was a poor player – your words – I said he had limited ability. He was suited to football in the 80’s, ably assisted by the far better technicians I mentioned. Am I right?
                              He didn’t need to say what he said, we all know City are far, far behind Liverpool in the trophy count (at the moment) but he needs to check club valuations before calling us a “small club”.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by gjblues.

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                              sean the sailor
                              Participant

Giblues, exactly. No need to say it at all. I canโ€™t stand his articles but he was a very good player for his clubs and at international level

I watched the man for years. He was a goal scorer who scored goals. That was his job

He wcored a lot of goals for an average club in real sociadad

Too player in my opinion and I saw him live many many times for Ireland who were another limited team that played with Aldridgeโ€™s heart and passion

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                Brian blue
                                Participant

Aldridge…child like comments, complete irrelevance. What happened yesterday has no bearing on the future, he clearly lives in the past and needs to change his thinking. Liverpool got there investor, a good one to and they are supporting the Liverpool effort the best they can. It cannot be easy for an American to understand the culture of our game but they are doing a decent job of it until you get idiots spouting about “big club/small club” History/no history Shirt sales etc etc. Maybe we should have 3 leagues
                                  1. The real football one
                                  2 History league
                                  3 Events outside football, shop sales etc

I am only interested in watching a good football match, whatever the score line, the rest is for post analytical mindset

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                  Chucky McChuckface
                                  Participant

Oh no, somebody resisted the urge to crawl up the M1 and take the Yankee dollar… ๐Ÿ™‚

โ€œTime, time, time, wait, wait, wait, we need to finish our stadium. We need to arrive the day, that will be the day that it clicks, the day we sign a player and the player says, โ€˜I am signing for Tottenham because I want to win titlesโ€™, that is going to be the day the club is in the last level. If you listen to me in the last four and a half years we are always helping the club to finish the stadium, to finish the training ground, to help the club on the financial side, to be in the top for four and a half years ago was a dream, to be consistent in top four, to play in Champions League and have the capacity to show Europe and the world Tottenham is alive and there.”

โ€œWhen we arrive at new stadium we will be one of the most exciting clubs. If you sign for Tottenham and your introduction is going to be in this amazing stadium, you are going to say , โ€˜I want to come here because I want to win titlesโ€™. In the last few years it was about to try and fight again, the Wembley hoodoo. Remember the last season at White Hart Lane when we had no corner, in that season we were unbeaten. This season we play Champions League at Wembley, it was difficult to win, we were out in the first stage and there was a Wembley hoodoo.”

โ€œWhen you go back, I promise you we are a very successful group of people working for a company doing the job they need us to be doing. What can I say against the players because we lose on penalties to Chelsea. Why, for me they are heroes. Because we lose after three days when Crystal Palace had the whole week clear. Tomorrow we are going to play a team that played Saturday, we played Sunday. Then we are going play Saturday, and then we are going to play Sunday and Wednesday we are going to play against Borussia Dortmund. I am not going to complain, I am going to translate the reality, the fans want the reality. Then other people want to give their opinion from outside. I am a very positive person and I am going to try and deliver in my job. I am going to stick with the club until the end to help the club achieve all they want.โ€

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                    Adlab
                                    Participant

Who are you quoting?

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                      Chucky McChuckface
                                      Participant

Really? ๐Ÿ™‚

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                        Chucky McChuckface
                                        Participant

(Poncho)

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Adlab
                                          Participant

Yes!

React below ๐Ÿ‘‡

Loading spinner
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 236 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.